forgiven2008
Boomer Sooner

forgiven2008 donated to help Peyton Trent
forgiven2008 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank101 View Post
Just saw it and I'm going to be the pissed off nerd in this thread simply because the movie left out so much that developed the characters.

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
Nothing about Potter Watch and how others are fighting even though he doesn't realize it. No monument at Godric Hallow.
No part of the letter or picture found at Grimauld Place. That is important for part 2 and the relationship with Snape. Hermione never took the portrait with Phineas Black who tells Snape where they are to give them the sword, I'd love to see how they incorporate that in part 2 if at all.
Kreacher never told them the story of the locket and how Voldemort over looked other types of magic.
They never ran into Griphook in the woods with Dean who fled and told stories of other fighting and fleeing.
That whole dancing scene in the tent was random and a waste of time. They throw that in there but can't show more of the wedding and Harry disguised as a Weasley cousin who gets background info.
They didn't escape from the ministry like that...not even close, was much better written.
Nothing about Secret Keepers.
Minimal background on Dumbledore there was more in the book and a bit late to place out of order like some of the other events in part 2
No argument with Lovegood over Gridelwald's mark which is essential IMO

so much **** that was left out for next to no reason, honestly wouldn't have added much time at all to the film.

That's my HP nerd rant, I got really into the books and this movie is a betrayal of Rowling's work dispite claims that she had part in the movie production.
you do know the reason they do this right. it's for the movie won't be 5 hours long. Knowing me I could definitely sit through that since Harry Potter is probably my favorite book series, read through the whole thing 4 times, and I own every movie. They do this so regular people can go see the movie and not be bored from watching a 4-5 hour movie.

All my friends that are huge fans of the series went and saw part 1 and loved it and didn't notice anything was missing except me on the other hand. I still loved the movie because of, one, it's Harry Potter, and two, because Emma Watson is in it, uhh so beautiful haha.
Youtube: www.youtube.com/houstonsurge28
forgiven2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement