PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-24-2010, 05:43 PM #1
239baller
robinhood was a thief

forigen exchange market- my experence

So I have started trading the FX market and been doing quite well with it.

This thread is going to detail and document my successes and hopefully not my failures.

I would also like to know if there are any other forex investors on PBnation and see what there success has looked like.

this is a link to my newest demo account that i opened up this past Monday and have already raised over 250 dollars in profit. with about 3 hours a day devoted to trading. *disclaimer* I did not trade too much on Monday because of other engagements that took my time so i have only spent maybe 6 hours of trading on this account total.

ACCOUNT SUMMARY
Beginning Balance 0.00
Comm Trading Commission 0.00
Rollover Rollover Fee 9.60
PnL Profit/Loss of Trade 268.68
Depos Deposit 5,000.00
Withd Withdrawal 0.00
Option Options Payout 0.00
Comm Options Commission 0.00
AdminFee Administrative Fee 0.00
MngFee Management Fee 0.00
PerfFee Performance Fee 0.00
Void Deposit Rollback 0.00
ASPComm ASP Commission 0.00
MargInterest Interest on Usable Margin 0.00
Ending Balance 5,278.28
Floating P/L 0.00
Equity 5,278.28
Necessary Margin 0.00
Usable Margin 5,278.28

hope to hear from other traders or to see others get into this market and start to see the opportunity like I am

"Originally posted by Nerobellum: it sounded like an angry chainsaw covered in rust and syphilis. "

Last edited by 239baller : 11-24-2010 at 05:45 PM.
239baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2010, 07:44 PM #2
pb3190

has been a member for 10 years
I have been trading in a demo account off and on for a few months, I would like to give it a go with a small funded account in a few weeks.

Where have you been for you demo account?
pb3190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:25 AM #3
239baller
robinhood was a thief

i use FXCM and i get my charts from fxdd meta trader.

"Originally posted by Nerobellum: it sounded like an angry chainsaw covered in rust and syphilis. "
Old 12-29-2010, 12:22 PM #4
Thrill.Ride07

short the swiss franc!
Thrill.Ride07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:44 AM #5
239baller
robinhood was a thief

im normally on the
eur/usd
gbd/eur
gbd/jpy
and usd/jpy

once i get a computer that will put out 4 or 8 screens ill think about adding more pairs to my trading, but everything in this market correlates so it is not a big concern of mine at the moment.

and i think the fewer pairs you have to pick from the better, gives you more time to analyze the trades.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM #6
Digits
A-Train

you're going to get spanked when you put real money in.

I used to news trade back in the day (2-3 years ago) I put in 2K by the time all was said and done I had about 20K (and that's after investing with another trader who lost 50% of a 10K account).. Took about a year and bit to get there. I'll still never forget the day I made 5K in just a few minutes. I think it was Canadian Retail Sales number, had a 5K account with 200:1 leverage and maxed it out, made 100% in just a few minutes after the number was released. News trading was the best experience ever, so hard to loose money if you do it properly but alas all good things come to an end, and the brokers started raising spreads, picking and choosing which trades they would fill so it sort of died. I think there are a lot of people that still do it with some success but it's not as good as it used to be. Google Dustin Pass if you want to know more about that, I used to use his service.

I don't trade much anymore though but I do still have about $1000 spread across a few accounts. Best advice I can give you is don't trade money you aren't willing to loose. It's really tough to make money in the Forex market.

And when you first put in real money and start trading live, go small. Just put in $250-$500 and consider it training because you're probably going to loose it.

I use Interbank btw, have been for a long time and love them. They do a contest (I think it's still going) where highest monthly gainer (%) get's like $500 or $1000 or something. I think you only have to have $250 in your account to participate too, it's tough cause it's sometimes in the 1000%'s but it's still a nice little perk if you're having a good month and get a few extra $$'s on top.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:31 PM #7
Thrill.Ride07

I'll never forget the day I made 4K in half hour.

I bought LVS went to take a shower and came out and it popped.

Sold and went to hugo boss store and balled out.

What a day.

That was when i was first starting so it was beauty. now my portfolio often times has day moves of +/- 5,000+
Thrill.Ride07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 PM #8
Superzeus
Living is the functionary

Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Get in on that Baht homie

OG FEEDBACK
Superzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 AM #9
239baller
robinhood was a thief

well i have money comeing in from the pell grant so if i loose the refund im getting (about 2300) i wont really care too much about it.