rzhukov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
that's nice
rzhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2011, 05:05 PM #23
Nemo128

Nemo128 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I'm not an IOG member... really hate to sign up just for one thing.

Can any of you find out for me if he's a PBN member? I would take that blue block w/ Verdikt LPR immediately.

For Sale: CP Gen3, Eclipse OOPS
Nemo128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:34 PM #24
seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
He is a PBN member

He also posted his number to receive texts

Last edited by seriouslysilly : 03-09-2011 at 07:00 AM.
seriouslysilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:57 PM #25
Nemo128

silly, that link goes to Oops page.

edit: Got it, thanks!

Guys, what would it take to get a custom front block made? Obviously money but do you think it could be done?

Last edited by Nemo128 : 03-08-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:58 PM #26
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Sure, anything can be done. It's likely to cost a lot. Not sure why you would want to with an NME. If you're going to go to that level of customization, buy an Evil-M body blank. You can then make the marker into anything you want. One of these days that's what I'm going to do.

I would highly suggest registering for IOG. If you are looking for Timmy parts for your NME, you can find just about anything there without having to wade through the none Timmy stuff. Many of the BST items posted by members there have an IOG discount applied to them and are posted more expensive on PBN.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 PM #27
Nemo128

Sorry, don't know anything about that. But I would love to "create" something of my own, so maybe I should start looking into that!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:43 PM #28
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Ahhhh... The Evil-M. It's a marker that AKA was producing until the settlement of the lawsuit brought against them by Smart Parts.

As part of the settlement AKA had to stop producing electronic markers. AKA had been gearing up to produce the Evil-M, so all they had were unmilled body blanks.

These blanks can accept SOME AKA Viking parts, but for the most part they are a blank canvas.

The bodies have to be milled (they are just a block with upper and lower tube bores), so every marker is custom. In addition no LPR was ever produced for it and no trigger frame was ever produced for it.

It's the ultimate custom marker and no two look the same.

Here are a couple of examples of Evil-Ms:

Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 PM #29
Nemo128

It seems like a cool idea, but I don't like that the eye covers all look the same. Maybe I'm not seeing the potential though. I need to research this more, I'd love to design and have created a 1-off marker like that.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:05 AM #30
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
The eye covers look the same becuase most people use Viking eye covers. The body blanks are often pre-drilled for them. No reason you would have to though.

Another customer marker along similar lines is the Deadlywind Aedes. I would suggest visiting the custom marker forum. There's a lot of neat stuff you can do if you have the tinker bug and you want to go beyond drop in upgrades for an off the shelf marker.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:55 PM #31
Nemo128

Been browsing there a lot lately, so I'll keep at it and see what I can do. Would still like to build up the NME, but may not get too crazy with it.

Also tjs, does the Hybrid Verdikt LPR take SCMIII internals?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:27 PM #32
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Yes it does. Any Alias style LPR will take the SCM-III internals. I use a Hybrid Verdikt with SCM-III internals on all of my Intimidators as I prefer the looks over other LPRs.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:34 PM #33
Nemo128

I received the CP Gen 3 and I will sign up for IOG to snatch that Verdikt LPR.

Next steps, I want to get dovetails milled into the botton of the NME frame. I also need to find a new frame half. After milling, I'll get some anno and I think I'll be done.

After the NME is done, maybe then I'll move on to a totally custom marker.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:50 PM #34
Nemo128

I tried to chrono the NME today with the CP Gen 3 inline and couldn't get above about 260. I wonder if the bolt is the problem. I don't have a stock bolt to test the idea with.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 AM #35
Element Paintball
is now FACTOR PAINTBALL

Annual Supporting Member
Element Paintball is a Supporting Member
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Good read through this build up so far. I always liked how the NME looked, but I recall there being minor issues. Didn't they shorten the bolt motion in order to get a higher ROF than an intimidator, of which its a copy? I recall these having a somewhat inconsistent shot due to the bolt not loading the ball all the way forwards
Element Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:08 PM #36
Nemo128

Well that's the other problem. The stock bolt never gave me a problem, but I don't have one any more. There's an Orange Procheck bolt in, it's cut down to the NME length.

I'm going to check if the o-rings on the bolt are sealing properly, maybe I'm losing output air to bad sealing. Also going to turn the LPR up a tad, it's at 75 according to the gauge.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:32 PM #37
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Never had any problems with my three NMEs. The bolt is shorter than a 2k2 Intimidator, but the ram is also longer and the notch for the bolt pin is forward more. This make the bolt sits forward more so the forward position of the bolt in the breech the same as a 2k2 intimidator. Bob Long basically did the same thing with the Alias Intimidator that was released after the NME. They did it a slightly different way though. They shortend the bolt, but instead of changing the ram length and notch position to make the bolt sit forward more, they shortened the breech length by moving the whole top tube back further in relation to the bottom tube.

The bolt length is actually of no concern. As long as the bolt is long enough to push past the detents and long enough to seal off the feedneck (so air doesn't blow up into the feedneck), it should work fine.

The NME is actually a very reliable platform. Most of the time when I hear that people have issues it's becuase they tried to use aftermarket parts. The best bolt for the NME has always been the stock bolt. The stock reg and LPR are good as well.

The only good alternative to those is to replace the internals, front block, and LPR with Intimidator parts. Doing this however isn't going to increase performance. You may see a negligable performance increase by putting on an SCM-III LPR and an AKA 2-Liter or Sidewinder HPR. But even then any performance increase will be hardly noticable. The one really good reason to swap out for Intimidator internals is if you have something broken. NME parts are near impossible to find now. If your ram sleeve, ram, or poppit are damaged you most likely won't be able to find a replacment so the only real option there is to swap for Intimidator parts.

The only Intimidator part that will create any noticable perfomrance increase is the trigger frame due to being able to utilize modern electronics. The NME board is outdated and replacing it with a modern board is the most impacting thing you can due to increase performance.

I've modded the trigger frame on one of my NMEs to accept an Etek 2 Virtue OLED board. Everything else on it is stock. The difference between it and my other two NMEs that have the stock board is night and day and it performs on par with several of the highly upped Intimidators that I own.

Last edited by tjs0349 : 03-15-2011 at 11:42 PM.
tjs0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:50 PM #38
Nemo128

I'm going to focus on the velocity issue. It should get to 300fps with no problem. Going to check the board settings, put the dwell to 12 and see what happens.

I also have a slight leak coming from the fitting in the HPR, so I'm gonna teflon tape that and see if it was contributing to the low velocity.