ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-05-2013, 10:18 AM #1051
djoapplejuice

djoapplejuice plays in the MiLP
djoapplejuice owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
djoapplejuice plays in the APPA D5 division
djoapplejuice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Let's make a team

It kinda sucks for us paintball players in this neck of the woods because our only field is currently out of operation. Iv been to Dothan Survival Games its not too far and a good field but still far enough that its not really a one day thing. I'm putting a shout out to anybody in our area that is interested in making a team or if there are any teams looking for players please let me know. I hope our field comes back into service soon
djoapplejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2013, 07:57 PM #1052
Feloniousnick

Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D5 division
Panama City, PC Katana thread, they have a good team and squads. Best Paintball around this area
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:06 AM #1053
djoapplejuice

djoapplejuice plays in the MiLP
djoapplejuice owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
djoapplejuice plays in the APPA D5 division
djoapplejuice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Awesome thanks!
djoapplejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:28 PM #1054
Zorris2
God is my Strength

Zorris2 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Zorris2 plays in the APPA D4 division
any word on when this is gonna be opening back up?

I have peace because I know this > Jeremiah 29:11
Zorris2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:33 PM #1055
Mayhem_PB

Mayhem_PB supports Empire
Has anyone heard anything recently about when/if a new field will be opening any time soon? I spoke with the marketing director for Hurlburt a while back and she said they're still looking for land and base leadership is being supportive of it. Just wanted to see if anyone had any more information.
Mayhem_PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:01 PM #1056
youngster

youngster is a founding member
youngster owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
youngster is an NCPA player
youngster has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hurlburt is dead man. Their facebook page disappeared over two months ago. They got screwed out of land by Eglin range control , people complained but nothng ever surfaced. As far as I can see, we're all **** out of luck for NW FL for close pb fields.

Route Clearance
youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:08 PM #1057
Mayhem_PB

Damn, that sucks. Maybe the possibility of a field being built on Eglin will come through. Me and a couple other people drove to Panama City yesterday and played at Highway 77 Paintball and it was pretty dead. There were about 12 people total during the busiest part of the day.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:45 PM #1058
quickpickWM

If you guys are looking for an alternative, come out to danger zone paintball. Great community and the past month has been nothing but busy for them (Saturdays of course, haven't been on any other day).

Lots of rentals but also a lot of people with their own equipment.

The speedball field isn't the best, it has a lot of bunkers (not inflatables) but it also has quite a bit of small trees in side of the area. However, it still is set up in tournament style.

They have two woodsball fields, the bigger field which is the size of 2 football fields (width) and does not fall short in length. Plenty of places for cover and the trees and bushes are great for cover in certain situations. You'll still see a lot of rentals chilling at your base but nothing a little communication can't help.
The smaller field is probably the length of a football field but is very small width wise. It's also perpendicular to the big woodsball field.

It's under new management and they are doing a great job on keeping the field safe. Marking unsafe stumps and reminding people to put on their marker covers/condoms/socks. They only fill HPA and they enforce 300 FPS max. Rules are clearly stated before each game and teams are usually split fairly.

I talked to the current manager and he said he will probably be holding a league for teams to compete if there is enough support so if you guys are looking for a place to play come to blue angel danger zone every Saturday or so. Oh! And you do not have to use their paint unless you're using their rentals. They sell graffiti paint only.

quickpickWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:09 PM #1059
Mayhem_PB

Yeah I went to Danger Zone about a month ago with a few other people. It was fun, but literally every game was stacked team-wise and they didn't want to split them evenly. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind playing on a team with rentals/new players, but when it gets to the point that our team loses every game by a large margin and the teams never change, it gets old quick. I did like the price and the guy working was cool. However, there were no refs at all and there were multiple instances of players taking their masks off in the middle of the field during the games. I feel like if there were refs, things would be better. I will be returning soon to play at Danger Zone though. Like I said above, I went to Hwy 77 paintball in Panama City this last weekend and it was pretty dead. Hopefully there's a good turnout the next time I'm able to make it out to Danger Zone. I feel like the field has a lot of potential, especially if the management is actively working on the safety issues and has ideas for future events.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:34 PM #1060
quickpickWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem_PB View Post
Yeah I went to Danger Zone about a month ago with a few other people. It was fun, but literally every game was stacked team-wise and they didn't want to split them evenly. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind playing on a team with rentals/new players, but when it gets to the point that our team loses every game by a large margin and the teams never change, it gets old quick. I did like the price and the guy working was cool. However, there were no refs at all and there were multiple instances of players taking their masks off in the middle of the field during the games. I feel like if there were refs, things would be better. I will be returning soon to play at Danger Zone though. Like I said above, I went to Hwy 77 paintball in Panama City this last weekend and it was pretty dead. Hopefully there's a good turnout the next time I'm able to make it out to Danger Zone. I feel like the field has a lot of potential, especially if the management is actively working on the safety issues and has ideas for future events.
I haven't yet seen people taking off their mask during play. There was a ref the first time (this year) I went out there but he was only a part of a group kids who were rentals for a birthday party just out there to supervise.

Some of the regulars do try their hardest to stack, I know the people who do and it's rather obnoxious but the rentals won't take that crap. Last week one of the rental parents took charge with another rental and split the teams.

As long as we get a good group of guys out there we can probably help turn the place around. It's came a long way from when I played my first time years ago. No where but up now.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:45 AM #1061
Mayhem_PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickpickWM View Post
I haven't yet seen people taking off their mask during play. There was a ref the first time (this year) I went out there but he was only a part of a group kids who were rentals for a birthday party just out there to supervise.

Some of the regulars do try their hardest to stack, I know the people who do and it's rather obnoxious but the rentals won't take that crap. Last week one of the rental parents took charge with another rental and split the teams.

As long as we get a good group of guys out there we can probably help turn the place around. It's came a long way from when I played my first time years ago. No where but up now.
Well I'll definitely be heading out there in a few weeks after I get back from my honeymoon to play again. Hopefully there will be plenty of people out there! I would love to see the field keep growing and be busy every weekend. Any idea why the field closes at 3pm though? Seems kind of early since most people don't come out til noon or so (at least they did when I went last time).
Old 10-14-2014, 01:43 PM #1062
quickpickWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem_PB View Post
Well I'll definitely be heading out there in a few weeks after I get back from my honeymoon to play again. Hopefully there will be plenty of people out there! I would love to see the field keep growing and be busy every weekend. Any idea why the field closes at 3pm though? Seems kind of early since most people don't come out til noon or so (at least they did when I went last time).
Well we will all be happy to see you there sometime! I honestly don't have a clue why they close at 3pm. On their website it advertises until 4pm but last weekend it seemed like people were clearing out around 2:30pm so it could just be that business only really runs through 10:30/11am to 2:30 pm allowing them to close at 3.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:50 AM #1063
MrJoson
TDM

MrJoson plays in the PSP
MrJoson owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MrJoson owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
MrJoson plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickpickWM View Post
Well we will all be happy to see you there sometime! I honestly don't have a clue why they close at 3pm. On their website it advertises until 4pm but last weekend it seemed like people were clearing out around 2:30pm so it could just be that business only really runs through 10:30/11am to 2:30 pm allowing them to close at 3.
Respawns and Marker hits NOT counted...
I was there last saturday with a couple others and I think smaller groups and faster games will make everyone happier. Not counting marker hits and respawning drag the game out.
ReplyRegional Ups