Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-11-2011, 08:59 PM #1
DRTHV8R

intimidator project

so i was wondering if anybody has measurements/diagrams for an alias intimidator. i mean measurements inside and out, thread types (i though i may have seen a thread around here with that) and tap/die sizes, tolerances, ect. also wondering the same measurements and dimensions on a gen4 frame and/or an etek3 frame.

i've been planning an intimidator project for awhile and now have decided to get a start on it before i'm done with this semester of college and lose my privileges on the cnc mill and all the other fun toys for the summer.

i would throw a micrometer or caliper on it myself, but i can't really have them in the dorm room or the labs to do so.

if i can get these initial measurements, i will update on my drafting/drawings and 3d modeling as I go if anyone is interested.

thanks ahead of time
DRTHV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2011, 01:19 PM #2
DRTHV8R

well since people are viewing this thread but no one is posting, i spose i can post up the mission behind the madness

this picture is absolutely not to scale, just did it in about 5 mins to show what i'm trying to accomplish with this project

as you can see, i'm trying to eliminate the ram sleeve, add qevs, and eliminate the front block as the main parts of this project. i may do some other stuff along the way like my own adjustable back-cap or something of that nature, but more or less i'm just making a different and more complex body for an intimidator

also, you can see the gen4 frame in the picture. the only reason i am debating using an etek3 frame is cause you can buy them new as an all metal upgrade for the lts.

comments, questions, suggestions are always welcome. i'd really enjoy measurements though so I can throw it in a 3d modeling program and even possibly get the machining code down for the cnc.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:18 PM #3
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

so your HPR is the stab mounted at the bottom of the frame and that will feed the dump chamber and lpr via the macro fitting forward of the frame?

sounds cool, but your best bet is to just get a timmy and get all those measurements yourself unfortunately

good luck though

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:15 PM #4
DRTHV8R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
so your HPR is the stab mounted at the bottom of the frame and that will feed the dump chamber and lpr via the macro fitting forward of the frame?

sounds cool, but your best bet is to just get a timmy and get all those measurements yourself unfortunately

good luck though
yeah that's exactly how i want it to work. the main idea is eliminating the front block. should make getting at the poppet and general maintenance a bit easier.

and thats what i was afraid of if no one had the measurements handy. its kinda hard (not entirely legal) for me to have a paintball marker here at school, much less sneak it into a lab to get micrometers and calipers on it. i might send BLAST an email later this week asking if they will cough up any info, otherwise i just might have to wait till the end of the semester to get measurements over the summer and then start it up next semester again.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:21 PM #5
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Blast does not answer emails, you would have to call. Or post up in the intimidator section for the info.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:34 PM #6
DRTHV8R

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Blast does not answer emails, you would have to call. Or post up in the intimidator section for the info.
thanks for the heads up
Old 03-14-2011, 08:11 AM #7
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
second thing would be to break down the components and measure them individually.

if i had some calipers handy id offer some measurements.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:26 PM #8
Leafy
Uses the man pedal

Leafy helped look for balloons
Honestly i would keep the ram sleeve. It'll make this project significantly easier.
Gear Bag Sale!

Feedback More Feedback
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 PM #9
DRTHV8R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
Honestly i would keep the ram sleeve. It'll make this project significantly easier.
yeah but i think i can cut a lot of weight on the body without it. and who doesn't like a challenge
Old 03-14-2011, 08:43 PM #10
Leafy
Uses the man pedal

Leafy helped look for balloons
I think you can cut even more weight from the body if you use it.
Gear Bag Sale!

Feedback More Feedback
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote