Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 11:49 PM #274
xPBxFREAKx
is aweome.
 
xPBxFREAKx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 281
xPBxFREAKx plays in the PSP
xPBxFREAKx supports Team VICIOUS
xPBxFREAKx is an NCPA player
xPBxFREAKx plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
idk about down there, but when they book shows like that up here, its amazing. So many fights, all night long.
Actual hardcore shows never come through Houston as all our small venues closed down. and nobody other than the big names can book even the medicore sized venues. The show tonight had maybe 150 people there. Maybe.
__________________
HOUSTON HATE
D3X

PMGWC
xPBxFREAKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2011, 01:14 PM #275
madballer17
See you at the 50
 
madballer17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Here and there
madballer17 plays in the USPL
madballer17 plays in the PSP
madballer17 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
idk about down there, but when they book shows like that up here, its amazing. So many fights, all night long.

Usually Vogel keeps it pretty positive and most people just have a good time. Uneeded fights at hardcore shows are retarded.
__________________
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=26024529
feedback ^^^
NEW YORK FACTORY BLACK REPPIN
BEast Coast Designs
VSE
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: http://twitter.com/JackVSE
madballer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 PM #276
edudcixlsyd
ya boi
 
edudcixlsyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
idk about down there, but when they book shows like that up here, its amazing. So many fights, all night long.
How is that good? The Ft. Worth scene is so tight, there are never fights at shows unless someone is attacking others.
__________________
you can't carry the load, you can't handle the weight
not like them boys up out that Lone Star State so get it straight
edudcixlsyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:12 PM #277
behemoth
NLFTW
 
behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 216 -> 702
Annual Supporting Member
behemoth is reppin' sidebar 4 life
behemoth is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
behemoth is Legendary
No, its amazing how some kids never learn.

Any time there is a mixed show like that, or even certain venues with multiple stages, they'll have a hardcore show in one, and a buncha juggalos in another room.

People that dont understand the whole hardcore thing will come thru, feel threatened, and start a fight.

It happens EVERY TIME.

I dont know about you guys, but If I didnt know what went down at a show, randomly walked in, and saw a buncha people moshing, I'd probably stay the **** away from it.

Not walk right into it, and wonder why the **** I got punched in the face, and then try to tackle some kid whos got 30 friends there.

Naymsayin?

Most of the places that have security know whats up, they'll just remove the person who started the fight, and life goes on.
__________________
vincit qui se vincit
behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:18 PM #278
madballer17
See you at the 50
 
madballer17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Here and there
madballer17 plays in the USPL
madballer17 plays in the PSP
madballer17 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
No, its amazing how some kids never learn.

Any time there is a mixed show like that, or even certain venues with multiple stages, they'll have a hardcore show in one, and a buncha juggalos in another room.

People that dont understand the whole hardcore thing will come thru, feel threatened, and start a fight.

It happens EVERY TIME.

I dont know about you guys, but If I didnt know what went down at a show, randomly walked in, and saw a buncha people moshing, I'd probably stay the **** away from it.

Not walk right into it, and wonder why the **** I got punched in the face, and then try to tackle some kid whos got 30 friends there.

Naymsayin?

Most of the places that have security know whats up, they'll just remove the person who started the fight, and life goes on.

haha its so funny when people who have no clue come to shows and try to get all tough.
__________________
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=26024529
feedback ^^^
NEW YORK FACTORY BLACK REPPIN
BEast Coast Designs
VSE
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: http://twitter.com/JackVSE
madballer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:47 PM #279
edudcixlsyd
ya boi
 
edudcixlsyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
No, its amazing how some kids never learn.

Any time there is a mixed show like that, or even certain venues with multiple stages, they'll have a hardcore show in one, and a buncha juggalos in another room.

People that dont understand the whole hardcore thing will come thru, feel threatened, and start a fight.

It happens EVERY TIME.

I dont know about you guys, but If I didnt know what went down at a show, randomly walked in, and saw a buncha people moshing, I'd probably stay the **** away from it.

Not walk right into it, and wonder why the **** I got punched in the face, and then try to tackle some kid whos got 30 friends there.

Naymsayin?

Most of the places that have security know whats up, they'll just remove the person who started the fight, and life goes on.
Okay, yeah, I get that. Most shows are at a diy venue so there are sometimes problems with drunk homeless folk but because it's all booked by people in the community, the turn out is normally good people and plenty of bands come through. Plus not as many people who "don't belong."
__________________
you can't carry the load, you can't handle the weight
not like them boys up out that Lone Star State so get it straight
edudcixlsyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:03 PM #280
madballer17
See you at the 50
 
madballer17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Here and there
madballer17 plays in the USPL
madballer17 plays in the PSP
madballer17 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by edudcixlsyd View Post
Okay, yeah, I get that. Most shows are at a diy venue so there are sometimes problems with drunk homeless folk but because it's all booked by people in the community, the turn out is normally good people and plenty of bands come through. Plus not as many people who "don't belong."

The best is long haired older headbaning metal heads. Mix them with hardcore kids and you usually have a problem or two.
__________________
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=26024529
feedback ^^^
NEW YORK FACTORY BLACK REPPIN
BEast Coast Designs
VSE
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: http://twitter.com/JackVSE
madballer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:28 AM #281
LeetSawse
Grab the Gauge
 
LeetSawse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 301 , MD
Thats true, unless there are rednecks about.
__________________
AS THE KINGDOM FALLS

One nation under the gun
STEAM ID:UnderReprisal
LeetSawse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:01 PM #282
InDaFaCe07
 
 
InDaFaCe07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado Springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by madballer17 View Post
The best is long haired older headbaning metal heads. Mix them with hardcore kids and you usually have a problem or two.
hahaha i have seen that go down so many times. Even heard one say " yea i was gonna throw a pitcher of beer at your guitarist in honor of Dimebag Darrell"
InDaFaCe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:06 PM #283
behemoth
NLFTW
 
behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 216 -> 702
Annual Supporting Member
behemoth is reppin' sidebar 4 life
behemoth is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
behemoth is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by madballer17 View Post
The best is long haired older headbaning metal heads. Mix them with hardcore kids and you usually have a problem or two.
Ever seen ringworm?

I'm from Cleveland. Ringworm typically plays little ****ty venues here, sometimes alone, sometimes with a few other ****ty local bands, sometimes they get onto hardcore shows, etc.

But ANYWHERE ELSE i've seen Ringworm play, people are ****ing STOKED TO SEE THEM. I made it out to This is Hardcore in philly 07. Three days of bands playing, I never saw that ballroom as packed and as rowdy as it was during ringworm's set.

But its so ****ing awesome watching them play for a room of like...20 people. 3 hardcore kids, and 17 middle aged dudes who're sloshed as **** on a tuesday night.


THE BEST is when old dudes see kids moshing and try to push-pit them. THAT doesnt end well.



Our one venue has a main stage, and a smaller stage adjacent to it. You have to walk through the smaller stage to get outside to smoke.

The whole juggalo thing actually happened. About 5 times in one night.

Best part is, they were trying to go smoke blunts, and walked thru a crowd of straight edge kids.

Oops.
__________________
vincit qui se vincit
behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:16 PM #284
madballer17
See you at the 50
 
madballer17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Here and there
madballer17 plays in the USPL
madballer17 plays in the PSP
madballer17 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
Ever seen ringworm?

I'm from Cleveland. Ringworm typically plays little ****ty venues here, sometimes alone, sometimes with a few other ****ty local bands, sometimes they get onto hardcore shows, etc.

But ANYWHERE ELSE i've seen Ringworm play, people are ****ing STOKED TO SEE THEM. I made it out to This is Hardcore in philly 07. Three days of bands playing, I never saw that ballroom as packed and as rowdy as it was during ringworm's set.

But its so ****ing awesome watching them play for a room of like...20 people. 3 hardcore kids, and 17 middle aged dudes who're sloshed as **** on a tuesday night.


THE BEST is when old dudes see kids moshing and try to push-pit them. THAT doesnt end well.



Our one venue has a main stage, and a smaller stage adjacent to it. You have to walk through the smaller stage to get outside to smoke.

The whole juggalo thing actually happened. About 5 times in one night.

Best part is, they were trying to go smoke blunts, and walked thru a crowd of straight edge kids.

Oops.
Its funny you mention Ringworm, they were the band that came to mind when I made my post.
__________________
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=26024529
feedback ^^^
NEW YORK FACTORY BLACK REPPIN
BEast Coast Designs
VSE
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: http://twitter.com/JackVSE
madballer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:18 PM #285
wecameasromans1992
 
 
wecameasromans1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
wecameasromans1992 plays in the APPA D5 division
New Of Mice and Men!

__________________
wecameasromans1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:45 PM #286
xPBxFREAKx
is aweome.
 
xPBxFREAKx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 281
xPBxFREAKx plays in the PSP
xPBxFREAKx supports Team VICIOUS
xPBxFREAKx is an NCPA player
xPBxFREAKx plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by wecameasromans1992 View Post
New Of Mice and Men!

Nooooooooo.
__________________
HOUSTON HATE
D3X

PMGWC
xPBxFREAKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:04 PM #287
[Seandotcom] (Banned)
give up the ghost
 
[Seandotcom]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: crown town
Quote:
Originally Posted by wecameasromans1992 View Post
New Of Mice and Men!

lol.
[Seandotcom] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:12 PM #288
Ta-kun
suck off
 
Ta-kun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wecameasromans1992
Shut up.


Haven't posted in forever. I was at new England metalcore fest. Anyone see me there?
__________________
the philadelphia straight edge
Ta-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:52 PM #289
edudcixlsyd
ya boi
 
edudcixlsyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: TX
__________________
you can't carry the load, you can't handle the weight
not like them boys up out that Lone Star State so get it straight
edudcixlsyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 PM #290
Borg-Omen
TCUP
 
Borg-Omen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Jersey
Annual Supporting Member
Borg-Omen is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
No, its amazing how some kids never learn.

Any time there is a mixed show like that, or even certain venues with multiple stages, they'll have a hardcore show in one, and a buncha juggalos in another room.

People that dont understand the whole hardcore thing will come thru, feel threatened, and start a fight.

It happens EVERY TIME.

I dont know about you guys, but If I didnt know what went down at a show, randomly walked in, and saw a buncha people moshing, I'd probably stay the **** away from it.

Not walk right into it, and wonder why the **** I got punched in the face, and then try to tackle some kid whos got 30 friends there.

Naymsayin?

Most of the places that have security know whats up, they'll just remove the person who started the fight, and life goes on.
stfu, *****
Borg-Omen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:49 PM #291
xPBxFREAKx
is aweome.
 
xPBxFREAKx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 281
xPBxFREAKx plays in the PSP
xPBxFREAKx supports Team VICIOUS
xPBxFREAKx is an NCPA player
xPBxFREAKx plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg-Omen View Post
stfu, *****
Trolling takes a certain aspect that you're lacking. I'll raid your BREE BREE thread soon enough to show you the ropes though.
__________________
HOUSTON HATE
D3X

PMGWC
xPBxFREAKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:51 PM #292
TheChariot
Make ya say UH
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philly Burbs
I just logged onto pbnation for the first time since 2009 when I sold my dm6. so awesome that this thread is still going on.

I am seeing tragedy saturday
__________________
UNDERSTAND.
TheChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:14 PM #293
Ta-kun
suck off
 
Ta-kun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Anyone listen to suburban scum? They're a local from my way. Locals hear are just killing it. Breeding ground. Dead end path, mother of mercy, stick together, wrong answer, agitator, all those bands.
I saw that TUI/Terror tour twice. Baltimore ruled.
New England metalcore fest was also a ton of fun.

Breetards...
__________________
the philadelphia straight edge
Ta-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:53 PM #294
behemoth
NLFTW
 
behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 216 -> 702
Annual Supporting Member
behemoth is reppin' sidebar 4 life
behemoth is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
behemoth is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg-Omen View Post
stfu, *****
Shaun, you listen to horrible music. I still love you though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by xPBxFREAKx View Post
Trolling takes a certain aspect that you're lacking. I'll raid your BREE BREE thread soon enough to show you the ropes though.
Its okay, he's special.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta-kun View Post
Anyone listen to suburban scum? They're a local from my way. Locals hear are just killing it. Breeding ground. Dead end path, mother of mercy, stick together, wrong answer, agitator, all those bands.
I saw that TUI/Terror tour twice. Baltimore ruled.
New England metalcore fest was also a ton of fun.

Breetards...
suburban scum is whats up.

Missed the TUI/Terror show. Heard it was great tho :/

Such is life.
__________________
vincit qui se vincit
behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump