Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-08-2010, 08:58 PM #1
ahnestly
Colorado Cobras

ahnestly supports Team VICIOUS
ahnestly posts videos on PbNation
psp adjustments

Lengthen the field 10 feet per side (Total size will now be 120 x 170 feet)
Eliminate Pit-side coaching and communication
Field Layouts will not be released prior to the events
Adjust position of bunkers to better suit a wider variety of players
Adjust classification system for D1 - Pro, now that the Semi-Pro division is absent
What's your thoughts!?
COBRA KAI #11
| BLITZ | RAZA Life | CK Contract Killer | RIVAL | DYNAMICpb |
MacDev CLONE #0545
2010 Blitz D2 Series Champs
ahnestly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2010, 09:07 PM #2
forgiven2008
Boomer Sooner

forgiven2008 donated to help Peyton Trent
forgiven2008 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 is Legendary
1. This is going to suck for field owners because they have to lengthen their fields to comply with the standards and will also have to buy a new kit for their field if they want the up to date bunkers. for the players though I don't see a huge problem with this

2. pit-side coaching being taken out I think is stupid since the dorito player won't have a coach but the snake will still have one.

3. not releasing the layouts is a good idea I think so that all teams will be on an even playing field with each other

4. I really don't have any thing to say about this. I'm a bigger guy and I play the bunkers perfectly fine.

5. I saw this coming since semi-pro was taken out
forgiven2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:16 PM #3
ColoradoFuel5
Nick M.

Annual Supporting Member
props psp, extending the field is a great idea, in my book. it will just be a wider NPPL field, and less couching is a major improvement, less coaching, less robots, more individual skill brought out.

i like the no layout idea, because like josh said, some people dont have that luxury. I think this adjustment is taking it back to paintball is paintball, and thats what i like to see.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4023444
ColoradoFuel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:10 PM #4
dirtykidsbrad
Fly High Krew

has been a member for 10 years
dirtykidsbrad plays in the PSP
dirtykidsbrad owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtykidsbrad plays in the APPA D4 division
looks like psp may have found the way to really take over the national tournament scene.

Rival Limited, LLC.
dirtykidsbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:17 PM #5
madmike19
Mile High Saints Open #9

madmike19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
madmike19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
madmike19 supports Team VICIOUS
From the PSP site: "The field layouts have not been friendly to larger players" but to be honest, its the same with other sports... you dont see a bunch of really tiny guys in the NBA.

The rest of the changes are very interesting, and overall seem good for the league (especially in becoming the dominant format of paintball... finally, some unity in the sport)
Ballin' in the 303 baby!!! MHS Open #9
DARK Vampire SL94
madmike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:38 AM #6
Misha"mole"yelich
MISHKA

Misha"mole"yelich supports Team VICIOUS
wish all coaching was gone, makes you a much better team if you have to rely on each other for player positions. Makes communication absolutely key.
Misha"mole"yelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:22 AM #7
zmatrix
Szymon Wolowiec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha"mole"yelich View Post
wish all coaching was gone, makes you a much better team if you have to rely on each other for player positions. Makes communication absolutely key.
and semi-auto.shooting your gun is a skill. if you cant roll your gun than your s.o.l.

Correcting grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."

Dynamic Sponsored (Thanks Mike)

SIN-MATE
zmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:16 PM #8
Stepchild
You wanna know why......?

Stepchild is a Moderator
Stepchild is a Supporting Member
Stepchild is a founding member
Stepchild plays in the PSP
dey took me jooooooooooooooob. At least I will still have a voice after an event. Thats pretty cool.

And to the person who said that only the snake side would have coaches. THink about it this way. If they are not releasing the field layouts, there is a possibility that the snake or the doritos could be pit side now, which is kinda cool.
Dirt Products
www.blitzpaintball.net www.planeteclipse.com www.hustlepaintball.com

RIP Rusty Fox. You were my brother and my friend. You will never be forgotten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPZs_Nj65M8
Stepchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:20 PM #9
Stepchild
You wanna know why......?

Stepchild is a Moderator
Stepchild is a Supporting Member
Stepchild is a founding member
Stepchild plays in the PSP
Quote:
This is not always true. Both have there benefits and downfalls.
Dirt Products
www.blitzpaintball.net www.planeteclipse.com www.hustlepaintball.com

RIP Rusty Fox. You were my brother and my friend. You will never be forgotten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPZs_Nj65M8
Stepchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:48 PM #10
Poopshute
Chex5: "Um... shoot!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike19 View Post
From the PSP site: "The field layouts have not been friendly to larger players" but to be honest, its the same with other sports... you dont see a bunch of really tiny guys in the NBA.

The rest of the changes are very interesting, and overall seem good for the league (especially in becoming the dominant format of paintball... finally, some unity in the sport)

But paintball has some of the fattest people and also some of the smallest people in any sport I've played. There's such a huge variety. Other sports (mainstream mainly) cater to a certain type of person. Football still requires you to be big muscular wise regardless of your body type.

Regardless... GO CU!

I'm a little bummed that field layouts won't be released prior. Mainly because I see it as a battle plan. Then again, I'm mainly talking about Blitz. Wonder what the tourney schedule will be like. Doubt Issac will release plans for whatever field layout they'll use. Means getting to the field earlier to walk it. There goes my beauty sleep!
Mile High Saints #1 Stunna! Wha, wha, wha, wha, WHA!
BLITZ PAINTBALL
My DM7, it makes me happy!!!

GO BUFFS
Poopshute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:21 PM #11
dirtykidsbrad
Fly High Krew

Quote:
By allowing coaching, you allow crowd involvement, a critical and key part of taking paintball mainstream. If you went to a hockey game and were told you couldn't scream anything related to the game in process, you probably wouldn't go to many hockey games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmatrix View Post
and semi-auto.shooting your gun is a skill. if you cant roll your gun than your s.o.l.
If everyone is on the same exact regulated gun mode then there can be no advantage given to a player that has a cheating gun. It also makes it so that the refs can catch the cheaters by just listening. If you really want to play in semi auto, cap it at 12.5.

Rival Limited, LLC.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:01 PM #12
Poopshute
Chex5: "Um... shoot!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtykidsbrad View Post
If everyone is on the same exact regulated gun mode then there can be no advantage given to a player that has a cheating gun. It also makes it so that the refs can catch the cheaters by just listening. If you really want to play in semi auto, cap it at 12.5.
True dat (kinda)! I believe gun shooting skills should be cherished however, I know that "semi-modes" can be tweaked so much that it's virtually a ramping gun. Where to draw the line? Having an "allowed" cheating mode (which, in essence is what 12.5 ramp is), allows for control as Brad already stated.
Mile High Saints #1 Stunna! Wha, wha, wha, wha, WHA!
BLITZ PAINTBALL
My DM7, it makes me happy!!!

GO BUFFS
Poopshute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:11 PM #13
R.I.P. Doughboi

R.I.P. Doughboi plays in the PSP
R.I.P. Doughboi plays in the APPA D3 division
R.I.P. Doughboi supports DLX Technology
its ****ing Stupid.
PSP Was Fine The Way It Was.
1 The Field Lenght Was Fine
2 Fat People Need To Lose Wieght to Play Paintball We Shouldnt Adjust For them They Should Adjust To Us.
3. How are You Really Gonna Get The Best Competition OF Play Without hAving Teams Practice The Layout, Theres Really No Point Of Practice Anymore Cause There's Nothing To Practice For.
4. Why Get Rid Of Pit Coaching?!
R.I.P. Doughboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:36 PM #14
Lomarandil
SPPL/UWL Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P. Doughboi View Post
its ****ing Stupid.
3. How are You Really Gonna Get The Best Competition OF Play Without hAving Teams Practice The Layout, Theres Really No Point Of Practice Anymore Cause There's Nothing To Practice For....

Perfect! I love this attitude. Can't wait to play your team

If you think walking a PSP field before a tournament is too hard for ya.. try walking a UWL field..
Lomarandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:20 PM #15
tenac1

tenac1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tenac1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
For inexperienced teams, no coaching will help like crazy because a coach makes a huge difference even for a ****ty team i say itd level the playing field

SPG
tenac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:07 AM #16
ColoradoFuel5
Nick M.

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P. Doughboi View Post
its ****ing Stupid.
PSP Was Fine The Way It Was.
1 The Field Lenght Was Fine
2 Fat People Need To Lose Wieght to Play Paintball We Shouldnt Adjust For them They Should Adjust To Us.
3. How are You Really Gonna Get The Best Competition OF Play Without hAving Teams Practice The Layout, Theres Really No Point Of Practice Anymore Cause There's Nothing To Practice For.
4. Why Get Rid Of Pit Coaching?!
Haha, who are you..?
1. You play on a psp field, and have never played on a NPPL field, from this post. They did this to make games more interesting, to bump aggresion up the field on the break, which in turn will make for better game play from a public point of view. Also makes teams that play whats left of the NPPL and PSP have less of a struggle with transition. Which in turn will draw more teams.

2. paintball is a non discriminating sport. This is a move to also bring more teams. And its not for FAT people necessarily, but for us guys that are 6'2-6'7. Yes there a heavier people also, but i have seen some heavy people throw some wale down on some skinny guys. If you cant talk with your gun and your skill, ans are insecure that adjusting to fit these type of players, then maybe this isnt the sport for you.

3. Not every team has a field that has the bunkers needed to replicate the field, not showing the layouts will bring out the best competition on how the teams can rapidly adapt. Back in the day this was how it was done. You guys are spoiled now a days. Practice should be about honing your skills no matter what. Not becoming a robot.

4. ROBOTS THATS WHY. thats why they got rid of it, coaching was introduced to seem like most popular mainstream sports. Less coaching only makes you a better player in a sense. When player on player is being factored. Like state each formant has its pros and cons. NPPL and PSP.

and brad, i like semi because rolling my gun is a skill i honed. I set all my guns to be as legal as the board will let me, full debounce, full M bounce, and NPPL semi auto. I took pride in being called a cheater with my gun, yet when anyone shot any of my guns, they couldnt understand why it wasnt as fast, refs, other players.

The best was when i used a virtued ion at the PARK once and the reff said it was ramping (i had the trigger set all wack, cause the pre and post travel screws fell out, the first game) he shot a whole hopper threw it at like 6 bps, then gave it to me and said you shoot it, and i ripped a easy 15bps out of it, and he just tucked his tail and said get off my field. lol.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:46 AM #17
Chex5
All I Do iS F-ING WIN!!!!

Chex5 plays in the PSP
Chex5 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Chex5 donated to help Peyton Trent
Chex5 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoFuel5 View Post
Haha, who are you..?
1. You play on a psp field, and have never played on a NPPL field, from this post. They did this to make games more interesting, to bump aggresion up the field on the break, which in turn will make for better game play from a public point of view. Also makes teams that play whats left of the NPPL and PSP have less of a struggle with transition. Which in turn will draw more teams.

2. paintball is a non discriminating sport. This is a move to also bring more teams. And its not for FAT people necessarily, but for us guys that are 6'2-6'7. Yes there a heavier people also, but i have seen some heavy people throw some wale down on some skinny guys. If you cant talk with your gun and your skill, ans are insecure that adjusting to fit these type of players, then maybe this isnt the sport for you.

3. Not every team has a field that has the bunkers needed to replicate the field, not showing the layouts will bring out the best competition on how the teams can rapidly adapt. Back in the day this was how it was done. You guys are spoiled now a days. Practice should be about honing your skills no matter what. Not becoming a robot.

4. ROBOTS THATS WHY. thats why they got rid of it, coaching was introduced to seem like most popular mainstream sports. Less coaching only makes you a better player in a sense. When player on player is being factored. Like state each formant has its pros and cons. NPPL and PSP.

and brad, i like semi because rolling my gun is a skill i honed. I set all my guns to be as legal as the board will let me, full debounce, full M bounce, and NPPL semi auto. I took pride in being called a cheater with my gun, yet when anyone shot any of my guns, they couldnt understand why it wasnt as fast, refs, other players.

The best was when i used a virtued ion at the PARK once and the reff said it was ramping (i had the trigger set all wack, cause the pre and post travel screws fell out, the first game) he shot a whole hopper threw it at like 6 bps, then gave it to me and said you shoot it, and i ripped a easy 15bps out of it, and he just tucked his tail and said get off my field. lol.
im defintley gonna have to disagree with you on number 4 especially since you havent played a psp event no offense the cliche term players are robotic is one of the biggest bs statements ever i personally dont always listen to my coach when he tells me to move and neither do most players in the psp we all trust our instinct over the coaches.
You really have to be athletic to play in the psp cause you have to try to make it through 12.5 bps lanes not as easy as a lot of you think.

when someone comes to bunker you have to have cat like reflex's when your coach tells you he's coming to try to get him first or trade out with him.

Another thing about coaching is 90% of time you cant hear your coaches.

I dont like the new rules one bit I think there ridiculous I like the fact that psp is more of an aggressive format as to were nppl is more of a sit back and wait game now the psp is gonna be like the nppl in a small way which is gonna suck no offense to the nppl cause I do like the nppl.

I have other points and opinions that I will add to this post later gotta get back to packing for my trip. And I wanna do it on my computer instead of my phone

But until you have played the psp and actually experienced it and the format you really dont know what your talking about.

Mile High Saints NPPL
Blitz Paintball
American Paintball Coliseum
Chex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:01 PM #18
ColoradoFuel5
Nick M.

Annual Supporting Member
At the pro level when someone is paying a coach, most often, when that coach tells you to do something, you best do it. Term robotic. You think your instinct is better than a seasoned veteran who often is coaching at that level, its not. And not doing what your told at that level, is a good way to get you sat. Your easily replaced.

most often not the term robot doesnt come into effect. But its pretty funny watching teams getting rolled rather easily without coaching who are used to having it, during a practice. I have seen it several times. I have seen open(psp) players stack up against majority rookie players and play on the psp field at blitz and get stomped cause there was no coaching that game.

I think coaching should be something teams train without, and then utilize at events. It will make you better players and a stronger team overall
Old 12-16-2010, 02:16 AM #19
whiteytheoutlaw
RIP Rex

whiteytheoutlaw owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
whiteytheoutlaw is an NCPA player
whiteytheoutlaw plays in the APPA beginner division
whiteytheoutlaw has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I think that we should all just remember that paintball is just really ****ing fun.

BLITZ
RIVAL
whiteytheoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:33 PM #20
bigbadbabey

bigbadbabey plays in the PSP
bigbadbabey donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteytheoutlaw View Post
I think that we should all just remember that paintball is just really ****ing fun.

O-ring Diagrams:
Ego
Geo
Etek
bigbadbabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:35 AM #21
dirtykidsbrad
Fly High Krew

nick, i agree with you.. shooting guns super fast is always fun.. when I went to dynamic and played with crash for a couple weekends they all gave me **** (the fun kind) at the beginning for being a psp player and not being able to shoot fast. at the end of the day, my gun said 21, and i wasn't missing anyone in lanes and had no problem putting people back in their bunkers (this is where i pull out the laughable 'i played semi-pro nppl when i was 15 years old' card). I have no problem with semi, but I think that 12.5 has standardized a part of the game and has helped remove cheating guns.

to the list that everyone is hammering:
1. it's paintball, who cares if it's a bigger field.
2. it's paintball, who cares if there are bigger bunkers.
3. releasing layouts early was something that I don't think many teams took advantage of fully. one of the biggest progressions that I have made as a player in the last two years of playing PSP is understanding how to look at a field as a bunch of zones. you need to be able to identify the most important zones and make sure that the 5 guns on the field are pointing at the 5 specific zones. this sounds much simpler than it is to actually execute. i always think back to our 7 minute point against the foreign team at cup last year.. we both nailed our zone coverage and no one could do anything. we can compare the change to a football game. the defense may be playing a zone coverage - they don't know exactly what the offense is going to do, but if every man covers their specific zone, the play is neutralized. this is how teams are going to have to react to the different, relatively unknown layouts now.
4. removing coaching from pit side is fine. but, they have nailed it on the head by allowing coaching on the spectator side. why? because it allows the crowd to interact (yell whatever they want, like other "pro" sports), something the nppl does not have and is hurting its ability to have a mainstream draw.

Rival Limited, LLC.
ReplyRegional Ups