Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-18-2014, 07:58 PM #1
Hellf1ghter22

Best Manufacturer for 50 cal paintballs? Ect...

I will purchasing 50 cal for a portion of my rental fleet when tippmanns 50 cal marker comes out. It took me awhile to find the brand of paintballs I use for 68 cal but have settled on gi 3 star.

What brand of 50 cal paint has great break-ability?

I read something about Low Impact 50 cal, is that a special paintball or just any 50 cal?

in short, What 50 cal Paintballs have you used and what works best?
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2014, 11:23 AM #2
PB Innovations

Basically there are 3 manufactures of .50 caliber paint , GI, Kee and Nelson.

A lot of field owner refer to .50 caliber as "Low Impact". The .50 caliber paintball is a different animal than its .68 Caliber counterpart with a thinner shell. It will tend to go from very brittle stuff such as Splatmaster (designed for the spring driven pump marker to some that is harder than rocks. It has gotten much better the last couple years thou.

Depending on your quantity, GI will do a custom ball for you and the environment that you are in. Kee is starting to offer a better variety of .50 cal paint with the new .50 caliber Marbs coming soon. Nelson will also work with you to get a ball that fits your needs and environment.

I have tested a lot of .50 caliber paint and found that 3 star seems to be the best in the converted .68 cal high pressure markers. The converted NME's handle seem to handle the more brittle paints better.

I would recommend getting a couple cases of each and doing some testing in your environment to see what actually works best for you. Keep in mind that the paint that works good in the summer may not work in the winter...
50 Caliber Solutions for the Field Owner
www.paintballinnovations.com
PB Innovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:03 AM #3
Hellf1ghter22

Thank you for your response! We are in Maui so its warm and a little humid, not florida humid but still humid. Does Splatmaster work in anything other then their guns? that would be nice if the new tippmanns would fire it. I think Kee and gi 3 star seem like the best bet but gi says that the 3 star 50 cal is not an on stock item and would need to be a custom order. Their glow 50 cal is in stock and 3 star but thats it. Maybe things have changed since my last inquiry 6 months ago.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:24 AM #4
GatSplat

I get 5 pallets of 50 cal delivered from GI each month. I used to use the splatmaster, but GI made a better paint custom for me, and packaged it better... In sealed bags of 500 instead of bread tie bags of 1000.

As far as the Tippmann 50's.. I got some this week... but they are not in production yet. Still working on getting the shot count up a bit more, but they are so superior to what we have been using from a quality standpoint.

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.
GatSplat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:24 AM #5
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat View Post
As far as the Tippmann 50's.. I got some this week... but they are not in production yet. Still working on getting the shot count up a bit more, but they are so superior to what we have been using from a quality standpoint.
I assume they haven't given you a realistic release date yet then. I asked my rep at the beginning of June, but he gave me the standard expect reply of, "still on schedule, end of June".

What was the shot count on the ones you have, if you are allowed to say?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:32 PM #6
GatSplat

I actually have my tech working on them for shot count.. out of the box... not too impressive, but we were able to tweak one up to about 275 shots on a 13. I think we can do better that that though.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:14 PM #7
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
I personally like the Formula 13 that has the gold shell w/ pink fill. I remember the green shell being a little too brittle for me.

Also note, the gold shell will leave a little residue if you let it sit for more than a month (not really an issue if you're going through 50 cal rentals, just don't use a clear loader... I'll post a video shortly)
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
ProMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:42 AM #8
coyote5987

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
The new 50 cal opus is a good gun.....main problem is the hopper and its being fixed......

I am also using the formula 13 ball and I am very happy with it....I'm sure I will run into more issue with the opus as we have only has them two weekends, but so far they are night and day from the old one. And u can get 500 shots with a 13 cubic inch tank! Parents and kids are LOVING the 50 cal
coyote5987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:27 PM #9
GatSplat

Just got the Gog 50 eNMEy's in... In a word... Amazing. About the same size as the spyder, look way cooler. Giving kids the choice of which gun. Wanna guess? 32 out of 32 took the gog. The triggers feel great, they are quiet, and can shoot a full hopper on a 13. We'll work the daylights out of them over the weekend, but so far... so glad I waited for the Gog.

Now this is the stock body. The rental body has no groves or other places for paint to get in, but those are shipping in a few weeks.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:04 PM #10
G-Hottest

I like Nelson
G-Hottest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:56 AM #11
coyote5987

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
The bolts and hoppers have been fixed on the spyders. Only other issue I am having is the ball detent is terrible.....KEE is in the process of replacing the hard plastic one with a soft rubber one....after the ball detent issue is fixed I am really not seeing any other problems with it....u have to locktite all the main screws on the spyder BUT I had to do the same thing to all my 68 cal gogs.

Also. Kees formula 13 , 50 cal comes in a 2,000 count case of 4 completely sealed bags of 500
coyote5987 is offline   Reply With Quote