PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-23-2014, 01:52 AM #1
Eliborg

Tucson

What's the paintball scene like in Tucson? I just moved here. I'm mainly interested in woodsball.
Eliborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2014, 10:58 PM #2
anarchyamp

anarchyamp owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
anarchyamp has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
anarchyamp supports Empire
It's crap in a box lol. And it's about to get too hot to play at all. Enjoy

There's 2 options: desert fox on the far east side, and disruptive (formerly sudden impact) off the freeway in Marana. I'm not fond of either but there's tons of people who like to play there. Disruptive is working on a new field that is supposed to open sometime this year?

*AMP*
anarchyamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:50 PM #3
Eliborg

That doesn't really add to the conversation. Why is it "crap in a box"? I live close to Desert Fox. The field looks legit.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:37 PM #4
anarchyamp

Because nothing has changed there in over 10+ years. No investment to the field or players whatsoever after all these years. If I owned a paintball field, i'd be super passionate about it you know? And the paint and stuff is too expensive that you're forced to buy because it's field paint only. I used to play there years ago when Kick'n paintballs was still around and they used to stock their purple/magenta balls for $65 case and it was terrible paint. They also only have 1 giant field they let you play on and sometimes switch it up to play north/south or east/west. The other field they had was for their team only. And I never liked the owner guy who always just sat in the shack smoking his strawberry tobacco or black n milds, whatever they are. Always seemed to have a bad attitude if you ask me. Perhaps all this has changed now but I called them up not too long ago and everything seemed about the same.

And disruptive, well disruptive is better for sure, but I miss the sudden impact days. Also disagree with the fps raise from 280 to 300. When set at 280, people will already be shooting around 290-300 because there's always people shooting hot and now that it's 300, guess what people are shooting at now? Probably hanging around 310-320, which is beyond what i'd say just about all mask lenses and stuff are rated for. I have personally seen several younger kids, both guys and girls, get hit and start crying or sometimes trying to hold back tears because of the brutal hits, and mind you these shots were from far away not close up. Imagine if they had been shot close up. These people most likely walked away from the sport and never played again. That being said, I think the new disruptive field will be pretty amazing and am looking forward to it.

Again, these are just my opinions, and many will disagree with me.

*AMP*

Last edited by anarchyamp : 03-31-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:03 AM #5
RealJazzE
AZ_B2K4

Yes, it gets hot in Tucson. Sometimes it's unbearable but that's not gonna stop most paintballers from going out to their field of choice.

I do agree with AMP that there haven't been any improvements to Desert Fox since it opened way back in the day, and their field paint is hella expensive. Basically they have one huge field and split everyone (beginners to agg military guys) into 2 groups and they go at it from opposite ends of the field,east to west. then when all are eliminated...they go at it again, north to south. Interesting but hard on the novices.

Disruptive is a little better as far as grouping the beginners with beginners and the more advanced with the more advanced players. Groups are smaller and more refs to watch the play. Prices can be a bit expensive, but not too bad: $15 for admission and air (if you have all the equipment) $45 for a case of the cheapest paint. There are also ways to get discounts. If you buy the Family pass in the store, 4 players (including 4 rentals and 2000 paintballs) can play for $100. Or paintballhotline.com offers coupons for $5 each (sold in 10 packs) basically you get 1 full (or partial) rental and 500 paintballs for $20 you pay at the field. I do this because my tanks are expired so I just rent theirs and it's included in the price.

I don't know of any groups that go out and play "woodsball" but who knows there may be some around. There's definitely a lot of areas to play in.

Last edited by RealJazzE : 05-09-2014 at 01:34 AM.
RealJazzE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:57 AM #6
DRAXX
www.muddhillspaintball.tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliborg View Post
What's the paintball scene like in Tucson? I just moved here. I'm mainly interested in woodsball.
If you're interested in Woodsball, Mudd Hills is the only true woodsball/scenario-specific field; probably the best in Arizona to be honest. We are really hard to beat.

We are also recruiting for our core tactical team. Please feel free to check us out We are about an hour out from Tucson.

http://www.muddhillspaintball.com

Last edited by DRAXX : 04-17-2014 at 02:10 AM.
DRAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:26 PM #7
anarchyamp

Yeah, what Draxx said^ Come play with the Mud Hills crew! It's a drive but I always have a blast with these guys and have become part of the Mud Hills team.

*AMP*
Old 04-20-2014, 11:18 PM #8
Eliborg

Mudd Hills looks cool. Both Disruptive and Mudd Hills are an hour from my house. Where is your field located within Sierra Vista? On a side note I'm heading to Supergame near Portland, OR in two weeks.

I actually prefer big games that pair new and experienced players together. It gives new guys a chance to have a mentor playing next to them. Big fields like Desert Fox give people lots of room to move around without getting hit right when the game starts. What I'm really looking for is a huge field with lots of bunkers to run to.

Last edited by Eliborg : 04-20-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:55 PM #9
DRAXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliborg View Post
Mudd Hills looks cool. Both Disruptive and Mudd Hills are an hour from my house. Where is your field located within Sierra Vista? On a side note I'm heading to Supergame near Portland, OR in two weeks.

I actually prefer big games that pair new and experienced players together. It gives new guys a chance to have a mentor playing next to them. Big fields like Desert Fox give people lots of room to move around without getting hit right when the game starts. What I'm really looking for is a huge field with lots of bunkers to run to.
I have to make a few videos here soon of some of the big airsoft games that go down here. Essentially, we have two fields that combine into one massive field that can hold tons of people.

In addition, we also have 30 acres of woodland territory sanctioned off just for us. No other field in AZ offers that. Some fields come close to us scenario-wise, but still don't compare.

The only thing is that we are indeed a private field - meaning it's exclusive only to our community of paintball and Airsoft. People have to either be invited, or be cleared to come in. We aren't freely open to the public like DP so we're not available every weekend. Hit me up, and I"ll let you know when our next event is - if you're serious about coming down.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:19 PM #10
Eliborg

Stopped by Desert Fox this morning and called the field this week. The owner is a total dick.

Edit:

Let me at to that. It was obvious to me that the owner doesn't really care about customer service. When I called I asked him a few basic questions about his field. His final response was, "Have you ever played paintball before?" I used to run my own field.

I stopped by his field this morning to ask if he had any pods for sale.
"What do you mean by pods?"
"Like the standard pods you put paintballs in."
"What size?"
"I don't know. The size that most paintballers use. It can hold 140 paintballs?"

Obviously irritated, he chided me for asking. Apparently I should have known that pods are cheaper online. Duh! That's not the point. I'm willing to pay a higher price to get them now.

Last edited by Eliborg : 04-26-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:10 PM #11
anarchyamp

Yep, that sounds like him.

*AMP*
Old 04-28-2014, 06:14 PM #12
DRAXX

lol try disruptive products off prince Rd.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:40 PM #13
RYNO777

RYNO777 plays in the APPA D5 division
Yeah Randy the owner on Desert Fox is a total jerk and he totally doesn't care about customers. Desert fox for him is just something that pays the bills.

Disruptive paintball is a better field. The owner Ryan Lovato is a little more passion for the field he actually bought so more property up the street in marana. He wants to sell the current field that he is at now and open a new field on the property he bought. He has planes to make it one over the better or best fields in Arizona. Don't know when he is suppose to open it because its taking awhile to get all the permits for everything he want to do.
RYNO777 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups