PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-06-2010, 10:21 PM #22
nevekd128

Quote:
Originally Posted by paint_sprayer10 View Post
im sorry but there is no way in hell i would shoot a pmr (and i had one, ul and yakd) over my dm11. Theres times im tempted to pull out the 7 over the 11, but the 11 feels so much better in your hands with the new frame, if you havent atleast held one, i would retract that statement until you do. Its by far the best feeling gun (nt included same frame) that ive ever shot.
i agree
im not gonna speak for the Dm 11 or nt as ive never shot those, but just from owning a pm6, pm7uld, and pm8 and a g3 (only have pm7 and 8 now)
and shooting a luxe, and a few DMs a 7 and a 9, there is no way i feel a pmr could compete with shot to shot smoothness especially without an lpr. The g3 i think kicked and was louder due to the dump value type spool and because of the lack of an lpr. not saying pmr is bad, im just saying that alot of people would not agree with you about taking a pmr over new higher end markers. And remember Paint ball is a sport about the thickness of your wallet. more money positively corresponds to what you're getting, not necessarily experience but equipment for sure.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2010, 11:30 PM #23
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by l)eathwish_MN View Post
Well I don't know about you guys but personally I'd rather rock my 2007 pmr with this frame or say a dm7 than buy a brand new 2011 DM, for both the cost-savings aspect and just that I don't like being the guy on the field with the $1200+ gun.
I can understand what you are saying. You would rather shoot something that you are comfortable with then go out of your way to attain a marker that you dont necessarily feel like you "need" in order to be a better player.

At the same time i understand that when you have the means to own a brand new 2011... why not? you work hard, you deserve it, life is short. Back when i used to play consistently i had all of the top of the line gear because it was the little things that helped. Plus the industry needs you guys whether it be adults or kids that get their gear from their parents.

Now, ive moved away from the sport aspect of paintball and more so turned it into a hobby, going out to play once in a while. I found a marker that i am comfortable with and intend on keeping it until i want something new or start playing competitively again.
da oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:04 AM #24
nevekd128

Quote:
Originally Posted by da oreo View Post
I can understand what you are saying. You would rather shoot something that you are comfortable with then go out of your way to attain a marker that you dont necessarily feel like you "need" in order to be a better player.

At the same time i understand that when you have the means to own a brand new 2011... why not? you work hard, you deserve it, life is short. Back when i used to play consistently i had all of the top of the line gear because it was the little things that helped. Plus the industry needs you guys whether it be adults or kids that get their gear from their parents.

Now, ive moved away from the sport aspect of paintball and more so turned it into a hobby, going out to play once in a while. I found a marker that i am comfortable with and intend on keeping it until i want something new or start playing competitively again.
feel ya there.
i only play 8-10 times a year due to going away for college, and having no car to get to SCP or Davis PB, but i wouldn't consider upgrading from what i have, its a hobby too in my nature of play
Old 12-07-2010, 12:30 AM #25
paint_sprayer10
Cock and Balls

paint_sprayer10 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paint_sprayer10 supports Team VICIOUS
paint_sprayer10 posts videos on PbNation
paint_sprayer10 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevekd128 View Post
i agree
im not gonna speak for the Dm 11 or nt as ive never shot those, but just from owning a pm6, pm7uld, and pm8 and a g3 (only have pm7 and 8 now)
and shooting a luxe, and a few DMs a 7 and a 9, there is no way i feel a pmr could compete with shot to shot smoothness especially without an lpr. The g3 i think kicked and was louder due to the dump value type spool and because of the lack of an lpr. not saying pmr is bad, im just saying that alot of people would not agree with you about taking a pmr over new higher end markers. And remember Paint ball is a sport about the thickness of your wallet. more money positively corresponds to what you're getting, not necessarily experience but equipment for sure.
exactly, i havent gotten a chance to tune mine yet because it isnt fully broken in, but i plan on messing with it a little once my bolt is back from pooty wednesday. You dont even need to shoot one. Next time you go to a shop or see someone with an nt or an 11 just hold it. Its amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da oreo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevekd128 View Post
feel ya there.
i only play 8-10 times a year due to going away for college, and having no car to get to SCP or Davis PB, but i wouldn't consider upgrading from what i have, its a hobby too in my nature of play
This is exactly how i feel too, if your playing rec then its somewhat pointless to drop a lot of cash on a gun that wont be used much. However we have atleast 10 tournaments scheduled this year and a few CFOA events, thats why i went out and bought an 11.
-Zephyr Paintball
-412 Productions

G6R Luxe1.5
paint_sprayer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:48 PM #26
proto_oli
INERTIA

proto_oli plays in the PSP
proto_oli supports DLX Technology
I didnt bother to read much of the other posts.. but I regularly chat with a Dye tech on Skype, and I also asked him the same question, but I did not get a definitive answer, he said something like "ummm I think it might" :nododgy:
Old 12-10-2010, 02:12 PM #27
nevekd128

Quote:
Originally Posted by proto_oli View Post
I didnt bother to read much of the other posts.. but I regularly chat with a Dye tech on Skype, and I also asked him the same question, but I did not get a definitive answer, he said something like "ummm I think it might" :nododgy:
well even if it does, unless dye sells it as an after market upgrade, youd be hard pressed to find someone willing to part a frame from a dm11