Low pressure sentinel tests/info - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Do you think this is a waste of time?
Yes, you're wasting my time. 0 0%
No, I wanna know what happens! 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-15-2003, 12:39 PM #1
ingenexec
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
Low pressure sentinel tests/info

Alright, fellow AM...people. I ordered the vigilante low pressure spring yesterday, which I'm eagerly awaiting. I will be going to get my tank filled tomorrow (88/3k) as well as a bag of 500 diablo blaze paintballs. Why blaze? Why not? It fits the JJ ceramic (14 inch, with an empire sticker on the side for all of you who love knowing every little detail of the testing). Thats why I'm posting this already, so when I finish the testing nobody's *****ing about how "inaccurate" my results were. Anyway!

I broke my sentinel down to nothing last night. Was having a problem with finding little grains of metal in it, so i just spent 2 hours with soap and warm water and a toothbrush cleaning everything. In short, my senti should be at right about the performance of a new model. I have the performance sear in my gun, which was added aftermarket, and I'm going to try to get ernest to mail me a new valve stop thing, because my oldass sentinel (001653) has the older push pin that leaks like a siv, and I'm not about to sacrifice efficiency on my 500 worth of gun on account of a damn 10 cent pin. So, everythings all spiffy clean and oiled. I still have the old bolt, and it does have blowback, but if i get the pressure and economy where i want it and its not fixed, i'm just gonna get a halo and be finished. but moving on.

I know precisely how i'm setting my test up, so on you all! I have:
*sentinel TS, all unpolished internals, new o rings, low pressure pin, new striker spring, and slightly scratched delrin bolt.
*Vigilante Low pressure reg, fed with macro line
*88/3k Pure energy tank with fixed output of 820 PSI (i checked it).
*14 inch JJ ceramic barrel that fits diablo blaze, which will be used fresh for testing
**Shot count will be done dry firing because I'm not about to burn a case of paint just for the testing.
*loader will be 12 volt revolution, and I'll be shooting pretty fast most of the time.
*Velocity will be guessed at, because i know where 280 fps is.
*All internals are clean and moving quick, if that matters to ya
*Bolt is oiled because oil doesnt mess up delrin, contrary to popular belief
*Gold cup lubricant has been used in the gun for the past year.

Ok, theres your specs. Testing will be done in cold and humid winter weather. If theres anything else you need to know, tell me and I'll try to answer it. I might go to CO Paintball today, because my tanks leaking just a bit and i want it fixed. Ah well, we'll see. Have a good day and all that.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2003, 01:23 PM #2
jawpaul
Not so Deep Thoughts

Any update on this yet?
Black Dye Sticky 3 Grips
Black Evolution 2 Z-board inside
Crossfire 45/45 HP
AM Sentinel TS Sunburst
Old 11-27-2003, 03:03 PM #3
FuzzyChicken

Quote:
Originally posted by jawpaul
Any update on this yet?
ya
Old 11-30-2003, 02:59 PM #4
ingenexec
Banned

done!!

Ok, theres good and theres bad. first the good. the gun does recock wonderfully and it did eliminate the blowback problems i was having (woohoo). Downside was i struggled alot in order to get it under 270 fps (i ended up settling for 240, which costed me some elims). if you didnt guess yet, i played. my computers down so sorry about the delay of info. tank economy was fine, i played all day and only lost about 1500 psi (i shoot like mad, too). Had a bad paint-in-eye incident, but not on account of low pressure. anyway, the gun was pretty quiet (which is an OK bonus). paint was hooking, but that was from bad bore match (trying to get the velocity down), plus my regs not broken in. anyway, it wasnt so consistent (still on account of new spring) but that really evened out over the course of the day. at the end, i pretty much got it where i want it, but i have to get an egg hopper now. turns out that when i'm under pressure i hammer on the trigger like a friggin jackhammer, so...yeah.. anyway, thats the extent of testing. it worked out OK, but i didnt see any huge gains from going from the 800 psi to around 350 or so. other than the silence factor, and such, there wasnt alot. guns still fast, but i need to tune it much better (i couldnt drop the pressure low enough with the LP pin for it to recock, perhaps the pins are bored out TOO much? just a thought). thats my 2 cents, glad you guys waited on it. any questions, just post here and i'll get to em eventually i promise.

edited immediately:
paint was kickin' premium plus, and the barrel was teh stock barrel which was a little too big.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:11 PM #5
jawpaul
Not so Deep Thoughts

So you ran the marker at around 350psi? That sounds good. I just want to make my marker quiter, smoother, and more consistent. I don't really need any more efficiancy right now though.
Black Dye Sticky 3 Grips
Crossfire 45/45 HP
AM Sentinel TS Sunburst
Old 12-01-2003, 09:58 AM #6
ingenexec
Banned

yep, right around there somewhere. Unfortunately i lost the tourney lock thing for my vig, so it looks nice and ugly now. I'm upgrading to an evo 2 hopper (finally decided). The velocity thing is a DEFINITE problem and if anyone at AM reads this, advice would rock please. Thankee ^.^ Plus my accuracy sucks *** (missed a guy six times at 20 feet) because i dont shoulder good because i SHOULD buy a diff drop froward because the one i have right now is too long for the tank, or just learn to hold my gun right? Anyway! I had some def. FAB the other day, but thats just from the sear spring coming off...somehow? All in all the low pressure senti was a good idea, since i got most everything i needed for free. Now all i have to do is make it work at 270 fps.. (i got 6 bounces on one guys shoulder :@) just BAH! a well, i better go. later!
Old 12-01-2003, 10:27 AM #7
jawpaul
Not so Deep Thoughts

I would trun my reg up if it wasn't shooting 270fps. That should get it up there. I think the 350 psi is just a suggestion of the where it should be running approximately not a requirement.

Dude definately get a different drop or clean your barrel or something. Mine was shooting better than my B2k was the other day. I accidently hit some kid twice from the other side of the field it wa shooting so nice. And I don't think I coulde get a bounce my paint was breaking from 3 foot drops on concrete.
Black Dye Sticky 3 Grips
Crossfire 45/45 HP
AM Sentinel TS Sunburst
Old 12-03-2003, 09:21 PM #8
ingenexec
Banned

BTW, just an update, i solved the accuracy problem. it was just a little bit of the lovely jello stuff paintballs are made of in teh barrel and slightly wet ball detents (damn finicky things). Anyone know what is a good replacement for stock detents? I'm tired of getting shots winged all over the field!!
Old 12-03-2003, 10:38 PM #9
Benson

I haven't had a single problem with my stock detents. You have the ball and spring style, right?

I'd just keep them nice and clean, just make sure they arent sticking on you. If they stick, clean em out, and maybe put a dab of oil in there.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:16 PM #10
jawpaul
Not so Deep Thoughts

I like Cp stuff check them out for new detents. I plan on getting some for mine I believe.

Also they have delrin, or delrin like material on the cocker detents proably the same for the angel threaded ones.
Black Dye Sticky 3 Grips
Crossfire 45/45 HP
AM Sentinel TS Sunburst
Old 01-06-2004, 03:19 PM #11
ingenexec
Banned

Alright, there seem to be a lot of people wanting to know about regging the sentinel. So, I'm posting to this again. Oh, and i have an update . I played again sunday and had the senti shooting 270 +- <b>2</b> fps! Guess theres really something to that deal with breaking in the springs. Anyway, I played from about noon until 6, and got a total of 4 eliminations, while it was 8 on 8 on a 5 man field with more experienced players, so I'm plenty happy with the performance. Paint cound cross the entire field with a drop of less than 2 feet, I would guess. Also, I only chopped once out of 900 shots, and that was due to shooting while holding the gun just about horizontal. Egg2 was a great investment. Also, I'm willing to bet i could have gotten more than 2/3 of a case with an 88/3k, so it is indeed efficient. But don't bother with this unless you're willing to finess the gun a little... But I think it was worth it, because my reg was cheap and the low pressure pin was free ^.^ I'm goin again this weekend and will maybe update if something major happens.