SECTION 4 - HOW TO TAKE/POST A SCREEN SHOT
WHY ARE SCREEN SHOTS IMPORTANT
1. They are an important piece of evidence for the investigators.
2. Screen shots are more proof for law enforcement and PbNation moderators.
3. You want help from people in the theft threads and want people to believe you? Screen shots are a good start.
4. They are actual solid proof, because copied pm's can be faked.
5. Generally most deals are done in private. If you have a link to a current post where the thief admits it, that is even better. However, be smart and make a screen shot of that before the thief edits the post.
A screen shot can help prove the following items:
- A legitimate conversation between two or more parties
- Days and times that messages were sent
- A person actually read your message, as well as day and time
- Shows an actual conversation between parties on sites other than Pb Nation
- Shows your points, that you agreed to a person to trade, buy, or sell, and that you have followed through with your end of the deal
One way to take a screen shot is using the print screen button on your keyboard.
1. Put the info you want to take a picture of in the center of your screen
Full page screen shots
2. Press the "Print Screen" button while holding Ctrl, then release.
3. Open your image editing program such as paint or photoshop.
4. Press Ctrl+V (paste)
5. While in your image program be sure to black out all personal information.
6. Save the picture as a .gif or .jpeg.
7. Upload the screen shot using a host such as Imageshack or Photobucket.
It should look like this:
For some of you that are having trouble with long screen shoots here is a little add-on for FireFox that will help
Link for FireFox web browser
Example of Page Saver screen shot:
To make a screen shot on OS X there are two options:
HOW TO POST A SCREEN SHOT USING AN IMAGE HOST
1. Press COMMAND + SHIFT + 3
- That will take a full screen shot.
2. Press COMMAND + SHIFT + 4
- That will give you a cross hair with the option to select what part of the
screen you want to get a screen capture of. Just click and drag over the
section you want and a transparent box will appear.
The screen shot is then saved to your desktop for your convenience as Picture 1 or Picture 2 etc. Enjoy!
(Command is the button with the picture of an apple on it, to the immediate right and left of the space bar for those who didn't know)
Upload from your camera and save it somewhere easy for you to find it.
Find a hosting website like
as an example)
Browse, select, and hit okay when found image
Hit the upload button
Either copy the actual link, OR if the option is given, copy the link with the [IMG] tags on it.
IF THERE ARE NO IMG TAGS,
Come to the PbN reply box
Look on the toolbar and find the insert image button, and click it
Post the link which you copied earlier.
It should look like [IMG]http://i6.tinypic.com/262qk36.jpg[/IMG]
If ASM, there is the option of attaching photos.
To do so...
Go to the reply box
Look under "Addition Options" and find the "Manage Attachment" button
Follow the popups and either upload it from your computer, or post the URL of the actual image.