PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-15-2010, 12:33 PM #1
supakamario
Skill not Ramping

supakamario plays in the APPA D5 division
luxe barrels

why is it that i never see anyone useing anything other than stock barrels on their luxe? does it shoot that much better with the freak, or do you guys just never try anything else, ive owned dm's shockers, 09 impulse and run ul barrels on all of them.............What barrel/s do u have and y?
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2010, 12:43 PM #2
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Deathwish_DW helped look for balloons
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathwish_DW supports Sherwood Forest
Deathwish_DW is Legendary
Deathwish_DW supports DLX Technology
Disruptive Customs barrel FTW.
Better than the Furious and Freak.
Freak barrels are garbage quality.. the Luxe freak just looks nice.

Becker@BeckerPaintball.com

Proud Dealer of:DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
*!* eBay◄2346+ PBNation◄310+ *!*
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:59 PM #3
XxHeadShotzxX

XxHeadShotzxX donated to help Peyton Trent
XxHeadShotzxX is playing at Living Legends III
XxHeadShotzxX posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post
Disruptive Customs barrel FTW.
Better than the Furious and Freak.
Freak barrels are garbage quality.. the Luxe freak just looks nice.
Really? LOL......do you know anything of what you are talking about?

The only thing the paintball is going through/touching is the insert itself, after that the paintball will project through the rest of the barrel without touching (this is with all two piece and insert barrels on the market today), so the barrel in itself doesnt make a difference, its the insert that does.

Unless you are buying a full one piece kit of lets say 7 different barrel sizes then everything is the same inrelation to two piece and insert barrels(except of the materials it is comprised of, ex metal, carbon fiber). Plus the freak inserts are the longest ones on the market.
XxHeadShotzxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:37 PM #4
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
I use the freak because the barrel matches the gun. I also like the fact that I can get .679 inserts for smaller bore paint. Inserts are cheap so if you screw one up picking up another is easy. Try buying 8 different UL backs.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:17 PM #5
icygrip
^rs

Annual Supporting Member
icygrip plays in the APPA D5 division
icygrip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
icygrip has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
icygrip has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
freaks are no barrels, thats y every uses them
icygrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:42 PM #6
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHeadShotzxX View Post
Really? LOL......do you know anything of what you are talking about?

The only thing the paintball is going through/touching is the insert itself, after that the paintball will project through the rest of the barrel without touching (this is with all two piece and insert barrels on the market today), so the barrel in itself doesnt make a difference, its the insert that does.

Unless you are buying a full one piece kit of lets say 7 different barrel sizes then everything is the same inrelation to two piece and insert barrels(except of the materials it is comprised of, ex metal, carbon fiber). Plus the freak inserts are the longest ones on the market.
No Need to get your panties in a bunch.

And Yeah, I actually DO know what I am talking about.
It's not my fault you are an ignorant and indolent ****.

The tolerances on the freaks SUCK and they are not worth the money.

And you're wrong. The porting, honing, and bore size among other things in the tip affect the paintball during flight.

I've spent over $600 finding "The Best" barrel I could find.
Furious is second, DP is first. Prior to those, I was shooting a CP kit sicne my freak kit was so ****ty. And Yeah, I mic'd them out for size as well as bought two regular kits and 3 SS kits.

TL;DR:
XxHeadShotzxX is a fanboy.
I've tried many barrels, and the freak system is not up to par with everything else available.

Proud Dealer of:DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs

Last edited by Deathwish_DW : 11-15-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:51 PM #7
PaintballPimp458
Keep It Palatial.

PaintballPimp458 supports Team VICIOUS
PaintballPimp458 posts videos on PbNation
PaintballPimp458 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaintballPimp458 is attending Decay of Nations VI
i have a stiffi and like it a lot.

Gear Sale: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4460945
VideoGames and Room Clearout: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4411921
WTB Hybrid Tech Contract Killer Stickers PM ME

Tutorial: How to leave PBNation Feedback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh3mpOtmxYc
PaintballPimp458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:57 PM #8
supakamario
Skill not Ramping

i see i started some ish, which wasnt my point. ive noticed for instance with my nxt, the freak doesnt have that dromatic drop of @ the end like my ul. i love ul barrels, but if im playin back, i use freak cause its flatter. i just ordered a luxe, and wanted some actual factual bassed comparisions. thx ahead
Old 11-15-2010, 07:02 PM #9
XxHeadShotzxX

XxHeadShotzxX donated to help Peyton Trent
XxHeadShotzxX is playing at Living Legends III
XxHeadShotzxX posts videos on PbNation
I have used all the top level barrels. Plus I am not a fan boy. I was sponsored by Eclipse and have utilized the deadly winds and several other barrels like Sly and Dye over the course of my time. I have also always owned bob long guns and I just recently got a Luxe in a trade that I havent even shot yet!!!! But your idea inrelation to barrels is WRONG.

I just don't think you have looked in the technical research about how it DOES not direct the flight of the ball due to the fact that it isnt touching.

Yes certain materials create more friction but that is when you are utilizing one piece sizes (ex: flatline tipmann barrels). And obviously the insert BORE is what makes the difference not the tip, the larger tip decreases the overall weight and muffle the guns sound output depending apon the bore size and what material is used, those are the two reason dye utilizes the different tips.

Also portings main role is to reduce overall noise levels by venting excess air pressure behind a paintball before the paintball leaves the barrel.Also accuracy is created by Paint to barrel match (insert or back to a two piece, NOT a tip), paint consistency, shot per shot velocity consistency, and the stability of the shooting platform.

And if you spent 600 dollars to find the best barrel then you are completely mistaken because you are shooting a ball filled with paint, not a bullet. Paintballs can only be so accurate and normally depends apon the paint you are shooting and NOT the barrel.

Quote:
No Need to get your panties in a bunch.

And Yeah, I actually DO know what I am talking about.
It's not my fault you and ignorant and idolent ****.

The tolerances on the freaks SUCK and they are not worth the money.

And you're wrong. The porting, honing, and bore size among other things in the tip affect the paintball during flight.

I've spent over $600 finding "The Best" barrel I could find.
Furious is second, DP is first. Prior to those, I was shooting a CP kit sicne my freak kit was so ****ty. And Yeah, I mic'd them out for size as well as bought two regular kits and 3 SS kits.

TL;DR:
XxHeadShotzxX is a fanboy.
I've tried many barrels, and the freak system is not up to par with everything else available.
XxHeadShotzxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:35 PM #10
matm

my personal favorite is the deadlywind barrel it worked great and it used inserts, the only reason i dont use it anymore is because it was cocker threaded and it wouldent fit on my luxe. i prefer inserts over barrel backs anyway because they are relativley inexpensive and you get more options. they are quite useful also when it comes to reballs, using a standard barrel causes them to curve wildly at any sort of distance but if you use a reball insert there is no problems. i think the freak barrel is an exelent idea and i have never had any problems with it. just my opinion.
matm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:37 PM #11
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHeadShotzxX View Post
I have used all the top level barrels. Plus I am not a fan boy. I was sponsored by Eclipse and have utilized the deadly winds and several other barrels like Sly and Dye over the course of my time. I have also always owned bob long guns and I just recently got a Luxe in a trade that I havent even shot yet!!!! But your idea inrelation to barrels is WRONG.

I just don't think you have looked in the technical research about how it DOES not direct the flight of the ball due to the fact that it isnt touching.

Yes certain materials create more friction but that is when you are utilizing one piece sizes (ex: flatline tipmann barrels). And obviously the insert BORE is what makes the difference not the tip, the larger tip decreases the overall weight and muffle the guns sound output depending apon the bore size and what material is used, those are the two reason dye utilizes the different tips.

Also portings main role is to reduce overall noise levels by venting excess air pressure behind a paintball before the paintball leaves the barrel.Also accuracy is created by Paint to barrel match (insert or back to a two piece, NOT a tip), paint consistency, shot per shot velocity consistency, and the stability of the shooting platform.

And if you spent 600 dollars to find the best barrel then you are completely mistaken because you are shooting a ball filled with paint, not a bullet. Paintballs can only be so accurate and normally depends apon the paint you are shooting and NOT the barrel.
That's why shooting my cp kit, furious kit, and dp kit with the same paint and bore size shows which is "better".

Maybe you should have a talk with Ryan @ DP.. He actually designed the barrel.

The way the porting is designed can also affect how fast the air vents, where it vents, and if it changes the flight trajectory.

Fanboy can refer to something other than a marker LOL.

BTW, the DP shoots better than the UL kit I got with an ego off of here too.. so Uhm.. Yeah?

Anyway, @ the OP: Freak barrel looks nice on the luxe, but It is NOT the best barrel out there for such a high quality marker.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:28 PM #12
jesse89
OUTLAWS

Annual Supporting Member
jesse89 plays in the PSP
jesse89 is Boss
i love the freak, have it on many of my guns. dye ul is my second fav, freak beats it because of the many different bore sizes for cheap. anything on a luxe but the stock barrel just looks wrong.

jesse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:40 PM #13
PlumberNick9
ASM Council

Annual Supporting Member
PlumberNick9 plays in the PSP
PlumberNick9 donated to help Peyton Trent
PlumberNick9 supports our troops
PlumberNick9 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PlumberNick9 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
It's not my fault you and ignorant and idolent ****.
What the hell?
PlumberNick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 PM #14
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
i just use the luxe barrel bc it matches the gun plus its a freak. its nice to ahve the option of what bore size you want too. i love the dye barrels, but not enough to go out and spend 100$ to get one with the right threads. but dye is agood and freaks are not bad by any means
2 Cyborg 6s, Vanquish 1.5, Ego11, Protégé FS
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post84973761
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:31 PM #15
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

Freak barrels are great barrels. Just as accurate as any other barrel out there. Yea the control bore is not 8 inches but they still work great. If your looking for something different I would go with a deadly winds barrel that uses the inserts or get a disruptive barrel kit.

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---

---Pooty Paintball Facebook-Anno Shop---
Pooty51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:56 PM #16
PaintballPimp458
Keep It Palatial.

too whomever was saying the luxe freak is the only barrel that looks good on it and all other look wrong

Tutorial: How to leave PBNation Feedback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh3mpOtmxYc
Old 11-16-2010, 03:01 PM #17
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:28 PM #18
eyeownyu
ryan

eyeownyu plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
lol stiffis are fugly

but about the barrels, i honestly cannot tell a difference between two barrels with the same paint and same bore size. accuracy is much more effected by the paint and by your chrono consistency. ive taken the stock ego SL kit and put on a DYE ul, followed by a CP, followed by a BL stock barrel and cannot tell a difference. the only thing i notice is difference sound signatures.

so to the guy above me who said he has spent over 600 dollars looking for the best barrel, i LOLOL at you.

imo a barrel is a barrel is a barrel

"It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that defines who you are." ~ teh_masterer
Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ~Tyler Durden
San Diego Pirates
VSB.
eyeownyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:44 PM #19
PaintballPimp458
Keep It Palatial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeownyu View Post
imo a barrel is a barrel is a barrel except a carbon fiber weighs less than a metal one, and bore size plays a huge part
fixed.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 PM #20
supakamario
Skill not Ramping

im not worried bout the price, paintball is the onlything that keeps me out of trouble, so if it cost an arm and a leg so b it, cause its cheaper than prison, trust me i know..................... that stiffi looks as wrong as 2 left feet................. barrel convo is so touchy, i do know that barela make a difference in ho a marker shoots, my shocker shoots better with a freak than same bore ul. I have heard uls are tested on/for dye gun, smartpartsfor smart parts makes sence......... as far as the luxe freak being the sexiest thing since the thong, imo my impulse freal looks way better..........since im married now, i can only screw my wife and ppl on the paintball field, so i spend a lot of time and money doing so, i dont even get my luxe til tomorrow, and have several barrels for my nxt, and 09 impulse, ill try them all this weekend and let yall know what i think
Old 11-17-2010, 05:05 PM #21
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballPimp458 View Post
fixed.

And as the OP said; There's a difference.

True story: sold the others and made $. And I have the best barrels I have been able to get my hands on.