Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-12-2010, 07:36 AM #22
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzrul View Post
this is from my personal experience
This obviously isn't true, you cite incidents that supposedly happened when you (admittedly) weren't even in the corps. If you have opinions that's fine, but don't try to sell bull**** you have heard as fact.
And if you really don't care, don't write page long posts genius.
My personal definition of "boot" is someone who re-hashes recruiting pamphlet BS, talks about Iraq deployments they weren't on, and disrespects other service members.

Last edited by berserker19 : 11-12-2010 at 07:52 AM.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 AM #23
Anzrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
This obviously isn't true, you cite incidents that supposedly happened when you (admittedly) weren't even in the corps. If you have opinions that's fine, but don't try to sell bull**** you have heard as fact.
And if you really don't care, don't write page long posts genius.
My personal definition of "boot" is someone who re-hashes recruiting pamphlet BS, talks about Iraq deployments they weren't on, and disrespects other service members.
These are my experiences. I have not "re-hashed" anything a recruiter ever said, simply told you what I know. Like I said, you want to call my family and friends who were there, who saw this first hand, whatever. I answered a question and if you don't like my answer, you'll just have to try and find a way to live the rest of your life knowing that it doesn't matter if you like it or not. Have a good one.
Anzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:36 AM #24
reddae
Morally Flexible

On another note, if you want to actually learn to fight you should join the Army. The combatives program is pretty good. We had some Marines come over to the 35th BDE invitational combatives tournament in Korea. They all got slapped around and none of them lasted beyond the first round.
reddae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:38 AM #25
Javirus Breaker

not being in either (im navy reserves) and assuming you really only wanted to do one or the other, id say marines.... i spent some time in a marine officer training course, and was very much impressed by the comraderie and emphasis on phsical fitness that the marines have. i know "they are more badass" is probably a terrible basis to make such a life decision, but in the end, sometimes you just need to throw caution to the wind. i know if i wanted to commit more of my life to the military, i woulda went marines. i know alot of marines and a decent amount of army soldiers, and the marines have a deep seated pride that to me is very honorable. no disrespect to to our army heros out there, just my opinion
Javirus Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:35 AM #26
rygaff11

Prepare to blast off.

Join the 156 men and women of the U.S. Astronaut Corp.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:40 AM #27
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
Mobile Infantry. Become a citizen!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:47 AM #28
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
The Army will paint "USMC" on there patrol vehicles to avoid taking contact from the enemy, the Marines will wear the Army's brown jump suits on a combat partol to draw enemy contact. This is another of those examples that you will just have to take away what you will from it.
Most ignorant mother ****er I've seen on here. Really guy? You're a tool if you really believe that, cherry.

Quote:
Marines will do this to save somebody from any other branch as well. I can't make any claims to know why the Army's comraderie doesn't match our own, just that it doesn't.
You are right, we don't care about our own. Ever tried running into a conflict when somebody decides to shoot up an SRP site and kill 11 people and wound 30+ others? No, get the **** out of here. Don't speak on what you don't know. It makes you look like a fool.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:08 AM #29
Javirus Breaker

i would seriously consider college... itll give you the option to think about it more and maybe join a rotc unit or go to an academy...
Javirus Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:05 PM #30
Anzrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
Most ignorant mother ****er I've seen on here. Really guy? You're a tool if you really believe that, cherry.

You are right, we don't care about our own. Ever tried running into a conflict when somebody decides to shoot up an SRP site and kill 11 people and wound 30+ others? No, get the **** out of here. Don't speak on what you don't know. It makes you look like a fool.
#1: It did happen. You're the tool. Have a good day.
#2: Never said the Army didn't care about their own. Stop putting words into people's mouths.

You, by deciding to read things and rephrase it to suit your needs, has made you the fool here; not me.
Anzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 PM #31
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
C'mon guys... please try and have a conversation and not a flame war. Slinging insiluts and childish comments back and forth does not help this thread in any way. Thanks.

Last edited by USAFWD : 11-12-2010 at 12:27 PM.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:58 PM #32
sHoCkA (Banned)
Yeah rodge

sHoCkA is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Well shocka, first I'm 0311 on year #2. Second, the uniform allowance for any junior Marine (given once a year) is enough to pay for a pair of boots and maybe some PT gear if you get the cheap ****ty boots (surpirised a military Guru like you didn't know that). Next, IEDs are usually an opening for an ambush. The insurgents know that the Marines will fight, and kill them. The part about the Army painting USMC on their partol vehicles and the Marines using the brown jump suits that the Army were using at the time happened in Iraq after Phantom Fury. And last, chuckle away I really don't care.

P.S. Guess you forgot to read that last part I put up.

P.S.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU Perception is reality, right? rofl
waaaahhhhhhh You sound like a whiny little *****. And you were never in phantom fury, and I doubt in any combat operations at all. Run along, boot, no one cares if you know someone who knew someone who's been there and done that. But SEMPER FI DEVIL!!!!!
sHoCkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:39 PM #33
Ciley Myrus

Quote:
*Warning, if you aren't in the Marines this might piss you off*
I'm in the Marines, I have several friends in the Army. The difference between the two mostly boils down to this: money, training, comraderie.

Money: I have to buy every pair of boots, utilities, ribbons, medals, you get the point. Pretty much what you don't pay for (unless you lose it, and in more way that one) is serialized gear (gear you have to give back to the government). When I was explaining to a Soldier in the airport that I had just spent a small fortune getting new utilities and boots for my next deployment he said, "You have to pay for that stuff. We always just go down to supply and get it." Yes, all military get paid the same, but we all don't get to spend the same.

Training: The Army has a good bit of money to throw around for pretty much anything, this includes training. In the Army you will get the most up to date training that can be provided by our government. However, the Army is much larger than the Marines and trying to get them all on the same training program will not happen. This can cause some problems. But I think the biggest differense is this: because the Marines have to "improvise, adapt, and over come" it prepares us better, since you aren't going to find any "optimal" environment in war. Plus, in the Marines by the time you get overseas the Corps has done such a good job in pissing you off all you want to do is kill somebody. My dad (Vietnam Veteran) said that's actually what the training is intended to do, lol. Marines are ment to fight and that is what you are trained to do. Other differences you will see. The Army will paint "USMC" on there patrol vehicles to avoid taking contact from the enemy, the Marines will wear the Army's brown jump suits on a combat partol to draw enemy contact. This is another of those examples that you will just have to take away what you will from it.

Last we have Comraderie: The comraderie in the Marines is simply better. You might not think much of that right now, but when you have somebody shooting at you and you need to break cover to close with and kill the guy, I bet you'll be more likely to do it if you know that the guy beside you, doing it with you will risk his life to save you if you get hit. You'll find out real quick-like that you also will do the same. I can tell you that this doesn't just go for Marines to each other. Marines will do this to save somebody from any other branch as well. I can't make any claims to know why the Army's comraderie doesn't match our own, just that it doesn't.

I know that this is going to piss some people off, but this is what I have personally seen. For those of you who are upset about what I put up here, don't come and start complaining at me (I'm a junior Marine, my schedule is pretty much full up on those appointments for the next 3 years). Instead take my father's advice: "If you get told you need to fix something, or to do something in general you don't want to to, fix the problem first and then complain about. That way, you can complain and not be the one whose ****ed up."
Holy ****.
Ciley Myrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:29 PM #34
GreasyPigeon
I hate p8ntgurl

Annual Supporting Member
GreasyPigeon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I say flip a coin head army. tails marine, Both will **** you in the long run.

Edit. The brown jump suit that dip **** is talking about is Nomex. It is what tanker, and flight people wear. I was with the marines in 2006-2007(1MEF) cause they need tank support. And they wore nomex, cause at the time in the fight the head ******* in IRAQ said that you wear not suppose to leave the wire with out wearing some type of clothing that is flash proof (nomex)

Team Pizza Time

The sniper of ST

Last edited by GreasyPigeon : 11-12-2010 at 07:35 PM.
GreasyPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:44 PM #35
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:45 PM #36
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
Mobile Infantry. Become a citizen!

is there any other answer?

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:07 PM #37
mavLP
:)

Holy **** people need to calm down(Anzul). I have friends in the Army and from what I can tell they sort-of enjoy it so far. From my experience in the Marines is that there is a ****-load of bull****, and everything you do is decided long before you actually have a good idea on what each job entails. Either branch has a lot of bull****. In the Army you do pick up faster, which means you're gonna get paid more, but I haven't seen the same respect for rank in the Army that I see in the USMC(Was around an Army base for a couple weeks for an event that my shop had to run). Go to college first, I wish I did. Then after a few years of college if you still REALLY want to join the military, THEN decide on what you want to do, then decide which branch from what you want to do.
mavLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:06 PM #38
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Rank based respect is overrated. Use superior knowledge and/or physical size to gain respect through intimidation. Or get a crazy eye going, boots are scared as hell when there is a bat-**** crazy mofo in charge.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:29 AM #39
mavLP
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Rank based respect is overrated. Use superior knowledge and/or physical size to gain respect through intimidation. Or get a crazy eye going, boots are scared as hell when there is a bat-**** crazy mofo in charge.
I may have a skewed opinion due to where I am, but I respect the GOOD NCO's. There are turds at almost every rank. To be honest, the ones the come from the fleet to here are the ones who are douchebags and terrible leaders. The ones that are made here or have been here a while seem to actually have brains...
mavLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:46 AM #40
reddae
Morally Flexible

True story, being an E-5 platoon sergeant I have a few E-6's in my platoon who are not happy that I am in charge of them. They complain a lot but in the end they couldn't cut it. My 1SG tends to be kinda crazy so when the soldiers get all rebelious I have to keep them in check and keep the E-6's from complaining along with the soldiers. Luckily I am such a bad *** that when people get crazy I can just stroke the underside of my name tape to bring htem back instead of having to pull rank.

When I type this up I kinda realize that I have douchebags working with me.
reddae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:31 PM #41
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
Anzrul, I have spent a month or two in country and have seen no less than four Army vehicles (the highspeed LMTVs none the less) and they didn't have USMC painted on them. I also met this guy that said he was a Marine and he wasn't in any kind of Army uniform. Perhaps he was the only one not "in the know" or maybe you are thinking of the older DCUs that both branches wore. My S2 officer did mention that every single ambush was initiated by and IED (and that every IED initiated an ambush) and that Marines never got ambushed so I know you are right about that. Either way don't listen to these other fools, thank you so much for your service and ensuring that I have a safe place to sleep at night.

:isthesuperdodgyevenrequiredhere?:
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:33 PM #42
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
Oh and to the OP, gtfo.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote