Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2010, 08:13 PM #64
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayabrae View Post
Yay broad statements.
...ummm ok? I'm 100% right though. Feel free to actually contribute to the discussion at anytime.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 PM #65
JFroese
Killing with a smile.
 
JFroese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
PC gaming is better no doubt, but it takes a certain type of person to go out and spend that $1000+ on a PC, where as an Xbox 360 is $300. I have a gaming PC and I honestly rarely use it, I find myself playing on console more because of the simplicity and really just because I have more friends on it.

PC gamers need to stop acting to ****ing high and mighty, it's pretty sad to be honest.
__________________
Razer Deathadder
Sennheiser HD-555
JFroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 PM #66
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing
 
komodo_117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pennsylvania, The 814
Actually you can build a gaming PC with specs higher than that of a 360 for an easy $500. Probably cheaper yet if you're a bargain hunter.

Technology depreciates in value fairly quickly.
__________________
Jlausen: "Think of what 90% of people do on PCP.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."




XBL - xStonedCrow
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 PM #67
Jebus Christ
Praise Jebus!
 
Jebus Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
...ummm ok? I'm 100% right though. Feel free to actually contribute to the discussion at anytime.
I will always prefer physical media over digital, I am not alone in this mindset either. It's not a matter of access, simply a matter of actually having something that you can hold and have as your own.
__________________
My Old Feedback (+1/-0)

"Originally posted by Ben-Oblivion : Jebus , You are full of win and flavr. I will never doubt your holyness again."

Vist my new tech Blog: www.brokemanstech.com
Jebus Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:34 PM #68
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing
 
komodo_117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pennsylvania, The 814
He's not saying that it's going to just flat out be obsolete and disappear from the market, but merely the NEED for it is being pushed out at a relatively fast rate.

I mean just because cars have tape players in them doesn't mean it's not old technology...
__________________
Jlausen: "Think of what 90% of people do on PCP.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."




XBL - xStonedCrow
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:36 PM #69
phuct
PSN: CASWELLHOUSE
 
phuct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: boston
 has been a member for 10 years
poopman, why the headslap. i used graphics cause i know it pisses off ltk. if that is why its there in the first place.

ltk:mind giving me the lotto numbers while you are at it.,
human beings are way to possessive and material to ever give up a physical copy of things that easy.
what have you really added to the conversation, other than that netflix will kill the disc and that you hate consoles?
__________________
CAZ
psn: caswellhouse

snatchin kisses whenever i can....... and vice versa
phuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:41 PM #70
ayabrae
 
 
ayabrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
Actually you can build a gaming PC with specs higher than that of a 360 for an easy $500. Probably cheaper yet if you're a bargain hunter.

Technology depreciates in value fairly quickly.
500 dollars would be the bare minimum, not "easy". And that's really only assuming you have an OS or don't mind pirating one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
...ummm ok? I'm 100% right though. Feel free to actually contribute to the discussion at anytime.
It's such a dumb thing to say. Of course digital distribution is going to take over physical media at some point in the future. The question is when is that going to happen, not if. "On it's way out" can mean tomorrow or it could mean in 20 years. It sounds like you're just making vague statements so you can fallback on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
He's not saying that it's going to just flat out be obsolete and disappear from the market, but merely the NEED for it is being pushed out at a relatively fast rate.

I mean just because cars have tape players in them doesn't mean it's not old technology...
No, he's saying it's on it's way out. That's his exact words.
ayabrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:42 PM #71
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing
 
komodo_117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pennsylvania, The 814
I think you're all completely misinterpreting everything he's saying.
__________________
Jlausen: "Think of what 90% of people do on PCP.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."




XBL - xStonedCrow
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:47 PM #72
ayabrae
 
 
ayabrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
I think you're all completely misinterpreting everything he's saying.
I think your ego isn't allowing you to realize that maybe you're the one misinterpreting everything he says and that he's been trolling console owners for a while now. Almost everything he has said has been anti-console.
ayabrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:52 PM #73
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
lol arabrae isn't interested in having a serious discussion he just wants to label us as evil pc gaming jerks because we share the sentiment (one that is also shared by devs) that the console hardware is outdated and limiting

I don't understand why he's so hell-bent on defending outdated technology.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway

Last edited by licence_to_kill : 12-09-2010 at 08:54 PM.
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 PM #74
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayabrae View Post
It's such a dumb thing to say. Of course digital distribution is going to take over physical media at some point in the future. The question is when is that going to happen, not if. "On it's way out" can mean tomorrow or it could mean in 20 years. It sounds like you're just making vague statements so you can fallback on them.
So basically you're just nitpicking and being an *** instead of contributing to the discussion
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:55 PM #75
ayabrae
 
 
ayabrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
lol arabrae isn't interested in having a serious discussion he just wants to label us as evil pc gaming jerks because we share the sentiment (one that is also shared by devs) that the console hardware is outdated and limiting
I don't know how Komodo isn't picking up on the fact that you've been trolling since Black Ops was released. Nobody could be as stupid as you are.
ayabrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 PM #76
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Please explain how we are wrong.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 PM #77
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
I mean seriously, you're just trolling now. Its getting ridiculous.

edit: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Pc-...rli,11714.html

The Crysis 2 devs are obviously just trolling all of us right?
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway

Last edited by licence_to_kill : 12-09-2010 at 09:01 PM.
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 PM #78
ayabrae
 
 
ayabrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I did last night.

You're incredibly ***-pained over consoles for some reason. Maybe one day you'll get over it and start enjoying games for what they are - entertainment. You've already made up your mind. Consoles are pieces of **** that are ruining the gaming industry, something you have no ties to after entertainment purposes; which doesn't even exist anymore apparently. The inferior console peasants are holding the entitled PC gaming gods back. You can't argue with that level of deluded arrogance.
ayabrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:06 PM #79
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
So the crysis and battlefield devs are just arrogant trolls?
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:16 PM #80
komodo-117
Who pooped on this pizza?
 
komodo-117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayabrae View Post
I did last night.

You're incredibly ***-pained over consoles for some reason. Maybe one day you'll get over it and start enjoying games for what they are - entertainment. You've already made up your mind. Consoles are pieces of **** that are ruining the gaming industry, something you have no ties to after entertainment purposes; which doesn't even exist anymore apparently. The inferior console peasants are holding the entitled PC gaming gods back. You can't argue with that level of deluded arrogance.
Or maybe you're just incapable of picking out the faults in consoles?

I don't think you understand. I am a DEVOUT console gamer. I own every single console since the beginning of video games, save for a PS3. I haven't had a dedicated PC to game on in over 3 years.

You're the one being too arrogant to accept that consoles really need to change in order for the gaming industry as a whole to change.

Nowhere have we said that consoles are ruining gaming. Jesus ****, you're not even reading what we're saying.

Let's reiterate in hopes that you can fathom this concept, again.

The CURRENT GENERATION has reached its potential. There is no longer any technological headroom to advance them, save for more add on peripherals (which are NOT the answer).

Is that really that hard to comprehend?
__________________
All of which makes me anxious; at times unbearably so.
komodo-117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:16 PM #81
ayabrae
 
 
ayabrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
So the crysis and battlefield devs are just arrogant trolls?
No, that's only you because you're not invested into their games like they are. You're merely the consumer. However, the Crysis and Battlefield developers have businesses to run. Developing on the PC isn't lucrative enough for them to pursue it exclusively. You can just as easily blame piracy, the inaccessibility of PC gaming, social stigma in the US, etc. But above all else, you can blame money.
ayabrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:20 PM #82
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayabrae View Post
No, that's only you because you're not invested into their games like they are. You're merely the consumer. However, the Crysis and Battlefield developers have businesses to run. Developing on the PC isn't lucrative enough for them to pursue it exclusively. You can just as easily blame piracy, the inaccessibility of PC gaming, social stigma in the US, etc. But above all else, you can blame money.
The devs say themselves they're being held back because of hardware limitations. Why is it wrong for me to want to axe these limitations so that they can create a better product that I can consume?

We're not saying we want consoles to go away, we just want to bring them into the next gen.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:22 PM #83
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
The devs say themselves they're being held back because of hardware limitations. Why is it wrong for me to want to axe these limitations so that they can create a better product that I can consume?

We're not saying we want consoles to go away, we just want to bring them into the next gen.
And plenty of devs are doing just fine creating some of the best looking games to date.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:23 PM #84
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
And plenty of devs are doing just fine creating some of the best looking games to date.
That doesn't address my point at all.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump