PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-12-2010, 11:13 AM #1
tomn8r

island united!

what a great year it has been for all the island's outlaws and renegade'rs! originally initiated by tomm (zero-niner), our I.U. get togethers have been nothing short of gool ol' inexpensive FUN! and now, as the new year approaches, it would be nice to makes our island united 2011 plans even better! - and how are we going to do that? - simple really; more venues and more players.

just to get the ball rolling, we have been able to add 2 new paintball fields to our schedule; tofino paintball and victoria(!) - field tba monday - which now gives us 3 official I.U. locations for 2011! and if this wasn't cool enough, we have been able to negotiate NO PRICE INCREASE - so 2011 is looking like another $10 field fee/$10 bag of 500 year, on some of the island's top established fields! how were we able to do it? (ninja motivation/jedi mind tricks ha ha).

prolly the hardest obstacles to overcome are: getting non-conflicting dates so every1 can attend, and securing transpo for those without. however, seeing as this is only mid-november, our island community should be able to ensure that both dates/rides can be pre-planned.

if you are new to the island's paintball community, here's a quick overview:

'Island United' (i.u.) outings are 'renegade' style get togethers (usually 1 sunday per season) where we can all play semi-structured games at ridicuously low prices: usually 2 cents per ball. this is a great savings as most fields charge 8 cents-10 cents per ball! and it works! our get togethers have drawn an average of 70+ players each time (5 outings in 2010) with a peak of 81 players at the year ender. - and everything goes: your own gear or 1 of our rentals for free! full-auto, semi-auto, pump, grenades, smoke bombs, bazooka's, mines etc etc.

referee's keep the games flowing and each event our air-situation greatly improves (now 2 large bulk tanks, the province's most powerful compressor, 2 fill-stations, approx 75 free-loaner 48/3000 tanks and our new scuba-fill adapter). great air, great community, great prices - and now 2 new venues! -

this year our community recognized our top 3 renegaders and that was only the tip of the paintball iceberg - 2011 will be even better! more prizes, more venues, more players!

there is a top secret plan which will involve many many hundreds of renegader's from across b.c. - i wish i could be more specific but these sorta 'surprises take some time - but rest assured you will all be quite smitten. tell your friends, network and get ready for a CRAZY renegade 2011 season!

--------------------

capt. b.c. supernaturals
honourary island militia
island united!

'run 4 the guns' series of events
www.paintballevents.ca

www.vancouverislandpaintball.comxa.com

western canadian paintball association
british columbia paintball association

the 'cage' - speedball training facility

central island paintball pro-shop & supplies
10am-6pm fri, sat, sun.

vancouver island paintball club (rental gear and games)
thetomn8r@hotmail.com
(250)756-6793 10am-10pm 7 days/week
tomn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2010, 06:31 AM #2
Teahouser
that one guy

Hey man,
I live in Port McNeill up on the North Island. We don't have any speedball fields up here which sucks. If I got a handful of people together to come down to these events that would be tight! How do you join your organization?
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM #3
tomn8r

dude! it's not an organization - it's a community! and yes, you and your group are welcome anytime. keep posted to the island united discussions at www.islandpaintball.ca - b.c's most active paintball forum!

welcome aboard!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:59 PM #4
tomn8r

stormin norman's paintball in victoria will be the new south-island addition to the island united venues! enjoy!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:41 PM #5
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomn8r View Post
stormin norman's paintball in victoria will be the new south-island addition to the island united venues! enjoy!
sick deal man! I really miss living in victoria, I'll be down there again next year for school. i never heard of stormin normans when I lived there, are they a speedball field? i'll check out www.islandpaintball.ca for sure. you'll definately see us coming down to play in the future. are you guys doing games this fall/winter?
Old 11-17-2010, 02:06 PM #6
tomn8r

actually - mybe! ha ha. i've got messages like crazy asking for 1 more. BUT WE ALREADY HAD OUR YEAR ENDER! there has been talk of an impromptu winter bash. keep posted for details.....
Old 11-20-2010, 06:07 AM #7
Teahouser
that one guy

duuude winter games are tight! especially on the island...i'd be so down. it just started snowing up here, we're gunna play one of these upcoming weekends, but yeah let me know if you guys are having a winter game!
ReplyRegional Ups