Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-01-2015, 03:44 AM #1
OC Infection
Yewww!

OC Infection is playing at Living Legends VIII
OC Infection owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OC Infection has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Received my first Luxe, need some help...

What's up guys,

Today I just received my first luxe (1.0 with 2.0 bolt, eyes, and board) through a trade here on the nation, and to my surprise, it was incredibly beat up... I was aware of some of the scratches that were on it, but was blown away by how horribly the gun was taken care of. The eyes were completely caked (wish I was exaggerating) with old paint, the grips were torn pretty badly, the button on the back is almost completely chipped off, the barrel/inserts filled with dirt and paint, and the gun basically had dirt or paint in every crevice of the gun. After cleaning the entire gun, I have some questions, being a first time owner with a shaky introduction.

-Starting with the eyes, besides using q-tips, what are some good ways to clean the eyes?

-Next, I received a tube of hater sauce. From what I've read here, it seems that dow 33 is the correct type of lube to use for this bolt. Any recommendations other than sl33k or gr33se? Low temperature is not an issue for me, living in Arizona and Southern California.

-When I screw my tank in and air the gun up, I get a huge leak in the grip frame, which seems to be a common occurrence from what I've seen. Is my best bet to just turn down the pressure on the reg? If there are other troubleshooting tips, I would love to hear them.

Are there any other precautions I should be taking before using my luxe in a game? I have tried my best to search for as much information as I could, and I would love to hear everyone's input. Hopefully I can get her shooting smoothly as soon as possible. Thanks in advanced to everyone who helps out!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2015, 01:54 AM #2
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
Use rubing alchohol and qtip a for the eyes. From the sounds of it, I'd completely rebuild the marker with new orings. Reset the board to default settings and up the dwell to 16. Zero out the reg and adjust it over a chrono until you get to the desired velocity. Basic dow33 is fine for the bolt. Feel free to use that hater sauce on the outer static rings.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:08 AM #3
OC Infection
Yewww!

OC Infection is playing at Living Legends VIII
OC Infection owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OC Infection has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post
Use rubing alchohol and qtip a for the eyes. From the sounds of it, I'd completely rebuild the marker with new orings. Reset the board to default settings and up the dwell to 16. Zero out the reg and adjust it over a chrono until you get to the desired velocity. Basic dow33 is fine for the bolt. Feel free to use that hater sauce on the outer static rings.
Thanks for the help man, I really appreciate it!
Old 05-04-2015, 02:29 PM #4
shockerboy001
Yasser Hanbali

shockerboy001 plays in the PSP
shockerboy001 is an NCPA player
shockerboy001 plays in the APPA D3 division
shockerboy001 supports DLX Technology
use Factory Orings for the power core. a massive gush of air from the frame area could be the frame to body oring. i would remove the frame and inspect to see if the oring is in good condition, you could try however by zeroing out the reg and airing up the gun if the gush is there then the issue is the frame to body oring. if the leak stops then the reg pressure was set too high.

i would stick to the factory lube as well.
XFT #70
SHOCKER RSX #103 (((O)))
shockerboy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:00 AM #5
slv44

slv44 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
monkey poo works really well with all my luxes that's all I use except for some of those guns that need the much thicker lubing
slv44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:22 AM #6
Tarzan@DLXtechnology

Tarzan@DLXtechnology works for a Paintball manufacturer
Tarzan@DLXtechnology donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockerboy001 View Post

i would stick to the factory lube as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slv44 View Post
monkey poo works really well with all my luxes that's all I use except for some of those guns that need the much thicker lubing
Loyalhanna, Pa 15661
724-520-8420
mike@luxepaintball.com
Tarzan@DLXtechnology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:02 AM #7
craigert

Hater sauce is horrible.

I use Lurker Lube or Pooty Poo and like both.
craigert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:14 AM #8
Grapher400
No flex zone!

Grapher400 is playing at Living Legends VIII
Grapher400 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
in games the eyes may fall off, try putting a rubber band around the outside of the eyes to keep them from falling off and you loosing them, I'm not much of a luxe expert, I just know how to take care of a marker, just to be safe I would rebuild the whole marker, who knows how old/beat up those o-rings are.
187 upton crew geo 3
Virtue Spire
Ninja 77/4500
Grapher400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:34 PM #9
Exhopek

Exhopek owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Exhopek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exhopek supports DLX Technology
Watch some strip down videos, watch them a couple of times. Remember this 3 letters LLL, Luxes Love Lube. Lube after every game day, it takes 5 mins and they are a bullet proof system. A lot of people will recommend dow 33 or greese they are the same. If you are in a hot weather stick with those.

If you find yourself having bolt stick or shoot down during cold weather use monkey poo. I live in Canada so it's all monkey poo for me my luxe still shoots at -5C and doesn't break paint. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

Regina Regulators
Exhopek is offline   Reply With Quote