Old 12-20-2010, 08:46 PM #1
BlkBerry
March 2k4

BlkBerry owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BlkBerry supports Team VICIOUS
Thumbs up Hydrotec Paintballs

http://hydrotecpaintball.com/
Quote:
HydroTec™ is the combination of a revolutionary breakthrough in paintball manufacturing technology and eco-friendly raw materials. HydroTec™ is designed specifically for use in the paintball industry. Gelatin paintballs are a borrowed manufacturing technology from the pharmaceutical industry using animal based materials for the shell and oil based fills. HydroTec™ is constructed from environmentally friendly, plant derived, non-animal, and non-petroleum components.

The outer shell of HydroTec™ is plant derived polymer made from corn and is completely immune to moisture. It does not absorb, soften, swell, or get sticky when exposed to humidity or when in direct contact with water. The shell is also temperature resistant, capable of tolerating temperatures in excess of 120 F without softening or deformation.

HydroTec™ fill is 90-98% water and is specifically formulated for the sport’s playing conditions and is non-staining and non-toxic. Since the fill is water it is very easy to clean up and remove from playing gear as most of the fill evaporates away!

Being paintball players ourselves we know that playing with bad paint can be a frustrating experience. We have designed HydroTec™ to answer the challenges of the game, to always perform, and to provide a quality unlike anything the industry has ever seen.
Have you guys seen this yet? It's suppose to be releasing pretty soon - directly dealt to fields to ultimately lower paint cost at wholesale. Which should overall drop the cost for players as well (per case) It's perfect for indoor fields like RIP. There is an awesome interview video about the paint. Looks pretty ****ing legit, and I think if all goes will could be a solid game changer to paintball.
Collar City Shakedown #11

GEO 2 POISON +ROTOR +TANK F/S
BlkBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2010, 11:01 PM #2
Taylew

Taylew is playing at Living Legends VI
Taylew owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Taylew supports Team VICIOUS
Taylew posts videos on PbNation
Taylew has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Would these work well outdoors?
How much cheaper would these be?

Dangerous Power E1
Taylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:51 AM #3
BlkBerry
March 2k4

BlkBerry owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BlkBerry supports Team VICIOUS
Yeah they work for both indoor and outdoor. I think they are more geared for indoor because field owners won't have to worry about the oily residue left behind because the paint leaves behind a powder that can be vacuumed up. And they aren't releasing prices until a few days before you can actually start ordering. But i figure a case of cheap rec ball paint whole sale is what? $20-$30 so from the way they talk about it, this should run $13-$20. Only time will tell.
Collar City Shakedown #11

GEO 2 POISON +ROTOR +TANK F/S
BlkBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:01 PM #4
Taylew

Taylew is playing at Living Legends VI
Taylew owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Taylew supports Team VICIOUS
Taylew posts videos on PbNation
Taylew has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Water should be much cheaper than oil, if it is cheaper than most and just as well, this company will thrive.

Dangerous Power E1
Taylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:58 PM #5
deadboxking

any word on these new paintballs
deadboxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:53 PM #6
PahrumpPaintballPark
Nevada's Best Place

haven't heard anything..
but oil is much cheaper and easier than water. water based paint is much harder and costlier to make. you have to keep water paintballs to a 95-98% clean - but oil you can use anything in it. this is why fields don't like it. some oil will clean up easily - but some will not. because you cannot control the bad ones - most fields are choosing to just do water only.
702-436-6220
PahrumpPaintballPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:08 PM #7
mnixon12

mnixon12 plays in the PSP
mnixon12 is for the Gunfight
mnixon12 plays in the APPA D4 division
mnixon12 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
this has hit the market and is on sale through some paintball gear websites, i think ansgear has some of it. pricing is pretty low, i think i saw it for $35 a case... word on the street is the shell is very fragile, causing more breaks than evil or another brittle paint would. i personally havent used it, just sharing the info ive gotten.

For Sale/Trade: 2 Jerseys, 2013'd Demon, XL Elbow/Knee Pads, M/L Pants Sale, Gearbag Sale,
I4s
mnixon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:31 PM #8
TheHef

This hasn't been released yet, you are thinking of the jt hydro paintballs which are different from these.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:41 AM #9
mnixon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef View Post
This hasn't been released yet, you are thinking of the jt hydro paintballs which are different from these.
i couldve sworn i saw that they did a limited release, kinda like a beta test, but now i cant find where the hell i read that. hydrotech's website does say they havent been put on the market yet. but i thought they were out in chicago or something like that. i could be wrong....

For Sale/Trade: 2 Jerseys, 2013'd Demon, XL Elbow/Knee Pads, M/L Pants Sale, Gearbag Sale,
I4s
Old 08-25-2011, 08:43 AM #10
mnixon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnixon12 View Post
i couldve sworn i saw that they did a limited release, kinda like a beta test, but now i cant find where the hell i read that. hydrotech's website does say they havent been put on the market yet. but i thought they were out in chicago or something like that. i could be wrong....
just checked again and actually it was the JT Hydro... good call

I4s
ReplyRegional Ups