ReplyRegional Ups

Old 10-08-2014, 06:49 PM #1
djoapplejuice

djoapplejuice owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
djoapplejuice plays in the APPA D5 division
djoapplejuice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eglin Afb Paintball Is Happening

Greetings,

I play on team Florida Synergy D-5 and competed this year in MILP. I am also a Staff Sergeant and I work on Eglin AFB. Now I can tell you this from the horse's mouth, this is not a rumor. Eglin AFB Paintball IS happening and soon. I have been working with a guy at the Recreation Center and he wants it and is making the right connections. He has already purchased one of those blow up speedball arenas and today we had enough volunteers to set it up and play a few games as a demo for a few key individuals that can really make this thing happen. The arena is definitely not a permanent setup, the actual play area is small like a 3v3 airball. But it is still cool and it is helping spread the enthusiasm. He has his eyes set big though, he wants to get a legit woodsball/recreational paintball field up and running and if the support/demand is strong enough he wants a legit airball field too.

All this being said he needs as many people volunteering and showing interest in this thing to get the most support/funds from the base. So far it is looking good and the base has already given him permission for some land to use that would be open to the public. But it is undeveloped woods, so if that ends up being the spot we will need volunteers and support. We are trying to get permission for a spot that would not need development and it is already perfect for woodsball and airball. It is not open to the public though and anybody coming onto base without an ID would have to be signed on. So PROS and CONS but he is getting this thing going so if anybody wants to help volunteer or show support for a legit Paintball field(s) on Eglin contact me or Damian at the Eglin Recreational Center!
djoapplejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2014, 03:11 AM #2
Cyk101

Cyk101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Any idea on the time frame? And what kind of support would you need for it to be an open to everyone field?
Cyk101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:54 PM #3
quickpickWM

Interesting. This place is only about an hour away so every weekend wouldn't be troublesome for me. As Cyk101 asked, what type of support would you need?
Old 10-10-2014, 01:10 PM #4
Mayhem_PB

Mayhem_PB supports Empire
I'm down for helping get this going. I can get on base and live in Fort Walton. Should be able to get some other people to help out as well. So excited that this is happening since Hurlburt's field closed down and there's no other fields closer than Pensacola and Panama City. I'll keep an eye on this thread for sure.
Mayhem_PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:58 PM #5
drillbit

drillbit owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
drillbit plays in the APPA D5 division
drillbit has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
drillbit supports Empire
Any updates? I'm down to help if it means a place to practice for tournaments

Part time salesmen, full time youth pastor, "half" time paintballer=all the time crazy!
drillbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:42 AM #6
MrJoson
TDM

MrJoson plays in the PSP
MrJoson owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MrJoson owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
MrJoson plays in the APPA D5 division
Bookmarked!

I'd consider helping the AirBall side of things.
ReplyRegional Ups