Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-10-2011, 09:14 PM #64
Thespis

Actually, Buckshot has not responded to my PM yet, so there is nothing official. I asked your opinion Cliff, I didn't say thats what we are doing (although I am leaning that way).
Thespis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2011, 10:39 PM #65
Gremulatron
Gremlin

If it comes to it, I'll be Bleen. Just make sure I have someone to shoot at and I'm good.

Sponsored by:
Bob Long Technologies//Ninja Paintball
Gremulatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:04 AM #66
Discipline Lords
Cliff

Discipline Lords supports Sherwood Forest
Sorry could not help myself the name sounded cool.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:25 AM #67
Thespis

Risk VII- END GAME
At the end of last year, our world was dominated by RED. They have maintained their board position and now threaten to completely take over the world. In an effort to thwart the RED domination, the BLUE and GREEN warriors will join forces in a last ditch effort to keep multiple colors in the world. To this end, the BLUE and GREEN warriors will maintain their individual colors, but they will stage out of the same base and accumulate shared points without the alliance penalty. All 3 bases will still be available for the 2 sides to choose from. Technological advances in communications will now allow for full communication with the Moon. However, recent studies have shown that wounds received on the Moon are 100% fatal over time. Therefore, there will be no medics on the Moon. Otherwise, our world is the same as it was last year.
Thespis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 AM #68
Discipline Lords
Cliff

This is going to be an awesome game. The paint is straight and true. The players on all sides are some of the best people in this sport who could ask for more.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:16 AM #69
Discipline Lords
Cliff

We would like to thank everyone who came out to make this game awesome.
Thank you Payroll for giving up some of you recruited players to make the game even, and thanks to the players that changed sides.
We would like to thank Tim and the Rats for putting on a good game.
Sweeper we hope you get better soon get lots of rest because you are going to need it for April 2.
there are too many team and individual players to mention by name and i suck at typing. Thanks again and hope to see you all soon.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:59 PM #70
Gremulatron
Gremlin

So I saw there was a photographer out there for at least part of the day. Where should we look for pictures to be posted?

Sponsored by:
Bob Long Technologies//Ninja Paintball
Gremulatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:39 PM #71
Discipline Lords
Cliff

That would be Gather From Gather photography.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:45 PM #72
QUAGS

the air situation was totally unacceptable, for a field that has been in business for 20 years, what field does not own it's own fill stations?? for 3000and 4500 tanks??, and needs to rent a fill station??, and then charge every player $10 for air?? somebody made a killing off the players for air what a 150 players $1500.00 collected and at times were only filling 2000, thirty minutes of play, and a long walk back for substandad air fills, this is strike two on this field, and I dont think we will be back for strike 3, here is a tip forget about lights, and buy some fill stations, and new compressors, like Fort Knox did
Old 03-23-2011, 06:05 PM #73
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUAGS View Post
the air situation was totally unacceptable, for a field that has been in business for 20 years, what field does not own it's own fill stations?? for 3000and 4500 tanks??, and needs to rent a fill station??, and then charge every player $10 for air?? somebody made a killing off the players for air what a 150 players $1500.00 collected and at times were only filling 2000, thirty minutes of play, and a long walk back for substandad air fills, this is strike two on this field, and I dont think we will be back for strike 3, here is a tip forget about lights, and buy some fill stations, and new compressors, like Fort Knox did
The air situation is taken care of. Normally I'm up at their events handling air for them. My system is large enough that we ran Living Legends 3 AND the NPPL tournament simultaneously. I take great pride in my air services and work hard to provide 4500 PSI fills consistently. Ask anyone who regularly attends the Sherwood events about it.

I was on the phone with Joe when he had his air troubles. If I could have been up there to take care of it, I would have.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:28 PM #74
QUAGS

nobody is claiming that YOUR services are inferior, when I played there, and your air. and services were retained, I had NO quality of air issue, but YOU were not there, and neither was your AIR, so that becomes a Field quality issue, and when you are charged $10 for air, you should have the right to expect air fills to 3000, and 4500 not 2000, and always, I understand if a event is taxing the fields compressor, and at times can only get 3000 is fine

2000 is unacceptable, if Sherwood was not going to secure your services for a event, due to your being unavailible, then they need to post on there game that you are not availible, and they will do there best, and drop the air fee

But how does this owner make it right bring in your tag from the game, and you can have 3 free air fills( this is what I remember, I could be wrong) the next 3 times you visit his field, I live 2 hours away do you really think, I am going to drive 2 hrs for free air???

he should have given every player a free pass for a day, when you pay for something you have a right to get what you paid for this was like buying a Cadillac, and when you go to pick it up they give you the keys to a Yugo.

The first time was inferior paint, and the solution there was will give you $10 off the next years paint, well that was great but I bought 3 cases that year, and still only $10, if you charge premium prices you better have premium products, and services,
Old 03-24-2011, 04:54 PM #75
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
No problem, you'd posted the same complaint in another thread, and warned people air issues in a third thread, so I thought it was important to let you know that the issue was being resolved.

Joe's a great guy and he does everything in his ability to put on great events. I encourage you to give him a call and talk to him about your concerns.

You mentioned the inferior paint at a previous event. How did the paint from this Risk game shoot? Knowing Joe, and the gang over at ProCaps, they worked hard to make sure the paint shot well. That's no small feat with Indiana weather changing from one day to the next.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:29 PM #76
QUAGS

sent him a email he never responded, the paint at this event was a a great quality DXS paint, no complaints, the paint issue was from 2009, we skipped 2010 due to we had players buy multiple cases in 2009, and felt that a $10 credit was not acceptable when they charged $80 a case in 2009, and basically in 2009 we threw away a lot of paint, and left, I fought to get my team out to the 2011 Risk event saying we should give them a second chance.

people might think, I am nit picking, but I have played at many midwest fields, and have never exsperienced the problems we have had at this venue,

my case is point is Fort Knox at the end of 2009 they had a event (large), and had a air issue only filling 3000, he got up on stage, and aplogized to the players, and vowed that in the offseason he would address the issue, and correct it, we played in his first event in 2010 4500 fills all day long, this is a field owner who has not only earned my respect, but my business, he made a promise, and kept it, and has responded, to every email I have every sent him, good or bad

Joe may be a "good guy" but he needs to address not only customer praises, but complaints, by not responding to my email, he said we do not care about your teams business, and the 15 players who I bought to his field for that event, and generated a gross income in excess of well over $1000 for the people putting on this event

Joe needs to learn, that as a business owner, that he needs to address complaints not ignore them, that is why I posted it in different areas of PB Nation, shame on Joe for ignoring a customer complaint, and not responding to my private email
Old 03-24-2011, 05:37 PM #77
QUAGS

I do appreciate your interest, Joe is fortunate to have a friend like you
Old 03-26-2011, 12:52 PM #78
Millslane

Millslane supports Sherwood Forest
Quags,

I have been at every Risk game except for the 1st one and at almost every Sherwood Scenario game since 2005.

I too was disappointed in the air situation at Risk 2011. I didn't even expect that that happen. Sherwood hasn't had a bad air day in several years because TargetIndy has always been there. There where about twice the numbers that Joe thought would be there apparently. He thought his system could handle it but I, like you we was there had to find out the unfortunate way that it could not.

The Paint at the Risk event has been a issue dating back several games. 2011 the paint was awesome. Previous years, not so much. Why? I don't know. I also don't ever remember paying $80 for a case of paint at Sherwood. Risk has always been $70 from what I remember. But I will have to say this about the paint, we never shot the same paint twice at the past Risk events. We've shot everything from winter blends to regular paints and different brands. While past Risk events might have had bad paint, we should realize that they at least tried different paints, to get good paint but never was able to for some reason unknown to most of us. If Joe had kept buying the same crap paint over and over, that would be real cause to be upset and I would be the first person saying so. Nobody likes bad paint, it quickly ruins an event.

I hope you guys can come back out again. I've been playing Fort Knox since their first "big games", I enjoy that field too and remember the days of poor air fills and seeing Dave correct it.

While the Risk 2011 air was a disaster, please realize that Joe has also lowered his prices to the 3-4 26 hour Scenario games Sherwood will host. Sherwood's price have been trimmed from $45 early bid entry, $15 for air and $65 for paint down to $55 early bird entry which includes air and $45 for pre registered paint or $55 for paint at the event. Not many fields cut their prices recently.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:20 PM #79
lefty77

lefty77 supports Sherwood Forest
I understand your issuse with the air at sherwood but we all know that things do happen....They work and tired there hardest to fix the issuse but had many problems with the compressor.....
Joe has always tired to make each game the best for very one that comes out to his field. He has made on of the best playing fields around...No i am not putting down Fort Know(i do like that field to)....But i do have to stand behind Joe and Sherwood forset I been playing there for a few years now and Joe and the rest of the people put there has always put a good event on and made sure it was good for everyone. Even though there are things that happen no matter what you do, things do go wrong and i have the up most repect for Joe and the field for doing everything they can do to make things right..... QUAGS i do hope you come back out and give it another try you will be impressed.. Again Sorry about the air issuse but trust me come bacl out and try it again........
lefty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:07 AM #80
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
dager supports Sherwood Forest
Joe not responding to emails isn't something personal. he rarely returns any emails even to close friends. Its just not his medium for communication. I do recommend you give the field a call he is very easy to talk to.

As for the air situation it was one of those perfect storm situations. It started with the rented extra bulk tanks being delivered and only filled to 3000psi. Being behind on pressure put an extra work load on the booster which in turn failed. Tack on his maintenance guy (myself) was out of state on vacation so he had no one to fix the booster when it did fail from the over load.

In normal situations the setup would have easily handled the numbers for risk. Even with the ability to handle the load under normal conditions, Sherwood usually secures the services of Paintball Indiana so that the players don't have any issues with air.

Its amazing how much trouble one little $.49 o-ring can cause when it jams open a check valve. Hopefully you can contact Joe and talk about the situation. I hate to see players turned away from a great field because of one bad experience.

-Duff

Team ESP
dager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM #81
rbruntzjr

rbruntzjr supports Sherwood Forest
Stuff happens, but what no one has seem to mention is the credit for that day. It was announced by Joe after the game. Anyone returning to the field for the next two big games will get a $7.50 credit for each game. Quags, thats $5 more than you paid for the air at Risk. Just bring your Risk card with you to the next two games and you will be credited at each game. Can't get any better than that.

Last edited by rbruntzjr : 03-29-2011 at 12:29 PM.
rbruntzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:35 AM #82
QUAGS

My apoligies for not returning to this thread earlier to respond to the comments, I appreciate the loyality you all show for "Joe" and Sherwood Forest, but in the end as a business owner, you must learn to master all forms of "communication" if my seventy plus years of age father can learn so can "joe", or he can find someone to write emails for him,

in the end I am 99% we will not be patronizing this fields events anymore, there are too many issue free venues that have quality events to travel to, then travel to Sherwood, and deal with "issues"

like I said I appreciate the loyality that you all show this field, and have no issues with players that represent this field, I have never met, or had a bad exsperience with any players on or off the field at sherwood, all quality players

But if "joe" wants my Team business he knows where he can find me, and as far as a "credit" this is the only field that I have ever played that keeps having to offer "credits after a event??????
Old 07-23-2011, 09:07 AM #83
Discipline Lords
Cliff

I am sorry to hear that your team will not play any more games at Sherwood. You do have a point. But i would also like to add that at least Joe will give a credit were some fields wont
Old 07-24-2011, 08:13 PM #84
lefty77

lefty77 supports Sherwood Forest
I been play for awhile now and been to different events where they had problems and Joe is the only one who i have see offer a credit to anyone who played. More than what i seen from other owners out there. Also i been to sherwood for very big game this year and there has been add bunks building and trails each time out there. Pus i ref and go out offened and every week something is changing or adding to the field. My question to you Quads is WHO ELSE that has a paintball field does that very week for every event??? And another request i have for you Quads is have you had a issue at Sherwood that was a Sherwood event? Or have you only been there for a Risk event? I am not putting do that event or the people that put it on but i am say Sherwood Team pulls out all the stops for there events... Come back and try it out at the Oct game i think you will see a side of Sherwood you wont get at a Risk game....
lefty77 is offline   Reply With Quote