PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-07-2010, 12:33 AM #22
Gibbsinator
Ego5/Ion/Spyder

Gibbsinator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Get a good comfy mask. V-Force Profiler is so tried and true, it's hard to beat. Some people prefer pro-flexes. New masks have come onto the scene, but these two are STILL just as good as they have always been. Grillz look like the mask brought down from heaven, but honestly, I prefer 'filers, and so does my friend that owns Grillz. Aside from looking more intimidating and being easier to access, they aren't better. Filers stay on your head better and you can hear and talk easier with 'filers.

Tanks: Crossfire is still arguably the best, the new SS line of regs seems promising. Ninja is the new craze, but IMO there isn't a legitimate reason Ninja is any better than Crossy. Pure Energy has medium grade tanks. Guerrilla is hit or miss, so better not to risk it.

Hoppers: Halo is technically outdated, but it still feeds just as fast as it always did. It's affordable and does it's job. THe VL Vlocity runs on par with the Halo, affordable and effective. High End loaders include the Dye Rotor, Empire Magna(?), Empire Prophecy, etc. That ALL comes down to preference. Although Rotor appears to be sweeping the high end Rotor scene from what it seems.

Markers:
Angel- Eh, They have basically died off, too complicated for many players, too awkward, and haven't been in the market at all.

WGP- Bought out. The WGP that built the cocker and a large part of the paintball industry DIED when K2 bought them and has been calling the shots. Sad, sad story...

Dye- Arguably the leader of the spool markers, releases the matrix series a highly effective marker, smooth. Older models are affordable and available used.

Planet Eclipse- Stemmed from making custom parts, into creating their own high end poppit marker. Related to a Timmy like cousins are. PE parts are highly reliable and the company puts out great stuff. THe Ego is a poppit, avialable since '05 and around used, and more recently the Geo which is a spool and to some has completed their life in paintball.

Bob Long- Makes a myriad of markers, I can't keep up with them. Some mid end, some mid end. Focus is on my spool like designs, and some poppits exist. Bob Long is an acquired taste as always.

SP- Focus went from shocker to Ion, the best selling EP of all time, and they shot themselves in the foot with an RPG and are no more. Shockers lost their edge, and Ions capped at mid end.

Other companys are out there releasing a couple mid end markers, and DLX and the Luxe bringing a pretty formidable marker to the table. Research will yield more info.

Dye has a daughter company, Proto, rewrapping their tech, and PE puts out an Etek. These are very good markers, but there their older parents are always superior. Competition against these has arose like Invert Mini, Infinity Legend, Deadlywind Fusion(and more) and a few others. But honestly, the Etek and Proto Matrix and still probably better.

Barrels- Eh, makes the ball fit the barrel, paint is SMALL now a days, but most kits shoot real good. Paying $150 isn't worth it to me, $75 is though, up to you.

You don't ahve to pay $1000+ for your gear. Sure, a $2000 set up is nice, but not if there is a credit card bill coming in with interest. Spend what you can afford. $200-$500 will buy you a GOOD mid end that will shoot great. A used halo/velocty can go for $30-$50. Tanks new are $125-$160. Anymore is a waste. All up to, just a few suggestions.
-Spyder Classic-
Gibbsinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:46 AM #23
chungdae
Dynasty SLS

Annual Supporting Member
chungdae owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
chungdae owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It depends on what your budget is. I've been playing for 10+ years now if you have any further questions shoot me a PM.
chungdae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:53 PM #24
Colinb913
Paintball is life.

Colinb913 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Colinb913 supports Team VICIOUS
^Same goes for me, I haven't been playing too long, but I have kept up with the technology pretty well. If ya got any questions feel free to PM me bro
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth...live it...love it...Paintball 4 life.
Corey15 is a SCAMMER

Colinb913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:05 PM #25
njpbplayaz21

njpbplayaz21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
njpbplayaz21 supports Team VICIOUS
njpbplayaz21 supports Sherwood Forest
njpbplayaz21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Like you i have had a break (2 years about almost) and it was trange getting back in. I would recommend mask is dye i4s they give full functional ventilation, angles, and communication 100% of the time! hopper i would go with dye rotor simpily worth every penny and last amazingly long and are very durable! Pack i would go with nxe, price is a major downside (30 to 45 dollars) but they last long and are super comfortable. For elbows get eclipse they are the bang for your buck and are great for long periods of time. For knee pads go with dye they give amazing feeling and are very strong it feels like sliding on a smooth surface sometimes. Gun is all opinion.. i love eclipse but since you are an oldschool player you might like different guns from me. If you are an eclipse fan i would start out with an ego 08 ( amazing effective shot) or somewhere in the sl series ( sl74 or sl8r which are amazing guns! i shoot the sl74 personally) but remember this is all opinion so you might disagree. Things that might of changed when you go back to the field more often are the amount of people there. There are now many more people in this uprising sport. And the tech that goes into these gun lately is amazingly awesome! If you have any questions feel free to pm me =]
njpbplayaz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:44 AM #26
speedballa962
support our troops

speedballa962 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
speedballa962 supports Team VICIOUS
speedballa962 is for the Gunfight
speedballa962 supports Sherwood Forest
ansgear.com
punisherspb.com
sakworldpaintball.com
zephyrpaintball.com
compulsivepaintball.com
badlandspaintball.com
buypbl.com

hope those sites are helpfull
Old 11-08-2010, 08:40 PM #27
Bunker Hog
dgaf

Bunker Hog has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bunker Hog has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisk8rr View Post
Again all helpful responses, crazy to see all the chTimmy. Now im in the market for an ego after shooting a friends the other night, feels like a smoother Timmy I was used to, in love with it.
You can't go wrong with an Ego, pretty much any year model will work. There are a lot floating around in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:27 PM #28
cjpaintballer
GEO fanboy <3 #88 ratpack

cjpaintballer plays in the PSP
cjpaintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cjpaintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cjpaintballer supports DLX Technology
dude you cannot go wrong with a dm9 or ego9. there going for cheap and r still considered amazing guns. Gl with starting back up and welcome back!
•SNAKE PLAYERS GANG• •SANDANA OWNERS CLUB•
cjpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:00 PM #29
pimpinaez (Banned)

pimpinaez owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pimpinaez supports Team VICIOUS
pimpinaez is for the Gunfight
pimpinaez supports Sherwood Forest
your best luck for reliability and quality would be
Tank: go with ninja air
marker: planet eclipse, dlx, macdev, angel, i would prefer a angel fly or macdev clone
hopper: dye rotor
googles: proflexis or dye i4s
pimpinaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:03 PM #30
470nm

ive seen a lot of good things about ninja tanks...is it just hype?how do they compare to crossfire or guerrilla?
470nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 PM #31
SynergyAMB1125
chuckin up the shakas

i say try and pick up a nice used 07/08 gun (DM7/DM8/PM8/Ego7/Ego8/SL74) because they can still keep up with all the top of the line stuff today, they are just like .75 ounces heavier haha. or even like an 05/06 Timmy (Infamous maybe). Halo B still works fine, thats what i still use. For tank, i say Ninja. Mask, anything comfy. Profilers are still my favorite ever, but thats just my two cents
Originally Posted by OA_paintball: im just worried if i donate plasma and some cancer patient gets it, his dicks gonna grow and hes gonna have mad game with the nurses.. probably not good for the hospital.

Dennis Woolford 9/26/08

TROLLPOCALYPSERed-Shirted Super Smashed Bros '11
SynergyAMB1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:18 AM #32
Dankylol

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Trying to get back into the game after a HUGE break and have no clue whats going on with all the new stuff.
Dankylol is offline   Reply With Quote