PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2013, 03:39 PM #1534
gmanuelp
|\|/~ADP~\|/|

gmanuelp posts videos on PbNation
Agreed. As far as I can tell my form is decent... I initiate the slide with my upper body by twisting into it rather than pushing my back leg out... I'll see if I can get a clip of me doing a few checks.
Small Gear Sale
gmanuelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2013, 04:55 PM #1535
pb ERIC
Hai

I always seem to forget about this thread for periods of time haha. The other day i totally remembered it and I wanna get back into the grove.

Been skating a ton the past few months. Lost my old friends that didn't feel like progressing while skating. They actually judged me because I wanted to learn slides which doesn't make sense. Anyway, found some new skaters and even a bigger scene than what I thought Missouri had!

I remember hardly even being able to learn a heelside last year, Now I'm to the point where I don't even have a problem hitting nearly 40. Biggest problem is holding my standies for long periods (getting a huge arc going for better distance)

Currently riding a 9two5 with 50cals and 82a metros.

I'm actually in the market to buy a better, more strictly downhill board, but still freeride-able with just a switch of the wheels really.

Anyone ever rode a omen sugar? or have any thoughts on it? I love having a tail if possible. (I have a few others in mind, so far i think i may snag a sugar.)
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM #1536
Gnar Jeezy
Effin' Awesome

Gnar Jeezy supports Team VICIOUS
Gnar Jeezy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Do any of you guys race?
Gnar Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 AM #1537
pb ERIC
Hai

I think PB4L does last time i was in here. Legit races or just like outlaw/friends racing ****?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:44 AM #1538
Gnar Jeezy
Effin' Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb ERIC View Post
I think PB4L does last time i was in here. Legit races or just like outlaw/friends racing ****?
either or. Legit races more than anything though. I'm looking into it and hopefully will be traveling for some.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:36 PM #1539
PaintballerFourLife
PB4LIndustries

Annual Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife is a Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife plays in the USPL
PaintballerFourLife plays in the PSP
PaintballerFourLife is an NCPA player
PaintballerFourLife plays in the APPA D3 division
PaintballerFourLife is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
PaintballerFourLife is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnar Jeezy View Post
either or. Legit races more than anything though. I'm looking into it and hopefully will be traveling for some.
I notice you're from SD, who are you? There are a ton of local socal races, and also plenty of other races all over the US and elsewhere. So far this year I'm definitely planning on racing maryhill, not sure on what other major races I'll hit though.
PaintballerFourLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:10 AM #1540
Gnar Jeezy
Effin' Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballerFourLife View Post

I notice you're from SD, who are you? There are a ton of local socal races, and also plenty of other races all over the US and elsewhere. So far this year I'm definitely planning on racing maryhill, not sure on what other major races I'll hit though.
I'm a nobody lol. The name's Rj. Just starting to get into the longboard scene since a few of my friends actually freeride and race worldwide, a couple of them are pros. I'm definitely planning for Maryhill too.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:03 AM #1541
PaintballerFourLife
PB4LIndustries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I'm a nobody lol. The name's Rj. Just starting to get into the longboard scene since a few of my friends actually freeride and race worldwide, a couple of them are pros. I'm definitely planning for Maryhill too.
Who are you friends with? I know pretty much everyone in the socal scene

Where do you normally skate?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:31 PM #1542
Gnar Jeezy
Effin' Awesome

Quote:

Who are you friends with? I know pretty much everyone in the socal scene

Where do you normally skate?
Louis Pilloni and Jeff Budro. There are a few others, but I've only met them a couple times either through work or through Louis and/or Jeff.

My daily spot is my neighbors driveway. They got a sick private driveway and I got the ok to use it before they get home on the weekdays. I've skated Alpine a few times before.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:30 AM #1543
pb ERIC
Hai

Hahaha, man if my friend was Louis. I woulda been skating years ago! Btw

Just ordered my omen sugar last week. STOKED
Old 03-02-2013, 11:32 AM #1544
Gnar Jeezy
Effin' Awesome

Quote:
Hahaha, man if my friend was Louis. I woulda been skating years ago! Btw

Just ordered my omen sugar last week. STOKED
I've only known him for a little over a year. I met him through work and now I see him almost everyday haha.

I've been skating for awhile, just never picked up a longboard until I started working at Sector 9.
I've got a few videos on youtube, just search "Rj Baltazar". I think the most recent one on there was my trip with Sector.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:01 PM #1545
PaintballerFourLife
PB4LIndustries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I've only known him for a little over a year. I met him through work and now I see him almost everyday haha.

I've been skating for awhile, just never picked up a longboard until I started working at Sector 9.
I've got a few videos on youtube, just search "Rj Baltazar". I think the most recent one on there was my trip with Sector.
Oh rad, how'd you swing a job at sector? Louis is a cool dude, i've skated with him quite a few times and hung out at skatehouse athough I dont think he'd remember my name. Budro is super cool too. I know Josh Hunt from sector/arbor decently well and I've hung out with victor a few times too. I know pretty much all of the socal s9 riders as well haha
Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM #1546
pb ERIC
Hai

So I'm in the market to purchase a wheel that's got great roll speed (better than your typical freeride wheel) but still isn't TO grippy so that it's pretty hard to freeride it.

Any suggestions? I got a few in mind but wanted to see what y'all thought.

I'd be doing more freeride/technical downhill. Mainly looking for something fast and decently predictable in case i wanna throw a standup.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:48 PM #1547
Gnar Jeezy
Effin' Awesome

Quote:

Oh rad, how'd you swing a job at sector? Louis is a cool dude, i've skated with him quite a few times and hung out at skatehouse athough I dont think he'd remember my name. Budro is super cool too. I know Josh Hunt from sector/arbor decently well and I've hung out with victor a few times too. I know pretty much all of the socal s9 riders as well haha
Just walked in and applied lol.
I'm actually at work right now.
what's your name, by the way? we gotta skate sometime, after I'm done healing up my left leg though haha
Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 PM #1548
gmanuelp
|\|/~ADP~\|/|

You hang out with Palloni? Yep. I'm jealous haha.

Quote:
So I'm in the market to purchase a wheel that's got great roll speed (better than your typical freeride wheel) but still isn't TO grippy so that it's pretty hard to freeride it.

I'd be doing more freeride/technical downhill. Mainly looking for something fast and decently predictable in case i wanna throw a standup.
You want something that has a decent amount of grip, but is really hard to freeride it..? Something that's hard to freeride is usually really grippy.
Small Gear Sale
Old 03-05-2013, 10:37 AM #1549
pb ERIC
Hai

I should've used better grammar. Sorry. By hard I meant, If I'm going down a hill and would like to throw a check/drift...but still maintain good speed after it. I've heard good about say venom cannibals/luv yo muthas and I myself am curious how the volante serrata's would be. Is it possible to even use either of these for some freeriding other than strict downhill.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM #1550
PaintballerFourLife
PB4LIndustries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

Offset yellow raceformulas, cannibals, orange 4prez, etc... Most downhill wheels in the 69-72mm range will be perfect. I've heard serratas arent great.

Quote:
Just walked in and applied lol.
I'm actually at work right now.
what's your name, by the way? we gotta skate sometime, after I'm done healing up my left leg though haha
Haha thats rad. My name is Nathan. I'm usually at most of the local socal events as long as they dont conflict with paintball.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:14 AM #1551
pb ERIC
Hai

Really considering RF's for the first time ever, actually, mainly because there cheap as tits.

Soooo to risky to buy these?

Or should i get something like This or This.

Again sorry for my lazyness..silverfish isn't cutting it for me atm. I've never heard anything on RF's around here. Basically would the round lipped 78a RF be to sketchy for more downhill then freeride, or just go with the square lipped. If square lipped...which duro?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 AM #1552
Gnar Jeezy
Effin' Awesome

Quote:
Really considering RF's for the first time ever, actually, mainly because there cheap as tits.

Soooo to risky to buy these?

Or should i get something like This or This.

Again sorry for my lazyness..silverfish isn't cutting it for me atm. I've never heard anything on RF's around here. Basically would the round lipped 78a RF be to sketchy for more downhill then freeride, or just go with the square lipped. If square lipped...which duro?
that center set RF(yellow) is more for freeride. it likes to give out during turns. I wouldn't recommend those for downhill.

go with the side sets(blue and orange) if you're doing more downhill than freeride. that lip is there so you can dig into those corners/hairpins. and they still slide pretty well.

I was personally riding the 78a(yellow) side sets for awhile. They slide when I want them to, and grip when I need them to. If you're local, I got some samples from Sector that I can throw you.

have you checked out RAD wheels?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:03 AM #1553
pb ERIC
Hai

Yeah just curious. Because believe it or not...In kansas city the other weekend. I was doing some techincal downhill and i couldn't believe how well my 82a metros were holding up on the turns without icing out. So i figured I'd ask on the softer duro CS RF's anyway.

Chances are i go with the square lipped ones forsure. thanks guys. (oh and I'm not local, unless you wanna send them to Saint Louis, MO )

and i haven't been able to try either the releases or the advantages. I've heard that the advantages grip A LOT though haha. I'm tempted but money is a little more strapped atm..chances are I'll just do some side set blue RF's. Can't beat that price.

Last edited by pb ERIC : 03-06-2013 at 10:07 AM.
pb ERIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:35 PM #1554
gmanuelp
|\|/~ADP~\|/|

Agreed. Go with the square lipped ones.
Small Gear Sale