Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2010, 02:09 PM #1
Ideal Paradigm
The Victory Dance

Anyone have advice about getting a custom grip frame for a 2004 Viking?

I'm planning on having my Black Unmilled 2004 Viking milled and anodized by Destructive Customs. However, since I'm having the works done on the marker, I would just like to know if it's really worth getting some sort of custom grip frame for the Viking done.

I know that you can get a DM5 Ultralite Frame to fit, among other custom frames. I would just like to know, in terms of versatility, what is the best option?

Should I just go with the Tadao Ebisu USB board that is out for the Viking? Or would it be better to get a custom grip frame that can house a DM board or a Ego board? I think OLED display would be cool, but it's not completely necessary.

I'm thinking about getting into tournaments in the future, but I may not (job will dictate if I will have the time).

The only reason why I ask is because since I'm having the works done for my Viking, I might as go all the way. However, I also want to know if it's really worth it, as opposed to just spending money for the sake of spending it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2010, 02:21 PM #2
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
If you can find one I really the the Frenzy frame that was made for the Valhalla Vikings. It used and Ego7/8 Tadao board but last I heard Matt was out. PM5 UL frames are nice but not everyone likes the feel on a viking. FBM also made a humpback frame. All will function great including the stock, it's just a matter of what feels the best for you.

skinnyfatguy's Collection | My WTB List
MCB Feedback | Old PBN Feedback | CC Feedback | eBay Feedback
skinnyfatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:47 PM #3
Wank107

I have a UL frame /w OLED board on my viking. Its an 04 Immortal that has been milled in about every possible way. The only time I would recommend a UL frame is if you mill the viking as much as possible so its incredibly light. Because if it isnt milled 100% then it is going to feel pretty top heavy. I really like the way the frames on the Valhalla look, but like skinnyfatguy said, IDK if you can find one of those.

I personally cant play with a gun that doesnt have a UL frame...so its all up to what you like to hold when you shoot a paintball gun!

Macdev Clone VX
Wank107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:35 PM #4
C_losjoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyfatguy View Post
If you can find one I really the the Frenzy frame that was made for the Valhalla Vikings. It used and Ego7/8 Tadao board but last I heard Matt was out. PM5 UL frames are nice but not everyone likes the feel on a viking. FBM also made a humpback frame. All will function great including the stock, it's just a matter of what feels the best for you.

i think matt still has a couple left, hit him up he has a thread right below yours about the valhalla, sweet marker too by the way. also if you are looking to have one made, acid custom might be the guy to check with. but expect to pay 250-400, more custom one of type the higher the price
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:24 PM #5
Ideal Paradigm
The Victory Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyfatguy View Post
Stock frame is the only frame that I've used. No one at the fields that I have gone to shoot a DM, so I haven't had the opportunity to try out what an Ultralite frame looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wank107 View Post
I have a UL frame /w OLED board on my viking. Its an 04 Immortal that has been milled in about every possible way. The only time I would recommend a UL frame is if you mill the viking as much as possible so its incredibly light. Because if it isnt milled 100% then it is going to feel pretty top heavy. I really like the way the frames on the Valhalla look, but like skinnyfatguy said, IDK if you can find one of those.

I personally cant play with a gun that doesnt have a UL frame...so its all up to what you like to hold when you shoot a paintball gun!
I'm going to be getting the FSP milling and all of the possible diet milling. My goal is to make the Viking as light as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
i think matt still has a couple left, hit him up he has a thread right below yours about the valhalla, sweet marker too by the way. also if you are looking to have one made, acid custom might be the guy to check with. but expect to pay 250-400, more custom one of type the higher the price
Thanks for the advice, I'll post in his thread and see if I can get a Frenzy frame or something. Do you happen to know off hand if it comes with a trigger as well, or will I have to get the trigger custom made to the frame? I really like how the Frenzy Frame looks, and I like the UL frame as well, I'm just trying to see if it's more versatile.

I have a feeling that Ego 7/8 boards will be outdated or not offered any updates in the future, as it's hitting 2+ years old. However, that may not be the case with Tadao.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:50 PM #6
C_losjoker

frame comes with trigger and ego board, all ready to go. just drop in and go.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:58 PM #7
BlackWiddow
hillbilly ho downer

i picked up a FBM frame for very cheap and only had to mod it slightly to get it on my viking. It works with whatever tray i have on my viking so no need to change boards with the tadao. i had never felt the frame before purchasing i was just wanting something a little different, but it turned out to be a very comfortable frame.