Community Focus

Old 12-21-2010, 01:03 PM #1
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
piggman2 plays in the PSP
piggman2 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
If your NT has to run at 150psi? *Update w/pics*

I've come to terms for the most part since it shoots nice that my NT will not shoot at the 300 fps range unless it's at 150psi. But I always question what is making that the case? I've put something in the range of 25+ cases through it, taken the manifold and given it a major cleaning. I've cleaned all the air passages of the body by way of removing the four plug screws that connect the reg to the body and running q-tips inside to remove any possible lube that may have made it's way inside. As well as the reg itself being cleaned and re-seated. The spool is with new o-rings and the NT has all the updated hardware necessary. It's running a dwell of 8, white insert, no spacers, and stock board getting me in the range of 285-295 (with some going as low as 260)fps shooting a .682 barrel @150psi? I can't help but think that the noid isn't broken to the point of failure but not performing at an optimal level. This is where I question getting a new noid to compare or is it pointless to attempt searching further for that lower pressure? Now I know it's a "it's shooting good, leave well enough alone" audience but, If the idea of getting a NT11 is attractive because it shoots at a lower pressure and feels smoother it'd be nice to see how much smoother mine could feel if it could shoot at the 135psi range?

Dye gauge obviously, shooting @ 280-275 with .688, But 290-300 with .682

New Gauge, non adjusted reg.

Adj to 130psi, will update with fps ASAP.

Thanks Ragin Cajun for the suggestion on where to get a real gauge.

Everyone I know is in one of two categories,

1. You're either too important to lose to lie to you, or 2. I don't really care about your feelings enough to care what you think so I won't lie to you.....Either way you get the truth.

Last edited by piggman2 : 12-27-2010 at 04:48 AM.
piggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2010, 01:37 PM #2
Empwrd

Take a look at your orings... I've come to te conclusion that colored orings are MUCH thicker than black ones. Switc back to these, especially at the plunger and inside the beer can. This should lower your operating pressure considerably. Another thing is to clean out your noid. Take it apart and run some tissue paper through it... I've got both of mine down to about 100. Shooting 295
Empwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:42 PM #3
Nokia6618

Annual Supporting Member
Nokia6618 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Agree check you orings..
Old 12-21-2010, 01:52 PM #4
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
I didn't know there was a white insert. Either way, what are you using to measure pressure from the reg? If it's the dye tester, those gauges are very cheap and most aren't remotely accurate. Try someone elses tester or buy a reliable gauge and see what you come up with.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:55 PM #5
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
I have all black ones currently. The noid tissue thing is new though, I'll give it a shot.

1. You're either too important to lose to lie to you, or 2. I don't really care about your feelings enough to care what you think so I won't lie to you.....Either way you get the truth.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:57 PM #6
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
White is the green prototype. Yeah BTW, it is a dye tester I've been using.

Last edited by piggman2 : 12-21-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:50 PM #7
B Baller

B Baller plays in the PSP
if you have access to compressed air (even from a can) it is the easiest way to clean the manifold and air passages in the gun, i wouldn't recommend hitting the noid itself though.

i had a very similar problem, at first it was 130, then 140, then 150 then venting before i could even get 300fps. cleaned the hyper3 (new seat installed) and cleaned all those passages and it was money around 120 shooting 300fps.
B Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:58 PM #8
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Baller View Post
if you have access to compressed air (even from a can) it is the easiest way to clean the manifold and air passages in the gun, i wouldn't recommend hitting the noid itself though.

i had a very similar problem, at first it was 130, then 140, then 150 then venting before i could even get 300fps. cleaned the hyper3 (new seat installed) and cleaned all those passages and it was money around 120 shooting 300fps.

Yeah I know for a fact that the passages are as clean as can possibly be. I did take the manifold off again to see what might have changed since the last time and it's clean as well. The noid is just too delicate to venture into. I'm beginning to think it's the gauge since I can operate it up to just above 170psi w/o venting and this leads me to think the gauge needle isn't sitting where actual zero is in the rest position. I'm hoping anyone with a reg tester as well can post a pic of where their needle sits.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:59 PM #9
dukduk
six6seven7one1

dukduk supports Team VICIOUS
dukduk supports Bob Gurnsey
dukduk supports our troops
dukduk is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Try another tester, gauge could be off.
dukduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:15 PM #10
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukduk View Post
Try another tester, gauge could be off.
Waiting to find who else may have one to try. It's gonna suck *** to find out all this time I've been trying to achieve that operating pressure only to find it's been fine this whole time. The cherry on the Sundae is, the device DYE recommends and manufactures to know what the gun is running at could be what wasted so many hours!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:33 PM #11
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
As I said before, the mini gauges are junk. Buy a good 200 psi 1/8" NPT gauge from McMasterCarr. They are only about $8. If you want to splurge, get a liquid filled one.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:59 PM #12
dukduk
six6seven7one1

Or...if u really wanna splurge
:

Factory calibrated to ~+/- .5psi
I'm just showing off tho, lol
Old 12-22-2010, 07:14 PM #13
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
Yeah I just ordered one of the liquid filled ones! That digital one is tourney entry prices!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:21 PM #14
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D3 division
Nuhuh get this ( McMaster pt no 3584K17) if you want to splurge. +/- .05 accuracy shows psi down to the hundreth. Only $900....
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:44 PM #15
rossmorgan29
Check Please

rossmorgan29 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I've been having this same occurrence with my nt. It was kinda funny I got the reg tester and tuned my gun down to 125. And shot it outside (it was dark) and I was in awe of how smooth my gun shot. Got to the field the next day to find I was shooting 145 fps.... Damn. I think my gauge on my reg tester says like 150 or 155 to be shooting at 300. I'll try to clean all my passages and stuff and see what happens. Need to get a gauge too...
rossmorgan29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:48 PM #16
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
Uh, yeah...... 22.48 plus shipping and tax is all this guy will be shelling out! Well a bit more if you include the money spent for the DYE one already here! Now I'm just hoping that it's the gauge cause it'll be a ***** to see the same number I was getting before !

Old 12-22-2010, 08:10 PM #17
dukduk
six6seven7one1

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggman2
Uh, yeah...... 22.48 plus shipping and tax is all this guy will be shelling out! Well a bit more if you include the money spent for the DYE one already here! Now I'm just hoping that it's the gauge cause it'll be a ***** to see the same number I was getting before !
Hope it works out for u man... Have u serviced your reg?
Old 12-22-2010, 08:39 PM #18
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukduk View Post
Hope it works out for u man... Have u serviced your reg?
Yeah it's received a new seat, o-ring and cleaned of all old lube and relubed well. I think the problem is this,

I think the needle is not resting in the proper place so If when I see 130 here, it's actually like 110 where it's shooting like 240-260. That why I was hoping that some other DYE tester owners could tell me where theirs sits in relation. I do have a better gauge on the way but it would still be nice to see what's the norm for these testers.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:04 AM #19
redz64

nono

I have a dye reg tester, showing 135psi and gun chronoing at 300. I would be very interested though to see what your new tester shows you when you get it. LMK.
redz64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:47 AM #20
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz64 View Post
I have a dye reg tester, showing 135psi and gun chronoing at 300. I would be very interested though to see what your new tester shows you when you get it. LMK.
So redz, your needle sits in the same spot when no air is connected?

Old 12-23-2010, 01:41 AM #21
redz64

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggman2 View Post
So redz, your needle sits in the same spot when no air is connected?
I'll have to check it later tomorrow. I'll letcha know.
redz64 is offline   Reply With Quote