Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2011, 03:28 PM #22
General_Patton (Banned)
 
General_Patton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Sure it does. Don't troll me.
General_Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2011, 03:31 PM #23
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Patton View Post
Sure it does. Don't troll me.
like? Seriously, I used it for 6 weeks and did not notice a single feature where I said "wow, I wish PSN had that"....Am I blind? Retarded? What did I miss?
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:11 PM #24
General_Patton (Banned)
 
General_Patton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Personal preference. It's easier for me to navigate and use.
General_Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:57 AM #25
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster
 
SmallBaller712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: West County Stl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
no, its because all the xbox fags finally realized that their ****ty system was inferior so they switched to ps3 but had a bunch of xbox controllers already and didn't want to buy more ps3 controllers. The layout of an xbox controller is stupid as **** and not nearly as effective, not to mention the sticks are ****tier and the buttons suck and break very easily. The battery pack **** is gay as hell and poorly thought out(much like the system itself), and only queer fratbro's think its superior to the PS3 in any way.
but when you buy a ps3, it comes with a controller. therefor, you are wrong again

how are battery packs gay as ****? you can use rechargeable battery packs, rechargeable batteries, or AA batteries. Also, you can use the play and charge kit to make your controller wired if need be.

You must suck pretty bad and raging pretty hard if your buttons are breaking... I've never had a button break

they made 360 controller adapter for the ps3 because the 360 controller is better. the triggers are actual triggers, its easier to hold, and more comfortable to hold.
__________________
Originally Posted by perfectpixie2005..."I'd suck to do alot of work to an Fbody."

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:37 PM #26
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallBaller712 View Post
but when you buy a ps3, it comes with a controller. therefor, you are wrong again

how are battery packs gay as ****? you can use rechargeable battery packs, rechargeable batteries, or AA batteries. Also, you can use the play and charge kit to make your controller wired if need be.

You must suck pretty bad and raging pretty hard if your buttons are breaking... I've never had a button break

they made 360 controller adapter for the ps3 because the 360 controller is better.
the triggers are actual triggers, its easier to hold, and more comfortable to hold.
yea, it comes with ONE controller. Battery packs are ****ty and gay compared to a built in rechargeable battery just concede that point because it's true. Who cares if it has an actual trigger? You have to move it so far and its such a ****ty button that you can't shoot single fire guns as fast as you can with the ps3 controller. I'll buy an adapter to play with a ps3 controller on an xbox, buy an xbox, then destroy you on every game there is because it is a superior design.

http://www.360-hq.com/article-3104-thread-1-0.html

looks like they make it so you can use a ps3 controller on an xbox. You all are truly, truly dumb.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:41 PM #27
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2
 
tchs_drummer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
'Dey see me trooooollin
__________________
BradTater
Georgia Southern Eagles - Join The Journey - Sun Belt 2014
"It's better to have died a young boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
tchs_drummer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:01 PM #28
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster
 
SmallBaller712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: West County Stl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post

http://www.360-hq.com/article-3104-thread-1-0.html

looks like they make it so you can use a ps3 controller on an xbox. You all are truly, truly dumb.
thats for all the *******es who bought ps3s thinking they were the best then realized the 360 is better so they bought one, then had all those extra ps3 controllers laying around

im not sure where you're from, but in what world is a non replaceable, built in rechargeable better than having the option of a rechargeable pack, rechargeable AAs, or regular AAs? OOO thats right. So when your battery finally dies you have to tear your controller apart to replace it or buy a whole new controller. Thats why the ps3 controller is so much better. now I understand. thank you so much for pointing that out to me.
__________________
Originally Posted by perfectpixie2005..."I'd suck to do alot of work to an Fbody."

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:05 PM #29
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallBaller712 View Post
thats for all the *******es who bought ps3s thinking they were the best then realized the 360 is better so they bought one, then had all those extra ps3 controllers laying around

im not sure where you're from, but in what world is a non replaceable, built in rechargeable better than having the option of a rechargeable pack, rechargeable AAs, or regular AAs? OOO thats right. So when your battery finally dies you have to tear your controller apart to replace it or buy a whole new controller. Thats why the ps3 controller is so much better. now I understand. thank you so much for pointing that out to me.
pay 40+ dollars for controller, pay for batteries or battery pack. I have 2 original controllers from when I bought my ps3 3 years ago, still work great. If that's not better...In fact, the only batteries I know of that have died are 3 different battery packs for an xbox and now the controllers with them either have to be plugged in or you can only play for like 35 minutes. Hmmmmmm. Keep throwin your money at microsoft, just like gambling maybe they'll eventually make something worth owning.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:16 PM #30
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster
 
SmallBaller712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: West County Stl.
and i've got rechargeable packs from almost 4 years ago that I still use... People who dont have 360s like to bash on people who have 360s for every little thing they can think of... controllers, paid online gaming, graphics, etc. But at the end of the day, way more people play 360. Even you cant argue that. People pay to play online because it's better. Microsoft spends a lot of money to get the better games, to get the DLC released on 360 before PS, to have better features. They have to get that money back somehow...
__________________
Originally Posted by perfectpixie2005..."I'd suck to do alot of work to an Fbody."

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:38 PM #31
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallBaller712 View Post
and i've got rechargeable packs from almost 4 years ago that I still use... People who dont have 360s like to bash on people who have 360s for every little thing they can think of... controllers, paid online gaming, graphics, etc. But at the end of the day, way more people play 360. Even you cant argue that. People pay to play online because it's better. Microsoft spends a lot of money to get the better games, to get the DLC released on 360 before PS, to have better features. They have to get that money back somehow...
what better games? What better features? Cool, you get the DLC sooner, is that worth paying 60 dollars a year for?

And besides, this is strictly about the controllers and how much better the PS3 controller is.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:42 PM #32
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2
 
tchs_drummer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
what better games? What better features? Cool, you get the DLC sooner, is that worth paying 60 dollars a year for?

And besides, this is strictly about the controllers and how much better the PS3 controller is.
Live is available for $40 right through the console, actually. To be on topic, 360 controller>PS3 controller
__________________
BradTater
Georgia Southern Eagles - Join The Journey - Sun Belt 2014
"It's better to have died a young boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
tchs_drummer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:44 PM #33
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
Live is available for $40 right through the console, actually. To be on topic, 360 controller>PS3 controller
in no way is the xbox controller better.
PS3 layout is better
Joysticks are better
Buttons are better
Comes with rechargeable battery

BTW, PSN is available for $0 right now and always through the console.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:51 PM #34
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2
 
tchs_drummer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
in no way is the xbox controller better.
PS3 layout is better
Joysticks are better
Buttons are better
Comes with rechargeable battery

BTW, PSN is available for $0 right now and always through the console.
Controllers are subjective.

Online experience is not. If it weren't worth $40/yr, people wouldn't pay it.
__________________
BradTater
Georgia Southern Eagles - Join The Journey - Sun Belt 2014
"It's better to have died a young boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
tchs_drummer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:53 PM #35
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
Controllers are subjective.

Online experience is not. If it weren't worth $40/yr, people wouldn't pay it.
playing online itself is worth 40 dollars to people, there's no features on xbox live worth paying for that PSN doesn't have.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:56 PM #36
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster
 
SmallBaller712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: West County Stl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
in no way is the xbox controller better.
PS3 layout is better
Joysticks are better
Buttons are better
Comes with rechargeable battery

BTW, PSN is available for $0 right now and always through the console.
layout is just something to get used to. in no way is any layout better than another.

how are the joysticks better? because they are convex rather than concave so they are harder to grip? yea, much better...

buttons are buttons. you push them. if 360 buttons are too hard for you to push, then start working out. Or are you still learning your shapes in kindergarten and not gotten to letters yet?

you already lost the battery argument. just give that up already a nonreplaceable rechargeable battery is in no way better than being able to use rechargeable packs, rechargeable AAs, regular AAs, or wired.
__________________
Originally Posted by perfectpixie2005..."I'd suck to do alot of work to an Fbody."

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:59 PM #37
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallBaller712 View Post
layout is just something to get used to. in no way is any layout better than another.

how are the joysticks better? because they are convex rather than concave so they are harder to grip? yea, much better...

buttons are buttons. you push them. if 360 buttons are too hard for you to push, then start working out. Or are you still learning your shapes in kindergarten and not gotten to letters yet?

you already lost the battery argument. just give that up already a nonreplaceable rechargeable battery is in no way better than being able to use rechargeable packs, rechargeable AAs, regular AAs, or wired.

No, PS3 sticks are better because they move far more fluidly and feel much more responsive along with being better physically designed as well. The buttons on xbox controllers have a real cheap and knock-off feel to them, but I guess the entire 360 is built with the same principle.
you can use wired on a ps3 too. And if you are actually going to try to argue that a POS battery pack>built in rechargeable I may as well just start banging my head against the wall. You know why you never see battery packs like that in high end electronics? Because they are cheap, tacky, and outdated.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:14 PM #38
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster
 
SmallBaller712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: West County Stl.
you just keep spewing opinion after opinion without any valid argument. they "feel much more responsive" ... to other people, the 360 joysticks feel more responsive. You still havent said why a non-replaceable built in rechargeable battery is better. You just keep saying it is... They are both just as good power wise. The only difference is, and what makes the 360 controller better is, is that you can remove the rechargeable battery and use AAs, or even rechargeable AAs if for some reason the rechargeable pack died
__________________
Originally Posted by perfectpixie2005..."I'd suck to do alot of work to an Fbody."

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:21 PM #39
MutR.
Shut up.
 
MutR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CDA
MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i agree with everything that madgoat is saying

and so does MLG (they switched to ps3 this year)
and so does the lead xbox guy at IGN
http://www.ign.com/blogs/Hil-IGN/201...itched-to-ps3/

Quote:
Why I Switched to PS3
December 30, 2010

I was hired at IGN to work on the original Xbox channel and eventually ended up running the Xbox 360 channel for a few years before becoming Big Chief. About half my time at IGN has been completely focused on Xbox. I’m the Xbox guy.

But that’s changed.

I’ve abandoned Xbox 360 as my console of choice and taken my gaming allegiance to PlayStation 3. That’s not to say I won’t play games on Xbox 360 in the future — Forza is superior to Gran Turismo 5, Halo is better than any first-person shooter on PS3, etc. I’m not a fanboy. I really have never cared which system won the console wars. I still don’t. I just want to play great games and eyeing next year’s release list, far more good exclusive games are coming to PS3.

Yes, I know, there will be some unannounced Xbox exclusives on the horizon, but Microsoft has made several decisions over the past few years that suggest there’s far less interest in being the sole home for any third-party game. And with Microsoft axing so many of its studios (and letting others like Bungie go) the first-party offerings are slimming down. Since Kinect is going to continue to divide Microsoft’s attention (far more, it seems, than Sony’s Move), there will be fewer and fewer games I want to play that can only be played on Xbox 360.

What’s this really mean for me as a gamer? As long as the quality of the game is equal on both systems, I’ll be playing it on PS3 rather than Xbox 360. And I’m doing a lot of catch-up with some past PS3 games. It’s like diving into a treasure trove of unknown wonders. Lots of games to play and lots of new people to meet (peeps are much friendlier on PSN so far).

If you’re a real gamer, you own both systems anyway, but probably lean towards one over the other. I’d recommend making the same switch I’m making — at least try it for a few months. If you’re a PS3 fanboy, switch to Xbox 360 for a while and vice versa. Despite having played games on PS3 in the past, coming full over is like getting a new toy. Gaming is a little more exciting for me right now, because so many things seem new.

I’ve learned a few things in my two weeks as a PS3 convert:

Trophies are Fun

I don’t care much for Achievements (in fact, I turned off notifications a year ago). And I’m not about to switch my stance with Trophies. Playing a game that sucks just for some accolades is lame. It’s a waste of time and it benefits bad developers. If a game sucks, I’m not playing it to get Trophies or Achievements. I also won’t waste time doing things I don’t enjoy in a good game just for a little reward. There are too many games to play to waste my time.

But what I love about Trophies, something Achievements don’t provide, is the leveling system. That fits me as a gamer perfectly. I’m the dude who painstaking searches every room in a game to find all the items and max out my character’s upgrades. And Trophies feel like that. You get Trophies, you earn points, you level up. That level is far more satisfying than the score tally from Achievements. And the fact that there are four types of Trophies (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum) is very smart and feels more rewarding than 360′s random set of point values.

The Quality Bar is Tipping
Siding with the PS3 in its early days was just foolish. So many third-party games ran terribly on PS3. With a few exceptions (Bayonetta!!!), PS3 and X360 are almost always equals. And more and more developers I speak with have begun to favor PS3. The old barriers of “too tough to develop for” have crumbled. You really want to play the game on the version a developer prefers, because that’s the one where it will shine.

Xbox Live Arcade gets a lot of pub, but PSN has been putting out better and more original games for the past two years. No one seems to want to admit to it. Yes, Microsoft gets a few great ones like ‘Splosion Man and Shadow Complex, but as I have begun downloading PSN games, I’ve finding some true marvels. Shatter is better than 95% of what is on XBLA. And Trophies work much better for downloadable games than Achievements. Do you work harder for anything in gaming than the measly 200 points offered by XBLA games?

PlayStation Plus
It costs $60 for an Xbox Live Gold account. The benefits are, pretty much, being allowed to play games online. PS3 gives that for free. While PS3′s online past is horrendous, it’s gotten much better these days and most games on the free service are on par with XBL-enabled titles.

The real winner for gamers is PlayStation Plus. For $50 a year, you get a bunch of promotional deals. It’s like buying a gamer’s version of a Costco membership. You get all kinds of discounts (great if you buy a lot of downloadable games) and free games. Yes — FREE games. I downloaded all five episodes of a season of Sam & Max. Something I wouldn’t ever pay for, but free for PlayStation Plus members. There are tons of great deals on the store and in two weeks, the membership has almost already paid out.

This Doesn’t Affect IGN
Sorry, had to throw this in. I want to be clear that this is just my personal gaming preference and not a reflection on how IGN covers games. We’ll continue to offer the same level of in-depth coverage for PS3 and Xbox 360 games as we always have. None of that changes.

——————

I’m not abandoning Xbox 360. I will keep playing exclusives on Xbox, but most of my time will be spent on PS3. I’m just about to hit Level 7, which is pathetic compared to the folks who’ve been PS3 dedicated since the Trophy system launched a few years back. But I’ll improve — especially since most debug PS3 games allow you to use your retail profile to earn Trophies and transfer saves (something Xbox 360 doesn’t allow). I can’t tell you how many hundreds of hours of play time have been lost because my debug review code saves are worthless once a game hits store shelves.

2010 is almost dead and the New Year holds great potential for games. More so, right now, for PS3 than for Xbox 360. Worry not, Forza 4 and next Halo game, I’ll be there for you. But only as a brief vacation from my new home (not Home — yech), PlayStation 3.
__________________
PAINTBALL RUINED MY LIFE

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:30 PM #40
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
i say **** both of these weak pieces of hardware
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:31 PM #41
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Barch View Post
really? because I have huge *** hands and fat fingers and I prefer my ps3 controller more than my 360...
hahahahahahhaa

you have fat fingers
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:33 PM #42
MutR.
Shut up.
 
MutR.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CDA
MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
why do you insist on trolling every console thread with your pc nonsense?

and do you still play paintball?
__________________
PAINTBALL RUINED MY LIFE

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump