PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-24-2010, 01:14 AM #1
former 05'er
na

quick question

what happened to the real hk army? i been out the game for a year or two, or five, and i just found the new "hollywood hk" site and dear lord i dont know what it is. i see the limelight and a huge bus and all i can think is what happened to the ideals of the og hostile kids? please flame me, thanks
former 05'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2010, 01:25 AM #2
M!KE421
Bromike

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
M!KE421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:26 AM #3
Paintballsicko1
RuthlessPB

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Paintballsicko1 plays in the PSP
Paintballsicko1 is playing at Living Legends VII
Paintballsicko1 is Legendary
People got greedy. Everything has changed sense 06.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:04 PM #4
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
www.hkarmypb.com
Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 PM #5
SteveNabi_HK
YTINU HK

Annual Supporting Member
SteveNabi_HK works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by former 05'er View Post
what happened to the real hk army? i been out the game for a year or two, or five, and i just found the new "hollywood hk" site and dear lord i dont know what it is. i see the limelight and a huge bus and all i can think is what happened to the ideals of the og hostile kids? please flame me, thanks
We are all still here... HollywoodHK.com is used because that's what our team name changed to years back (you would know if you weren't out of the game for one..two...maybe five years.) HKArmy.com routes the same place and so does HKArmypb.com too

Our ideals are the same. It's not about greed. It's still about fun. We just figured there were two options: 1. we can all "grow up" like our parents have always told us and get "real jobs" or 2. we can try to keep paintball alive and grow the sport in various ways.

Obviously we chose paintball and we selected music to show the real world that paintball is legit and a sweet underground sport. Maybe some people like yourself would like to continue hearing "you play what?... pinball?" Well we are tired of that and we are trying to help improve it. Hence, our new videos and making cool clothes that someone could be proud to rep.

We for one would like to see paintball be sweet and thrive like the old days. Maybe we can be criticized for certain things, but in the end, we feel HK Army has turned into a lifestyle brand. Paintball is our life, what's wrong with making it cool to outsiders.

Ask anyone that hangs with us, even the boys from all the crash at the coast clinics, if you're apart of HK Army then you rock with us side by side. The foundation of HK Army will never change.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Instagram/Twitter: @HKArmy @SteveHKArmy

SteveNabi_HK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:44 PM #6
Mark Kressin
HK4EVA

Mark Kressin works for a Paintball manufacturer
Well said! HHH!
Instagram.com/Markyhkarmy
Mark Kressin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:48 PM #7
perksgf15
Buy whats in my sig now

Quote:
Originally Posted by former 05'er View Post
Frank ily
perksgf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:01 PM #8
Sharpie_H8
Show. No. Love.

Sharpie_H8 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNabi_HK View Post
We are all still here... HollywoodHK.com is used because that's what our team name changed to years back (you would know if you weren't out of the game for one..two...maybe five years.) HKArmy.com routes the same place and so does HKArmypb.com too

Our ideals are the same. It's not about greed. It's still about fun. We just figured there were two options: 1. we can all "grow up" like our parents have always told us and get "real jobs" or 2. we can try to keep paintball alive and grow the sport in various ways.

Obviously we chose paintball and we selected music to show the real world that paintball is legit and a sweet underground sport. Maybe some people like yourself would like to continue hearing "you play what?... pinball?" Well we are tired of that and we are trying to help improve it. Hence, our new videos and making cool clothes that someone could be proud to rep.

We for one would like to see paintball be sweet and thrive like the old days. Maybe we can be criticized for certain things, but in the end, we feel HK Army has turned into a lifestyle brand. Paintball is our life, what's wrong with making it cool to outsiders.

Ask anyone that hangs with us, even the boys from all the crash at the coast clinics, if you're apart of HK Army then you rock with us side by side. The foundation of HK Army will never change.

so you're saying because you travel the country and get drunk with bands, more people are gonna play paintball? come on...
Stuntin but never frontin, since 91.
Sharpie_H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:20 PM #9
NEIRONKIDS

HK was much better back in the day before it became all about making money, and all the dumb bubble gum crap stuff thier coming out with.
I Know that sounds bad but thats how I see it.
NEIRONKIDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:59 PM #10
SteveNabi_HK
YTINU HK

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie_H8 View Post
so you're saying because you travel the country and get drunk with bands, more people are gonna play paintball? come on...
hahaha wrong. That would be crazy to believe. Which is why no one expects to gain more paintball players from music. I think you might have misinterpreted what I wrote because that's definitely not our objective.

The goal is to try to make paintball cool in the eyes of the public... like skateboarding. So if you were to go out and tell someone that you play tournament paintball, you would receive props, rather than explain the whole deal.

Paintball is obviously not viewer friendly for a number of reasons. We know it does not work mainstream because it has failed repeatedly with leagues and on T.V. But that doesn't mean we can't market paintball as a popular underground sport.

Even Lane Wright admits PSP has been negative the past 5 years and recently said “The only reasonable option I see is to try to increase the appeal of our events to a greater number of people.” How is that going to happen when paintball is unknown and uncool to the outside world?

Maybe we are crazy, but we think it would be dope to get paintball the recognition it deserves.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 PM #11
Domc36-1

Domc36-1 donated to help Peyton Trent
Domc36-1 plays in the APPA D5 division
Domc36-1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Domc36-1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think skateboarding is pretty lame.
Domc36-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:23 PM #12
P8ntBllFrEaK123

Quote:

:/ Surfing and Skateboarding got lame because of exactly this. Now our beaches/parks are filled with kooks and "bros" that all think they are tough ****. The reason why quiksilver will always be the top seller because you can buy anyone of their tshirts from a place like pac sun in dalla, texas....thats not even a surf shop but they are "socal life" clothes. However, I doubt paintball will ever become a "cool" thing to rep, kind of like wakeboarding. But ****, I wish surfing wasn't mainstream and hip, kind of like when it was its own little core. Now we got soft tops and SUP'ers ****ing crowding the lineups with no respect. /rant

The moral: Just be very careful what you wish for, before you lose sight of what is core.

Last edited by P8ntBllFrEaK123 : 01-15-2011 at 02:26 PM.
P8ntBllFrEaK123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:33 PM #13
Sharpie_H8
Show. No. Love.

Sharpie_H8 plays in the PSP
Quote:
hahaha wrong. That would be crazy to believe. Which is why no one expects to gain more paintball players from music. I think you might have misinterpreted what I wrote because that's definitely not our objective.

The goal is to try to make paintball cool in the eyes of the public... like skateboarding. So if you were to go out and tell someone that you play tournament paintball, you would receive props, rather than explain the whole deal.

Paintball is obviously not viewer friendly for a number of reasons. We know it does not work mainstream because it has failed repeatedly with leagues and on T.V. But that doesn't mean we can't market paintball as a popular underground sport.

Even Lane Wright admits PSP has been negative the past 5 years and recently said “The only reasonable option I see is to try to increase the appeal of our events to a greater number of people.” How is that going to happen when paintball is unknown and uncool to the outside world?

Maybe we are crazy, but we think it would be dope to get paintball the recognition it deserves.
well if you dont travel the country and get drunk with bands (which by the way, is what it seems like in EVERY video HK has released lately), then what are you doing? What you said in this quote is all well and good, and most of it is correct, but you havent shown what you're doing to fix it. Music and paintball really dont have much to do with each other. Breal from the stoned assassins did a better job linking paintball to music. and his music is/was primarily about being blown most of the time.

also, you have contradicted yourself to an extreme level. you want to make it cool to outsiders? what good does that do if they're not spending money in the sport? sure people could possibly like the sport, but just because you like the sport doesnt mean its gonna survive. so instead of catering to those that have nothing to do with the sport you supposedly love, why not cater to those who help support it?
Stuntin but never frontin, since 91.

Last edited by Sharpie_H8 : 01-15-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Sharpie_H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:48 PM #14
Tacobueno V<3 (Banned)
IMADUCKIMADUCKIMADUCK

Tacobueno V<3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Ran. Out. Of. ****ing. Batteries.

Havnt heard the words...Lords or Trose Krew in quit awhile
Tacobueno V<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:09 PM #15
RIP CLo yerp (Banned)
Have You Seen Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacobueno V<3 View Post
Havnt heard the words...Lords or Trose Krew in quit awhile
lords or trose krew
RIP CLo yerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:36 AM #16
iiPistoLa
ΠΚΦ

Lordssssssssss
iiPistoLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:53 AM #17
omally jones

omally jones is BST Legit
omally jones is Legendary
Quote:

It seems like I maybe the only one who agrees with you here. Everything I have seen from Hk is attempting glorifying a lifestyle, a lifestyle that most people want. Now I've been around the sport for the past 8 years and have yet to see anyone or any company do this much for paintballs image. Someone has finally shown paintball players aren't all dweebs.

Now HK has become more than just paintball, and thats what our sport needs in a company. Other people that don't pick up a gun can relate now. I have faith in what all the HK guys are doing,and I rep HK as much as I can and in my own way. And honestly its working. Friends of mine who don't even play rep it now because of what it has become.
omally jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:25 PM #18
aj4455
•Ruthless Ware V.P.•

aj4455 is a Paintball photographer
aj4455 is playing at Living Legends VII
aj4455 is an NCPA player
aj4455 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Here's my 2 cents.

No I haven't been here from the start but I got into HK, Hostile Kids a while ago (not the HHHH stuff, seriously Mark what the hell does that even mean? Just HHHHHOSTILEEEEEEEE!?).

I remember when I ordered something from HK or PBFashion and got hooked up, lots of stickers, etc. I ordered a shirt from PBFashion a few months ago and got a BShort flyer and a crash at the coast flyer, nothing else...never ordering from there again. I can't say anything about HK but I hope they are still hooking everyone up but at cup they were selling their stickers.

Less than two years ago I saw the HK bus at Warped Tour, I didn't see any HK merchandise and nothing about paintball, but there was a booth a local field set up who did more to support paintball than HK had.

I've watched the new HK videos with Far East Movement, etc. where is paintball in this?
I see HK merchandise, but nothing about paintball.

There was a time where if you got an HK headband you were one of few and respected for it; Now you see every wanna-be with a purple longsleeve and pink HK headband and think what the ****?

HK has brought the music industry into paintball, kids look like they are going to pop a roll and head to a rave at fields today.
aj4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:38 PM #19
Tacobueno V<3 (Banned)
IMADUCKIMADUCKIMADUCK

Tacobueno V<3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiPistoLa View Post
Lordssssssssss
Tacobueno V<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:22 PM #20
SteveNabi_HK
YTINU HK

Annual Supporting Member
My responses are highlighted in red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie_H8 View Post
well if you dont travel the country and get drunk with bands (First off, your implying we've denied drinking/partying with the bands. That's not the case. We party all the time when we are done with our work day, on or off the bus and with whoever is around us.)(which by the way, is what it seems like in EVERY video HK has released lately)(Are you the video police? Paintball videos tend to have the same boring format and we've chosen to add our own flair to the videos and show our lifestyle. Same with the videos for music. We like having fun and partying.), then what are you doing? (Promoting our clothing line. What does it look like we are doing? They are fun videos with product placement. Simple business concept that has been utilized for ages.)What you said in this quote is all well and good, and most of it is correct(Most of it? or all of what I said is correct and it's an exact quote from Lane.), but you havent shown what you're doing to fix it.(Are we the presidents of the Paintball community that we should be declaring our platform and plan for restoration of the sport?... We are simply saying in everything we do, we inform people about our roots in paintball. You'd be surprised how much this has helped earn respect for fellow paintball players. People that start viewing the music videos we've made, now start looking at the paintball videos we have also made because it's all on the same YouTube channel and on the website. Now they see that it's actually a fast-paced, exciting game that is just as cool as other various alternative sports.) Music and paintball really dont have much to do with each other. (Music coincides/compliments anything and everything we do in life... I'm confused as to how you perceive them as conflicting.)Breal from the stoned assassins did a better job linking paintball to music.(How so? By wearing a blue JT hat in a rap video? That did tremendous leaps and bounds for Paintball...) and his music is/was primarily about being blown most of the time.

also, you have contradicted yourself to an extreme level. you want to make it cool to outsiders? (Yes. Now you're catching on.) what good does that do if they're not spending money in the sport? (Did you miss my entire point of the last response?... It's not about selling outsiders on playing paintball, nor is it about getting them to purchase paintball equipment. It's about awareness and gaining the sport respect and recognition. We want people to diverge from their concept that paintball is just a bunch of people in camouflage, crawling around in bushes, throwing paint at one another.) sure people could possibly like the sport, but just because you like the sport doesnt mean its gonna survive. (Paintball is currently fine on its own and has no problem with "Surviving." The topic at hand is the perception of the sport. That's what we aim to help alter.) so instead of catering to those that have nothing to do with the sport you supposedly love, why not cater to those who help support it?(Hmmm... by "Catering to those that support paintball" do you mean we should do more than offer sponsorships to tournament teams? Or maybe how we consistently offer promotional deals online? Or maybe how in our paintball videos we display all divisional players and not just pros? Or maybe how we host paintball clinics in cool cities for kids to learn more about the sport and have fun, all while making zero profit? Or maybe how we offer FREE tickets to concerts for our HK Army street team members? Or maybe how we give street team members free stickers and gear? Or maybe how we also hook up street team members with meeting their favorite bands? Or maybe how we give discounts and/or free gear to fellow paintball players when they approach our booth at music events? Or maybe how we encourage any HK supporters to hang out with us at any event and join us in our fun?...)

Old 01-17-2011, 03:25 PM #21
SteveNabi_HK
YTINU HK

Annual Supporting Member
Lords