Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-27-2010, 07:17 AM #1
slingshotted

mag holders for acp/overlord

anyone know of current gear that can hold xtra mags for both the acp and the overlord rx? i know rap4 has some but am looking for there sites/gear besides theirs. suggestions?
slingshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:50 PM #2
Winger CT
Mouthy Mimes X.O.

Yea, I struggled with this for a long time, too. Carrying the ACP 2 with 2 spare mags in leg holster just never worked well for me. Too heavy.

Eventually, I settled on using a basic holster just for the ACP, (something like this), then keeping 2 spare mags in my left lower BDU pants cargo pocket. I made a couple of foam "holders" which work great to keep them in place.

Other mods are the lanyard for the 12gr plug, and the convex side mirror for peeking around corners...
Hope this helps...

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

Visit us on Facebook
and Visit some of our terrific Sponsors!

Last edited by Winger CT : 01-01-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Winger CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 AM #3
slingshotted

thx for the reply winger. imma gonna see if M4 mag holders work. if i can fit 2 mags in each holder them ill be golden. all the times ive played ive only used my gun holster when im tagged out and walkin back to the reload tables. the lanyard on the plug is an interesting idea. do you have spec on how this is done?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 PM #4
Winger CT
Mouthy Mimes X.O.

The M4 mag holders are worth a shot. Maybe some sort of foam "liner" like above can keep them from rattling around on the run? Even when it I'm not carrying it as a secondary, I personally find the holster handy because we often play in rough terrain, and having my hands free helps a lot sometimes.

As for the 12gram lanyard, here is a close up:

I had a buddy drill and tap the end of the plug with an 8/32 x 1/2" hole. Then I used an 8/32 x 3/4" RH machine screw, with some nuts and washers to provide space for the nylon cable clamp to spin freely.

Next, I removed the weaver rail from the underside of the barrel, and used the original screw to attach another cable clamp. For the lanyard, I stole a hair scungie elastic loop from my wife. (thanks, sweetie! )That, with a knot in the middle, helps to prevent snags, and is easy to replace if it breaks. Having it on a lanyard is a HUGE help because I was constantly dropping the dadgum thing in the leaves when changing the 12gr.

My last little tweak I use sometimes is a Trinity Recon barrel:

Ariakon uses Spider threads, IIRC, and I snagged this cool barrel used. teckpeebee talked about them a while back, although they are no longer made. The end is an aluminum "rain cover" that unscrews to reveal the porting underneath. The ported gases are directed back toward the shooter, making it noticably quieter, especially with a 12gr gas source. Its hardly a suppressor, but it helps a little bit and also adds a certain something.

Hope this helps. Update us on how the M4 mag approach works if you think of it.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

Visit us on Facebook
and Visit some of our terrific Sponsors!

Last edited by Winger CT : 01-04-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Winger CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:57 AM #5
slingshotted

the issue i have with mag holders are keeping them in place when im on the run. the M4 mag holders that i was looking at were a nice fit but they were kinda short. they fit like half the mag nicely but there was still have the mag sticking out and no way to secure them properly without modding them up. ill keep searching out ways to see what can be done and ask a few buddys for info.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:31 PM #6
Ben.haK (Banned)
I'm fantastical

Dude that's gangster as **** i want to be you
Ben.haK is offline   Reply With Quote