Old 12-24-2010, 03:27 PM #1
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Free PFC Bradley Manning!

This thread will be to discuss the actions and resulting treatment of the man, Bradley Manning, who leaked the classified documents to Wikileaks. This man discovered injustices that were being done, and made them public knowledge. I understand that the military has its own code of conduct and plays by their own rules. But his actions do not warrant a 7 month stay in solitary confinement, with an 80 year prison sentence pending. I would not find it hard to believe that he has been or will be tortured as well, and many citizens will call for his blood, just as they are told to, and will never even take time to glance at any of the released documents.

Furthermore, people should stop playing both sides of the issue. You can't tell me that the info released is "stuff we already knew" or that it is insignificant, and then demand Bradley be killed for treason. This man gave you proof of evil, and instead of supporting him in his self sacrifice, you line up on the side of the people committing the acts. You want to ward off big government control? Then support those who actually take action when government lies and manipulates us.

Below is a good article I found about the leaks, and I encourage you to click the embedded links in the article (click the page link on here to view the embedded words). I also highly encourage you to read through some of the leaked information yourself. Don't ignore the content, and do decide for yourself who the real evil is. The ones who committed the acts depicted in the leaks, or the man who brought these acts to your attention?

Quote:
Under-Appreciated Person One: Bradley Manning. While we were all fixated on Julian Assange, the story of the young American soldier who actually leaked the classified documents passed almost unnoticed. If Manning was mentioned at all, it was as to be described an impetuous, angry kid who downloaded the documents onto a CD and leaked them as a result of a "grudge" or "tantrum."

Here's what really happened. Manning signed up when he was just 18 believing him would be protecting and defending his country and the cause of freedom. He soon found himself sent to Iraq, where he was ordered to round up and hand over Iraqi civilians to America's new Iraqi allies, who he could see were then torturing them with electrical drills and other implements. The only "crime" committed by many of these people was to write "scholarly critiques" of the occupation or the new people in charge. He knew torture was a crime under US, Iraqi and international law, so he went to his military supervisor and explained what was going on. He was told to shut up and get back to herding up Iraqis.

Manning had to choose between being complicit in these atrocities, or not. At the age of 21, he made a brave choice -- to put human rights before his own interests. He found the classified military documents revealing the US was covering up the deaths of 15,000 Iraqis and had a de facto policy of allowing the Iraqis they had installed in power to carry out torture -- and he decided he had a moral obligation to show them to the American people. To prevent the major crime of torturing and murdering innocents, he committed the minor crime of leaking the evidence. He has spent the last seven months in solitary confinement -- a punishment that causes many prisoners to go mad and which the US National Commission on Prisons called "torturous." He is expected to be sentenced to 80 years in jail at least. The people who allowed torture have faced no punishment at all.

Manning's decision was no "tantrum" -- it was one of the most admirable stands for justice and freedom of 2010. We need to stand by him now and make sure he isn't forgotten. To find out how you can support him, click here.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann..._b_801025.html

7 months in solitary confinement staring at white walls is enough to drive any man insane. I'm sure once he gets out, the media will try to pass him off as a crazy anarchist. Don't swallow that ****. If ever there was a real American hero, it's this guy. A man who knowingly put his own well-being in jeopardy, for the good of humanity. A man who essentially gave his own life, to expose human injustices.

Last edited by spracks21 : 12-24-2010 at 03:41 PM.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:29 PM #2
P0ontang 09er (Banned)
That stinky thang

I love me some sensationalism.
P0ontang 09er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:33 PM #3
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0ontang 09er View Post
Should I not feel negative emotion when a person is being tortured for exposing terrorism?
Old 12-24-2010, 03:56 PM #4
Not_Werty7373

Not_Werty7373 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Im glad he is in prison. not everything in war is pretty
† CHRIST KREW #666 †
~»†††«~
Not_Werty7373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:09 PM #5
Snake13
Sky Soldier

Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
He's a traitor, he should be killed
Snake13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:13 PM #6
NotMaxpowOrDarshSauc (Banned)
Not maxpow or Darsh Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0ontang 09er View Post
Yeah I understand your side Spracks because we share it for the most part...

But cut down on the touchy feely ****.

<3
NotMaxpowOrDarshSauc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:14 PM #7
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
He signed the document for secret clearance knowing full well the consequences for leaking or selling secrets was 80 years in federal prison. What did he expect? He's a *******. He could of taken it to the people who could of done something about it; instead, he leaked it to the entire world so spies could get "free" information about what goes on inside our government. It was obviously a political move, not, "one of the most admirable stands for justice and freedom of 2010".

War is definitely hell. You can't control everyone, especially the psychopaths that are harbored on both sides. If the ****s are on your own team, all you can do is lay low and pretend to agree with them.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 12-24-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:25 PM #8
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
He signed the document for secret clearance knowing full well the consequences for leaking or selling secrets was 80 years in federal prison. What did he expect? He's a *******. He could of taken it to the people who could of done something about it, instead of leaking it to the entire world so spies could get "free" information about what goes on inside our government. It was obviously a political move, not, "one of the most admirable stands for justice and freedom of 2010".
take it to who? He went to his CO and was told to ignore it. So he brought it to a neutral organization meant for these kind of things. And of course he knew what would happen. He isn't begging for release. But we should be. He did a good thing. And please cite an example from the leaked documents that could aide spies in attacking America? And I find it hard to believe a 21 year old soldier did this for politics. This will most likely destroy his life, but he did it anyway.

And I'm sorry my post is so dramatic, but it is a humanly emotional issue. An American solider is being subjected to torture for exposing terrorism, and even the public that he made the information available to despises him. I guess another reason I put such theatrics into the post is because of the people who give the type of responses already present in this thread. "I'm glad he's in prison." "I hope they kill him." Right, how dare he give you information of your governments conniving nature. This is America, he should just shut up and ignore the killings of innocent people, and tortures of hundreds, like a true patriot. This **** isn't a conspiracy theory anymore. ****'s happening, and most people are content to ignore the info available to them, and go on hating who they are told to hate.

Last edited by spracks21 : 12-24-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:13 PM #9
Seahawk6060

Spracks, it's so easy to see that you live in a bubble. You're so naive that I could only guess you've been coddled and nursed your whole life. You're such a child. You neither understand true suffering nor felt real pain. As well intentioned as you are, and I mean that sincerely, you have a very simplistic and superficial view of the world we live in. The world, outside your bubble, is a very severe and dangerous place and you'd do well to maybe travel it some and learn. We are surrounded by people that want to do us harm. They would love nothing better than to see America wiped from the face of the map. Unfortunately, we have citizens that play right into their hands. Traitors (PFC Manning) and apologists (you) provide our enemies with the very justifications they desire to pick away at us. What you see as a noble endeavor is your own private quest to find a cause that will make you feel better about yourself. This really isn't about that cockroach Manning, it's about you and your own lost sense of self. You've lost a sense of who you are, so you pick up on a rather spurious and trivial cause like Manning. You set him up as some kind of martyr, as if you're looking for something to believe in - something to counter your own lack of self-esteem.

I'd like to point out that the writer of the article was Johann Hari, a Scottish columnist, not an American. He is a self-described "European social democrat." He has been named by the Daily Telegraph as one of the most influential people on the left in Britain, and by the Dutch magazine Winq as one of the twenty most influential gay people in the world [Wikipedia]. Is it any real surprise that you have this gay lefty supporting another gay lefty (Pac Manning)? This is the big problem in the homosexual community. It's not their sexual orientation that I take offense, it's their tendency towards radical left-wing ideology.

The article has more holes than swiss cheese. I'll point out the most egregious. While it tries to show him as trying "to prevent the major crime of torturing and murdering innocents," in fact he released documents having nothing to do with "torturing and murdering." I also wonder why PFC Manning joined the military with these supposed delusions that war was clean, only to find out in Iraq, that it was a bloody and dirty business. Spare me, anyone with an ounce of intelligence know that the people in the Mideast play by a different set of rules. Face it, you and Bradley are two peas in a pod, naive and ignorant.

As for Manning, let him burn in hell for betraying his oath and commitment to America and its welfare.
Seahawk6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:23 PM #10
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
take it to who? He went to his CO and was told to ignore it. So he brought it to a neutral organization meant for these kind of things. ....
He broke the law, and received the punishment he was briefed he would receive if he broke said law. He deserves what he got. His CO has a CO, and so forth all the way up to the President. He CHOSE to break his chain of command, meaning he chose to go about correcting this the wrong way. If he had done everything correctly, he wouldn't be in military prison.

PS - military prison is different than civilian prison for a reason.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:32 PM #11
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk6060 View Post
Spracks, it's so easy to see that you live in a bubble. You're so naive that I could only guess you've been coddled and nursed your whole life. You're such a child. You neither understand true suffering nor felt real pain. As well intentioned as you are, and I mean that sincerely, you have a very simplistic and superficial view of the world we live in. The world, outside your bubble, is a very severe and dangerous place and you'd do well to maybe travel it some and learn. We are surrounded by people that want to do us harm. They would love nothing better than to see America wiped from the face of the map. Unfortunately, we have citizens that play right into their hands. Traitors (PFC Manning) and apologists (you) provide our enemies with the very justifications they desire to pick away at us. What you see as a noble endeavor is your own private quest to find a cause that will make you feel better about yourself. This really isn't about that cockroach Manning, it's about you and your own lost sense of self. You've lost a sense of who you are, so you pick up on a rather spurious and trivial cause like Manning. You set him up as some kind of martyr, as if you're looking for something to believe in - something to counter your own lack of self-esteem.

I'd like to point out that the writer of the article was Johann Hari, a Scottish columnist, not an American. He is a self-described "European social democrat." He has been named by the Daily Telegraph as one of the most influential people on the left in Britain, and by the Dutch magazine Winq as one of the twenty most influential gay people in the world [Wikipedia]. Is it any real surprise that you have this gay lefty supporting another gay lefty (Pac Manning)? This is the big problem in the homosexual community. It's not their sexual orientation that I take offense, it's their tendency towards radical left-wing ideology.

The article has more holes than swiss cheese. I'll point out the most egregious. While it tries to show him as trying "to prevent the major crime of torturing and murdering innocents," in fact he released documents having nothing to do with "torturing and murdering." I also wonder why PFC Manning joined the military with these supposed delusions that war was clean, only to find out in Iraq, that it was a bloody and dirty business. Spare me, anyone with an ounce of intelligence know that the people in the Mideast play by a different set of rules. Face it, you and Bradley are two peas in a pod, naive and ignorant.

As for Manning, let him burn in hell for betraying his oath and commitment to America and its welfare.
Done some traveling. Been to Egypt, Mexico, Canada, Italy, Czech Republic, and India so far. They all pretty much hate us. And as to me living in a bubble, forgive me for actually looking at the info thats been leaked, before it all was taken off the internet. Forgive me for caring about a fellow human who is being tortured for exposing his first hand knowledge of the US committing terrorists acts. Forgive me for being embarrassed of my fellow Americans for demanding the blood of a US soldier who tried to do the right thing. Ever think this is why other countries hate us? Because we are bullies and thugs? Because we preach free speech, then condemn those who practice it? Because we allow our military to exist as its own nation, answerable to no one? We can steal, kill, and torture, as long as we do it in the name of "freedom" and "spreading democracy."

And really? you want to bring in homosexuality to this? And you call me ignorant. This has nothing to do with his sexual orientation. Way to conjure up filth to discredit the guy. Your bigotry has you living so far up your own ***, that you can't even seen the puppet you are. You think you are enlightened? Bull****. You're just another hate-filled thug, that equates being a bad-*** to being a patriot. You are naive, and should grow up.

Bradley does not deserve to die for this crime. He released information, that is being described by the media as **** we already knew, and insignificant, yet all of it was quickly taken away from our eyes. You can turn a blind eye if you want, but again, this isn't conspiracy bull**** anymore.

love,

A better American than you
Old 12-24-2010, 06:02 PM #12
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
love,

A better American than you
By saying you are a better American than anyone, you have disqualified yourself from being so.

I don't think you understand what classified material safeguards are, civilian.

Last edited by barrel roll : 12-24-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:14 PM #13
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
By saying you are a better American than anyone, you have disqualified yourself from being so.

I don't think you understand what classified material safeguards are, civilian.
Want me to edit in the ?
Old 12-24-2010, 06:18 PM #14
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Are you a wizard?

The second comment was poking a little fun, but the ideas behind each stand.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:20 PM #15
NotMaxpowOrDarshSauc (Banned)
Not maxpow or Darsh Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
He broke the law, and received the punishment he was briefed he would receive if he broke said law. He deserves what he got. His CO has a CO, and so forth all the way up to the President. He CHOSE to break his chain of command, meaning he chose to go about correcting this the wrong way. If he had done everything correctly, he wouldn't be in military prison.

PS - military prison is different than civilian prison for a reason.
See I agree that he should get the punishment. Simply because of this^^^ He agreed to it. Its part of a contract he signed.

You can't get the glory without the **** involved. He did an "alright" thing, now he is going to pay for it. Meh.
NotMaxpowOrDarshSauc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:50 PM #16
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears

Capital punishment for treason.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:00 PM #17
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
while I doubt what he did was/is worthy of a death sentence, it is pretty clear that he broke the law, and will have to face the penalty of it. I'd hope he knew that when he did it.

But seriously, he won't be tried for treason, let alone sentenced to death for it. Let's be honest here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk6060 View Post
Traitors (PFC Manning) and apologists (you) provide our enemies with the very justifications they desire to pick away at us.
uh...no. You're thinking way too hard

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?

Last edited by Wango_Tango : 12-24-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Wango_Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:11 PM #18
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake13 View Post
He's a traitor, he should be killed
This. So is most of congress and senate, but hey, they're rich.
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:13 PM #19
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Know what happens when you bust a deal?
Old 12-24-2010, 07:13 PM #20
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears

If I remember correctly, there is still unreleased information being held by Wikileaks. Their insurance file has to have some juicy documents and they are bound to be sitting on more so they can keep themselves relevant in the media. If he stole something that critically undermines our efforts, he will either die an old man in a cold cell or as a socially awkward middle-aged man strapped to a bed. Besides, you have to set your crosshairs high so you can compromise in a favorable position, I've watched many seasons of Law & Order.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:16 PM #21
licence2kill
POOP

Considering he's only looking at jail time he's getting off pretty easy.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote