Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 02:35 PM #43
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster
 
SmallBaller712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: West County Stl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
i agree with everything that madgoat is saying

and so does MLG (they switched to ps3 this year)
and so does the lead xbox guy at IGN
http://www.ign.com/blogs/Hil-IGN/201...itched-to-ps3/
finally someone offers some substance to the argument.

although, that whole article is their opinion, aside from the paying for online play. But, there is nothing about the controller in that article either which makes it irrelevant
__________________
Originally Posted by perfectpixie2005..."I'd suck to do alot of work to an Fbody."

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2011, 02:36 PM #44
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
why do you insist on trolling every console thread with your pc nonsense?
because consoles suck dick and are dumbing down gaming

Quote:
and do you still play paintball?
not really
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:37 PM #45
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2
 
tchs_drummer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Paintball sucks.
__________________
BradTater
Georgia Southern Eagles - Join The Journey - Sun Belt 2014
"It's better to have died a young boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
tchs_drummer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:40 PM #46
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster
 
SmallBaller712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: West County Stl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
because consoles suck dick and are dumbing down gaming
PCs suck dick and nerd up gaming
__________________
Originally Posted by perfectpixie2005..."I'd suck to do alot of work to an Fbody."

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:46 PM #47
MutR.
Shut up.
 
MutR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CDA
MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallBaller712 View Post
finally someone offers some substance to the argument.

although, that whole article is their opinion, aside from the paying for online play. But, there is nothing about the controller in that article either which makes it irrelevant
it all comes down to personal preference. The ps3 battery/recharge system is superior in that its a rechargeable internal battery that doesnt add any extra weight or bulk to the controller, and it is rechargeable with a standard usb to mini use cable and not some fancy console specific cable. the argument of the ps3 battery dying out is moot because ive had my ps3 and controller since the ps3 launched and i can play at least 15 hours before i need to plug my controller back in, and even then, its fully charged in about 20 minutes.
__________________
PAINTBALL RUINED MY LIFE

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:54 PM #48
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2
 
tchs_drummer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
it all comes down to personal preference. The ps3 battery/recharge system is superior in that its a rechargeable internal battery that doesnt add any extra weight or bulk to the controller, and it is rechargeable with a standard usb to mini use cable and not some fancy console specific cable. the argument of the ps3 battery dying out is moot because ive had my ps3 and controller since the ps3 launched and i can play at least 15 hours before i need to plug my controller back in, and even then, its fully charged in about 20 minutes.
Now, I'm not saying it's a problem...but....lrn2statistics
__________________
BradTater
Georgia Southern Eagles - Join The Journey - Sun Belt 2014
"It's better to have died a young boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
tchs_drummer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:00 PM #49
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
Now, I'm not saying it's a problem...but....lrn2statistics
no, you!
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:02 PM #50
MutR.
Shut up.
 
MutR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CDA
MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
Now, I'm not saying it's a problem...but....lrn2statistics
im pretty sure the word 'about' implies average times and is not a factual statistic, but whatever. Based on the amount of time ive had my ps3, i think i know how long it takes for the battery to die/recharge.
__________________
PAINTBALL RUINED MY LIFE

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:04 PM #51
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2
 
tchs_drummer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
im pretty sure the word 'about' implies average times and is not a factual statistic, but whatever. Based on the amount of time ive had my ps3, i think i know how long it takes for the battery to die/recharge.
1) You didnt use the word about.
2) You say that the point of the controller breaking is moot because yours hasn't. That's what I was actually talking about.
__________________
BradTater
Georgia Southern Eagles - Join The Journey - Sun Belt 2014
"It's better to have died a young boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
tchs_drummer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:07 PM #52
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
man, trollin ya'll was fun and everything but it was hard work. I prefer the ps3 controller basically just because I like the joysticks a little better, but after spending like 30 min using either I get used to it and don't even notice.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:08 PM #53
MutR.
Shut up.
 
MutR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CDA
MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
1) You didnt use the word about.
2) You say that the point of the controller breaking is moot because yours hasn't. That's what I was actually talking about.
"..about 20 minutes" Im pretty sure i said that.

So, if mine hasnt died and is still fully functional, why cant i make that statement based on my experience? Are you telling me that my controller is somehow superior to the average ps3 controller? cause im pretty sure they all perform the exact same except for a few random faulty ones that die early. ive never heard of a faulty controller that actually lasts longer than average.
__________________
PAINTBALL RUINED MY LIFE

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:10 PM #54
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallBaller712 View Post
PCs suck dick and nerd up gaming
enjoy not playing red orchestra 2
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:16 PM #55
phuct
PSN: CASWELLHOUSE
 
phuct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: boston
 has been a member for 10 years
will do
__________________
CAZ
psn: caswellhouse

snatchin kisses whenever i can....... and vice versa
phuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 PM #56
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
enjoy not playing red orchestra 2
looks really overrated.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:31 PM #57
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
looks really overrated.
how?

Its the only FPS offering any kind of innovation and is completely open to the modding community
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:35 PM #58
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
how?

Its the only FPS offering any kind of innovation and is completely open to the modding community
I don't know, I watched the **** and read about it and it just didn't pique my interest at all. Sounds a lot like battlefield games and I don't like those at all.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:46 PM #59
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
you just prefer fast paced ball numbing mindless FPS games like COD over objective team-based shooters like red orchestra and BF
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:07 PM #60
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster
 
SmallBaller712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: West County Stl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
enjoy not playing red orchestra 2
besides the fact that I have a PC more than capable of playing RO2, I will still enjoy not playing it
__________________
Originally Posted by perfectpixie2005..."I'd suck to do alot of work to an Fbody."

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:11 PM #61
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
you just prefer fast paced ball numbing mindless FPS games like COD over objective team-based shooters like red orchestra and BF
no, I like SOCOM. You just like liking things that aren't popular.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:11 PM #62
xFortune (Banned)
Tremble little lion man
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
This thread made me lol
xFortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:41 PM #63
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
no, I like SOCOM. You just like liking things that aren't popular.
BF and RO1 are very popular...
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump