PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 03:26 PM #64
ayabrae

K, so 1 megabit then (he said 100kb)

Xcato; if a friend has it downloaded then put the patch on a flash drive. Alternatively, I don't think you'll need to patch to 4.X once Cata is released. So you can just wait. Make sure you buy a hard-copy of the game though.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2010, 03:29 PM #65
Xcato
Midwest Hustla

Xcato supports Team VICIOUS
Xcato is for the Gunfight
Slow as ****, that's all I know.

Can I just burn the files onto a CD from my laptop then throw the files onto my desktop and save time?
Old 12-04-2010, 03:29 PM #66
xXxDoogDinxXx
Party Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
Woaahhhhh I want two for my DK

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=56430#.

I didn't know they were adding strength 1 handers, this is win.
And now Fury warriors can finally go Single Minded Fury spec with weapons that ACTUALLY are made for them. o_O crazy right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcato View Post
Slow as ****, that's all I know.

Can I just burn the files onto a CD from my laptop then throw the files onto my desktop and save time?
That'll take forever as well. my WoW folder is 30 gigs.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:33 PM #67
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxDoogDinxXx View Post
And now Fury warriors can finally go Single Minded Fury spec with weapons that ACTUALLY are made for them. o_O crazy right?
yea really lol, agi/haste isn't a complete waste on DK's, but it's far from ideal lol.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 12-04-2010, 03:33 PM #68
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Mustang7302 is a founding member
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by (O'.')-o View Post
Downloading a 9gb patch is like stabbing yourself with a dull knife when your isp is Comcast, who has been proven, and is in a lawsuit for slowing down packet transfr rates >.<
Way to be behind the news... That's been in and out of court, with settlements, and new 200Gb bandwidth caps.

I just pulled down the 9 Gb client on my wife's machine last night in about an hour and a half; that's averaging ~3MB/s (~25Mb/s) with Comcast's D3 enhanced Blast! tier of service.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Old 12-04-2010, 03:35 PM #69
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

I'm on roadrunner cable, so i just wait for late at night 2am+ to do bigass patches usually since my connection goes from 10Mb to about 30.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 12-04-2010, 03:35 PM #70
xXxDoogDinxXx
Party Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
yea really lol, agi/haste isn't a complete waste on DK's, but it's far from ideal lol.
It was always funny hearing rogues/shamans/hunters rage when dk's and warriors rolled on their **** though.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:37 PM #71
Xcato
Midwest Hustla

Quote:

That'll take forever as well. my WoW folder is 30 gigs.
I have the game installed, just need the 4.0 and shattering patch. So it won't be the whole WoW folder.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:40 PM #72
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
It was always funny hearing rogues/shamans/hunters rage when dk's and warriors rolled on their **** though.
yea i caught so much **** when i rolled on and won one of my nighttimes, the other 2 dps were a rogue and a hunter.

luckily with the frost giants cleavers it was guild runs and people weren't such *******es.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:06 PM #73
ayabrae

Quote:
I have the game installed, just need the 4.0 and shattering patch. So it won't be the whole WoW folder.
No you can't. Do you have a 10+ gb flash drive or media player?
Old 12-04-2010, 04:14 PM #74
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

you can also break up the whole install over a couple DVD's
Old 12-04-2010, 04:35 PM #75
Xcato
Midwest Hustla

I have a 16gb flash drive. I could buy a 10pack or whatever of DvD-Rs at walmart.

On my laptop, I have everything current and can play but its pentium 4(aka old) so wanting to play on new gaming rig asap.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:36 PM #76
(O'.')-o

Quote:
I don't have comcast, I have some local crap because I live .5 a mile outside of town and comcast can't do my area. I have a **** 1.0MB/s bandwith

Edit* can I just copy the files from my laptop which have WoW installed, and stick them onto my new desktop? Would that be possible/way faster?
Yes but run the repair, things will be missing and need to be put in proper locations.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:40 PM #77
ayabrae

Quote:
I have a 16gb flash drive. I could buy a 10pack or whatever of DvD-Rs at walmart.

On my laptop, I have everything current and can play but its pentium 4(aka old) so wanting to play on new gaming rig asap.
Just use the flash drive, much much simpler.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:44 PM #78
bubba0315

anyone pushing for realm firsts whether its 85 or professions?
Old 12-04-2010, 04:45 PM #79
Xcato
Midwest Hustla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayabrae View Post
Just use the flash drive, much much simpler.
Can you post the direct path to the files I will need to store on the flash drive? I have window's 7 if that makes a difference on the pathing.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:07 PM #80
ayabrae

I PMED you; youe whole WoW folder.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:34 PM #81
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

he doesn't need the whole thing, moving the right patch files in the update folder and then running the blizzard updater should knock out most of the download.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:43 PM #82
ayabrae

You need to copy everything with patch 4.0
Old 12-04-2010, 06:10 PM #83
Michael Barch
Love to Hate

Michael Barch is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba0315 View Post
anyone pushing for realm firsts whether its 85 or professions?
I'm usually not one to even try because there are always people on my server that do this with way more help and motivation than me. A person in my guild is going to try for server first cooking I believe, she wants to get Paladin too but this guy will get it guaranteed. This person has been known to have no life at all dating back to original wow beta and release. He was server first rank 14, server first 70, server first 80, guild with server first magic seeker, naxx, etc. My guild beat his to 0 yogg 1st though, so I guess thats one way I beat him. I used to be in his guild and he did nothing but cyber in vent with some chick all night, it was pretty sad.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-a... +Mediocre+Men

Last edited by Michael Barch : 12-04-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:21 PM #84
DiStUrBeD-SoP-
We want the airwaves back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Barch View Post
I'm usually not one to even try because there are always people on my server that do this with way more help and motivation than me. A person in my guild is going to try for server first cooking I believe, she wants to get Paladin too but this guy will get it guaranteed. This person has been known to have no life at all dating back to original wow beta and release. He was server first rank 14, server first 70, server first 80, guild with server first magic seeker, naxx, etc. My guild beat his to 0 yogg 1st though, so I guess thats one way I beat him. I used to be in his guild and he did nothing but cyber in vent with some chick all night, it was pretty sad.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-a... +Mediocre+Men
Sounds like he's livin the dream :o

I tried for realm first herbalist and was beaten by ~3mins. Pissed me off so much. I won't be trying for cata though because I have to drive to Manhattan on wednesday and I want to main with my shaman anyway.
Closed Thread