Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-20-2010, 02:08 PM #1
jballer08

help fix my F7

ok so it has a problem with leaking ...i have put all new orings in it and new solinoids (multiple)..an everytime i get the pressure up to 200psi it starts leaking it will shoot below that than it starts blowin air out bad ....

pics of it (i was tryin to use a diffrent reg and it still did the same thing)

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4483953
jballer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2010, 02:31 PM #2
mik2ball

Air out of where? down the barrel? through the grips? out of the ASA...need a bit more details
mik2ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:34 PM #3
jballer08

ok it is leaking where the noid is ..and i have put at least 5 new noids in and rebuilt them multiple times...i have notice ithas poped the bolt up as well a few times
Old 10-20-2010, 02:41 PM #4
mik2ball

So
1)it leaks in the solenoid area after you start shooting and set the pressure to 200psi

2)At times the bolt gets stuck forward? and when you try pulling it back it goes forward again and stays?
Old 10-20-2010, 02:48 PM #5
hockeybawler
Iowa State #847

hockeybawler owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hockeybawler is an NCPA player
hockeybawler plays in the APPA D5 division
hockeybawler has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
you need to give more detail. Are you sure the orings under the solinoid are in and lubed?
Old 10-20-2010, 02:55 PM #6
mik2ball

Sounds like oring lubing and noid service issue.

1)If the noids haven't been serviced (new or used), you need to open it up and lube them with fresh grease. Cause the piston inside is seizing and hence leaving the air pressure open.

2)Make sure the RAM orings and orings outside the noid (two small ones) are in good shape and lightly lubed.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:02 PM #7
Seek and Destroy (Banned)

Dude if the bolt goes forward and stays that is a blown noid as you have fixed many times BUT at the same time you need to be fixing the reason WHY it is blowing the noid, i.e. too much pressure! The odds of you having 5 "bad" noids is really out of the question.

I suggest rebuilding a noid again and then make sure you ZERO , no pressure, out the hpr then ever so slowly turn it up to about 200/250 and crono..

I also suspect that you may have a blown/bad gauge that is giving you false readings I bet.. Try a new reg and gauge, if you can get one and remember slowly turn up the hpr. Good luck
Seek and Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:39 PM #8
jballer08

pretty much what u guys have been saying is what i have done ..and the bolt dosnt get stuck forward the pin just pops off the ram and the pin is tightened all the way ..and i have lubed every oring even the small ones ...i do have a blown gauge..but everytime i try airing up the guge i have the reg zeroed out..so no presure then i slowwly turn the reg up testing it in between ...and ones i get to a certain pressure it leaves and i crono where it can shoot and i shots at like 190 200 then i turn it up barely then it leaks
Old 10-20-2010, 09:03 PM #9
Seek and Destroy (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballer08 View Post
pretty much what u guys have been saying is what i have done ..and the bolt dosnt get stuck forward the pin just pops off the ram and the pin is tightened all the way ..and i have lubed every oring even the small ones ...i do have a blown gauge..but everytime i try airing up the guge i have the reg zeroed out..so no presure then i slowwly turn the reg up testing it in between ...and ones i get to a certain pressure it leaves and i crono where it can shoot and i shots at like 190 200 then i turn it up barely then it leaks
I'm sorry the language you are attempting to reach has been disconnected or is no longer in service.. Please check the spelling and try your post again......Message WTF did you say?....seriously there webster!!!
Seek and Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:59 PM #10
thedjap1 (Banned)

thedjap1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Do you even have a lpr on the f7? It doesn't look like it. I have a fusion as well same color. Maybe no lpr is your issue?!?
thedjap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:49 PM #11
mik2ball

So you do have a blown gauge, most likely you are overpressurizing the noid and blowing them. You might want to get that fixed before telling us you are getting 200psi...for all I know you might be getting 300psi or more
Old 10-21-2010, 01:14 AM #12
jballer08

SEEK way to be a dick ..people are redicoules sometime sorry u didnt go back and re read everything i didnt think this was a high school class...
Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 AM #13
jballer08

i ment it cronoed at 200 fps but when i switched the reg over to my other gun with a gauge on it it was at 190 to 200 psi on the gauge on my other gun that is not broken
Old 10-21-2010, 01:52 AM #14
thedjap1 (Banned)

Funny how no one adresses the lpr issue. It looks like a f8 plug in the lpr areA
Old 10-21-2010, 01:37 PM #15
mik2ball

thedjap1, you are correct that he has no LPR, but that shouldn't cause any blown noids in anyways. If anything without should be even easier to maintain.

200fps at 200psi? that's a tad off, you shouldn't be getting that combination of numbers. Have you checked your valve? and their orings?? Maybe you the valve is damaged and not allowing the amount pressure necessary to increase the FPS even though the regulator is set properly. Other than replacing all oring with the correct sizes and servicing your noid, I am stumped. Anyone else want give this guy a hand?
Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 PM #16
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
does it have the stock LPR? make sure that is at 0psi.

then air it up and set the hpr from 0 to 230psi

then bring the lpr out until the marker fires

I had a similar issue a while ago, i rebuilt the lpr wrong and my gun leaked like crazy. We all thought it was my valve but after i took apart and resembled the lpr it was fine.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:03 PM #17
thedjap1 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
does it have the stock LPR? make sure that is at 0psi.

then air it up and set the hpr from 0 to 230psi

then bring the lpr out until the marker fires

I had a similar issue a while ago, i rebuilt the lpr wrong and my gun leaked like crazy. We all thought it was my valve but after i took apart and resembled the lpr it was fine.
Is that the correct way to dial the fusion in?because I have been running like almost 300psi this whole time since I owned the gun off the hpr, I never messed with the lpr before.....?
Old 10-22-2010, 11:02 PM #18
CA_Tectonics

thedjap1, I think 300psi is a little too high to be running at. You should be in the low to mid 200s.

Here is a good description of how to set-up your HPR and LPR on your Fusion. Got this straight from the Ultimate Sticky:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fds View Post
This is how to adjust you vlocity:

This is with the stock fuison

Ok first thing you need to do before airing you gun up is to set the regs.

There are two regs on the fusion.
1) HPR/OPR (as in manual)
2) LPR

I'm not going to get in how they effect the fusion and how the lpr converts the air and all that.

So here we go...

You need to bottom out both of your regs before airing the fusion up.

How do you do this?

Hold your fusion upside down so you can see the serial number (under the trigger guard) you will first set the HPR/OPR to 0 psi.

You do this by turning you adjustment screw clockwise so the adjustment screw is screwed in the whole way. Make sure you dont overtighten it just until you feel a little resistance and that should be good.

Now to make sure you have done this correctly look in the adjustment screw and make sure the adjustment screw is below the c clip. THis means that you have succesfully bottomed out the reg

Now for the LPR...

This reg is the reg that adjusts the fps on the fusion.

The LPR is located under the breech.

You once again turn the adjustment screw in, this is just like the hpr. As stated above turn it clockwise or in so its all the way in.

Now for setting your fusion up:

Now that you have bottomed out both regs now is the time to air up your gun.

Air up... pppppppppppssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

your gauge above the hpr should read zero if it reads 600 its not my fault you are a newb and dont follow my directions.

anyways...

you should set your HPR to 230-250.

To do this you are going to want to turn your adjustment screw out or counter clockwise. You have to whatch your gauge do not let it go over 300psi. stop turning the adjustment screw out when the needle hits the line after 200 psi (this would be 250 psi the recomended pressure you should have your fusion at)

You have now set your HPR/OPR

Now for the LPR...

The gun should not cycle at this point (this would be a good time to turn your gun on )

Now make sure there is NO paint in your breech. turn your adjustment screw out or counter clockwise until the fusion fully cycles

Now head off to the chrono...

Keep on turning your adjutstment screw out until you reach your desired FPS.

All this for adjusting your fusion

THIS IS NOT AS HARD AS IT SOUNDS

*** your fusion will leak when setting the HPR and LPR this is just because there is not enough pressure in your gun to have the noid seal so just keep on turning up the presure to 250 not above***

If it leaks over 250 psi and your LPR is still bottomed out turn it up and it should stop after a turn or two. If it dosn't youve got a problem. I'll get up a leak guid when i feel like it.

I am not responsiable for any damage to your fusion
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:07 AM #19
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

has been a member for 10 years
It is getting a little late here and my eyes are not as good as they used to be. I just wanted to ask a couple of things....first of all that is an F8 cap on the front where the F7 would normally have an LPR. Now the solenoids did change slightly from the F7 to the F8 however I do not believe the pressure capacity changed. I think the main difference was going to the silver end which is another type of metal (possibly steel) and allowed for better power consumption (less power used) by the solenoid. Now have you actually tried 5 different Fusion solenoids or is that an exageration? I do that a lot too and that is why I am asking. Second, what happens if you continue to allow increased pressure into the solenoid? The reason I ask this question is because I had a Fusion that would leak a little until the marker was close to 200 psi. Then the leak went away and I believe that was because that was the pressure that particular marker needed to have to seal up everything.

EDIT- In all honesty after reading all of this thread it may be best for him to send it in to DP so they can handle things. I am not saying this in a mean way but it sounds like he has several problems going on at once and is not experienced enough to tackle them all. I cannot stress enough that I am not saying this in a mean manner, but as a person who would like to see this marker up and running for this guy.

-violet/silver Dangerous Power G3SE-

-purple/black Dangerous Power Fusion LE-

-red/black Dangerous Power Threshold-

Last edited by rottensquad07 : 10-23-2010 at 12:10 AM.
rottensquad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:38 PM #20
jballer08

yeah i think i am sending it .. and yess i have used 5 or more solinoids. are team gets them free...im just goin to try sending it in thank u guys
Old 11-05-2010, 02:15 PM #21
KiNGTuRk

KiNGTuRk owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Smile

It's the LPR issue. I had the same problem in my F8. I look down the HPR where u can see the LPR grooves. Make sure u tighten enough until u see the open part on the LPR. Solenoid just relube the orings alittle. If the bolt in the forward position then u have a wrong orings on back part of the hammer.

Last edited by KiNGTuRk : 11-06-2010 at 12:09 AM.
KiNGTuRk is offline   Reply With Quote