Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-29-2010, 08:04 AM #1
Question SP barrel threading

Should I bother buying new barrels for my SP1 or is Smart Parts threading going to become obsolete eventually?

Also, I currently use a Redz Pepperstick barrel kit, which is 2 - piece. Unfortunately I get more barrel breaks than I'd like. Would switching to 1 piece barrels help?
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on" - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 10-29-2010, 09:47 AM #2
mowing faces since '83
Smart Parts markers are being mad by GOG now, and the threads are the same.
justicexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:05 PM #3
Capt'n Crunch
Bonus Balled Toucan Sam
I don't think you will see an end to Ion threaded barrels anytime soon, there is too much product out there still.
"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one!"
Redlined Axe|Empire Trracer Pump|BT TM 15 Magpul ACR|BT 4 AK-47
Capt'n Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:46 PM #4
I have an sp1 and i have an empire Apex 2 that i use on it, but i picked up one of these for it. now i can use my barrel on both of my guns and not have to worry about threading. Also 2 piece barrels vs. 1 pieces shouldn't really effect performance and chopping as far as I know...
Dangerous Power FX Setup
sharpshooter314 is offline   Reply With Quote