PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-20-2009, 03:37 AM #1
Grinder01
Just Another Heretic

Grinder01 is playing at Living Legends VII
ACP 2.0 woes.

so. my 2.0's blowback doesnt work anymore.

(for those uninformed, blowback uses the force of ejecting gas when firing, combined with a return action to recock the marker)

my home field's gun tech agrees with me, in that it is most definitely a problem with the 12g CO2 reciever/valve. normally this wouldnt be a big deal, just some o-rings and a new spring and all would be well...

but i cant get the valve assembly out, because the hex screw that holds it in from the bottom is fused in place and stripped out!! ive contacted Ariakon via email and phone, twice each, and they have failed to give me any response whatsoever.

if i can find an adapter for an impact driver i may try that, or possibly an extractor if there exists a drill bit small enough. last resort is EDM. does anyone know where i could get a replacement screw if i end up destroying it??
Grinder01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2009, 09:24 AM #2
Castro #66
Sniper Whisperer

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
You're sure it isn't the hammer oring, and that it doesn't need oil? There are some field techs who... well... shouldn't be.

Otherwise, if you're trying to remove the puncture cup, a long, fat screwdriver will do it.

Try pushing the valve pin by hand, or by tool. If the pin doesn't give way at all, then it's an issue there. Also, check the face of the pin valve to see if it's still round with one flat section. Recocking requires that flat section to be sufficiently open during the shot. If the pin has mushroomed at all, it may be causing trouble.

Otherwise, if the gun is firing up to chrono speed on the first shot without a recock, it's more likely the hammer. I have a hard time believing the valve itself has an issue.

Oh, last thing: try backing your velocity all the way out before test-firing. This will save you some air and may help fix the issue.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:03 PM #3
SKO_GONZO
S.K.O.

SKO_GONZO owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SKO_GONZO has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SKO_GONZO has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Or if your looking for a new Ariakon ACP 2.0 with two mags I would sell mine for $150.00 USD plus shipping. If your interested pm me. I never used it I bought a then bought a Tiberius arms. I have two tips a holster and 2 mags also have the original barrel plug.

Thanks to our sponsors: | Valken | SM Tactical | FOXHOLE Paintball store and field | M.N. P.I.R.O.D. | Quantico Tactical
SKO_GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:06 PM #4
rampantsanity
i can haz paintball?

rampantsanity has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
do not remove that screw.

there are no reasons to remove that part of the marker unless you are a FACTORY tech.

since none of those exist...

your striker o-ring should be replaced and lubed with a dow 33 compound.

http://www.flashpointpaintball.com

<sings style="fall out boy" title="this ain't a scene">
i am an arms dealer...
</sings>
rampantsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:30 PM #5
Ben.haK (Banned)
I'm fantastical

Just. Just break it down and rebuild it. Not that hard. Duh
Ben.haK is offline   Reply With Quote