Community Focus

Old 12-27-2010, 06:38 PM #43
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
McMaster part number 3850K27 is a 300psi bottom connection gauge. Price is $22.48 each and they are grade A. Only difference is the OPs gauge is 200psi.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2010, 06:58 PM #44
RTLSNAKE
Team Rogue

RTLSNAKE is a founding member
RTLSNAKE plays in the PSP
RTLSNAKE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RTLSNAKE plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by METHORN View Post
well in order to get ur nt to 280 screw in the reg all the way then screw it out five full turns that will get you to 280 then take ur reg and test it with ur tester and see what it says if its still reading high then its the tester thats busted
That method will not always get you to 280 all guns are different and it depends on your paint to barrel match
RTLSNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:06 PM #45
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
piggman2 plays in the PSP
piggman2 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
You should probably make a note of exactly which gauge you bought/price/etc so others can grab one if needed.
Go to McMaster and you literally pick all you want in a gauge and it narrows it down to that match or what's closest. Since you may want to spend more or less, fluid or not, position of the display etc.. It's better to go and select to personal preferences, AND I can't remember . The wife tossed the invoice. But there was a basic gauge for less than ten bucks! Just make sure it's a 1/8th male threaded NPT so it fits the DYE threaded gauge body.

Everyone I know is in one of two categories,

1. You're either too important to lose to lie to you, or 2. I don't really care about your feelings enough to care what you think so I won't lie to you.....Either way you get the truth.
piggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:08 PM #46
dukduk
six6seven7one1

dukduk supports Team VICIOUS
dukduk supports Bob Gurnsey
dukduk supports our troops
dukduk is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Cole parmer ftw
dukduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:02 PM #47
redz64

has been a member for 10 years
Very helpful. I think my dye tester is probably +5 PSI. I don't need to buy a new guage just for that kinda error, but good to know. Thanks for sharing pig
redz64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:32 PM #48
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz64 View Post
Very helpful. I think my dye tester is probably +5 PSI. I don't need to buy a new guage just for that kinda error, but good to know. Thanks for sharing pig
Yeah 5+/- isn't that bad but mine was @ 150 with Dye and @115 with what I'll just say is a more reliable gauge. That 35 psi difference had me pulling out hairs thinking a new noid was soon to come! Although I am kinda happy I was getting the FPS I did at @ 115 psi, but it wasn't as consistent chrono wise as I expect from hyper 3 regs. But now I'll get to see if that changes and maybe run at a slightly higher pressure and add a spacer for efficiency and lower FPS.

1. You're either too important to lose to lie to you, or 2. I don't really care about your feelings enough to care what you think so I won't lie to you.....Either way you get the truth.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:11 PM #49
skeleton2135
I went to Disney

Annual Supporting Member
skeleton2135 is a Supporting Member
skeleton2135 supports Cereal Killerz 2
skeleton2135 donated to help Peyton Trent
skeleton2135 helped look for balloons
skeleton2135 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by piggman2 View Post
Yeah 5+/- isn't that bad but mine was @ 150 with Dye and @115 with what I'll just say is a more reliable gauge. That 35 psi difference had me pulling out hairs thinking a new noid was soon to come! Although I am kinda happy I was getting the FPS I did at @ 115 psi, but it wasn't as consistent chrono wise as I expect from hyper 3 regs. But now I'll get to see if that changes and maybe run at a slightly higher pressure and add a spacer fo r efficiency and lower FPS.
Rajin did us a great service by posting the link. I agree it's pretty easy to see what to get on Macmaster's site, but not reinventing the wheel when the info is at someone's fingertips helps mucho.Thanks.
I bought a gauge for my tester and found out that my dye gauge was reading at 130 when in reality my pressures had been at 153. Testing tomorrow to see if my thoughts turned into truths. Double check what you think are correct settings before pulling the last of your hairs out. I think these gauges have more to do with real shooting problems than we give them credit for. LOL
Weekend Warriors Website weekendwarriorspaintball.net
Don't pick a fight with a old man...If he's too old to fight he'll just kill you.
all that and a bag of chips...Addy made me
If you make something idiot proof...someone will make a better idiot.
skeleton2135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:12 PM #50
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
It been a good day of play and with the new gauge it's made the difference I was hoping. Proper setting of reg @130 psi + bore .688 (over bored due to temp) + rec grade paint that looked more like peanut M&M's and the spacer = 274, 265, 287 area. Spacer was added just to see if it made a difference on air consumption. I agree that these gauges may be a bigger contributor to guys making changes to their gun thinking the pressure is right so the problem is somewhere else and end up screwing up their NT's.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:04 PM #51
dmented-predator

dmented-predator plays in the APPA D4 division
Sorry I'm new to this whole pressure tester stuff. You need to purchase the DYE NT pressure tester AND a 1/8 NPT Gauge to replace the gauge on the DYE pressure tester?

Last edited by dmented-predator : 01-05-2011 at 08:09 PM.
dmented-predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:11 PM #52
dukduk
six6seven7one1

dukduk supports Team VICIOUS
dukduk supports Bob Gurnsey
dukduk supports our troops
dukduk is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmented-predator
Sorry I'm new to this whole pressure tester stuff. You need to purchase the DYE NT pressure tester AND a 1/8 NPT Gauge to replace the gauge on the DYE pressure tester?
Ya and if you buy a hyper3 to standard asa adapter you can test other regs except tank regs but for that you can get the ndz extender with on/off to push the pin
dukduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:18 PM #53
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmented-predator View Post
I can't say NEED exactly as some gauges are close enough in the ball park to be functional. Others like mine were totally off from the actual pressures shown. Saddest part is you won't really know unless you either have issues that all conventional methods aren't fixing.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:19 PM #54
dmented-predator

OK, so i bought a DYE Pressure Tester. Any signs to look for to see if I have a bad gauge or not? Like the creator of this thread's gauge wasn't bottoming out at zero is one. Any others?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:28 PM #55
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
There is no way to tell if your gauge is bad unless you have a standard to test against. Id say if it reads much above 140 it isnt calibrated correctly since most guns run below this.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:27 PM #56
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmented-predator View Post
OK, so i bought a DYE Pressure Tester. Any signs to look for to see if I have a bad gauge or not? Like the creator of this thread's gauge wasn't bottoming out at zero is one. Any others?
I'd think if maybe the dial is capable of shifting in the housing you'd be boned. The aftermarket one I got is screwed in place which very well could have been the cause of the misread on the dye gauge.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:30 PM #57
dmented-predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggman2 View Post
I'd think if maybe the dial is capable of shifting in the housing you'd be boned. The aftermarket one I got is screwed in place which very well could have been the cause of the misread on the dye gauge.
Sorry I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying the dye gauge may not have been screwed into the housing correctly? I don't understand how that would affect where your needle was resting.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:20 PM #58
donk0024

150psi 287fps?

Hello,

I want my nt hp around 135psi.
I tested my Nt with 3 gauges, my dye one is +5. My problem is that in order to achieve 287fps I have to set the reg at 150psi. if i put up the pressure on the reg to get 300fps the noid vents. tried 5,6 & 7 dwell settings with no real difference.
Blew air through the noid block and passages.
Are their certain orings i should get at, everything looks fine.
current settings.

.682 barrel
paint fits alright. (small paint)
HP set at 150psi
Dwell currently at 5
285-290
donk0024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:58 PM #59
RedAkuma
Respect, give it get it

Annual Supporting Member
RedAkuma is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
RedAkuma plays in the PSP
RedAkuma supports our troops
RedAkuma is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk0024 View Post
Hello,

I want my nt hp around 135psi.
I tested my Nt with 3 gauges, my dye one is +5. My problem is that in order to achieve 287fps I have to set the reg at 150psi. if i put up the pressure on the reg to get 300fps the noid vents. tried 5,6 & 7 dwell settings with no real difference.
Blew air through the noid block and passages.
Are their certain orings i should get at, everything looks fine.
current settings.

.682 barrel
paint fits alright. (small paint)
HP set at 150psi
Dwell currently at 5
285-290

seeing the same, also adjustment threshold is really tight 1/16th of a turn on hpr and get 20-30 fps adjustment

Old Feedback 95 reasons to trust me
Feedback
"Originally posted by firefoxx04: Everything works awesome and just as described, thanks.
This guy is straight business no bull ****."

Guns For Sale, Motivated Seller. No Reasonable offer refused.

Nt10,11 Dye, Luxe, Marq, Victory, extra parts all for sale
RedAkuma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:23 AM #60
donk0024

Really

No ideas out there?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:44 AM #61
wesr

up your dwell. it should not be below 6, i run my nt at 7ms and run hpr at 130psi
wesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM #62
donk0024

dwell

i went as high as 8 with no real effect.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:46 PM #63
donk0024

dye inc

called dye, they said it might be the noid. sending it in
they were really cool.