PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-31-2010, 06:55 PM #1
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

sharkethic86 is Legendary
NJ Permit requirement?

Ok so I just was speaking with my mother who heard on the radio on her way home from work that there is a new law being put into a place that will require anyone living in NJ to register their paintball gun and have a permit or risk fines if found with them. This is even if you're traveling to a designated paintball establishment and your gear is disassembled and out of reach of the driver. I have only limited details on the situation but if anyone has more info or can shed some light on the topic please chime in. I will continue to search for info and post anything if I do.
sharkethic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM #2
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
So walmart can't sell a paintball marker without (Basically) a fire arms permit?
Sounds a little ridiculous to me. I would say a paintball marker is closer to a BB gun or an airsoft gun than an actual gun. Only requirement should be 18 or with a parent to buy and operate. What about people driving thru NJ to a paintball event? They have to stop at the border and get a permit?

Now if they're trying to stop vandalism etc with paintball markers I can totally see this law getting rubber stamped by the powers that be.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:51 PM #3
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

sharkethic86 is Legendary
I don't know anything about it 100%. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the subject
sharkethic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:37 AM #4
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
A friend of mine who recently moved to NJ told me that he has to have his marker in a case, no barrel, no tank and possibly no hopper on it.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:58 PM #5
L.G.
PAP.OG

L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:02 PM #6
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I would be surprised if this had been put in place without being posted here in the News section. Ask your local field and store owners, as they should be able to tell you at least the very basis of any similar law, upcoming or in place. Of course, looking up state/city law wouldn't be a bad idea, though I don't have much experience with that. I'd like to say you could call your City Hall for more info, but that's just a hunch.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:08 AM #7
Jhosgood
Joe

Jhosgood supports Team VICIOUS
Ive asked around quite a bit at my local stores. Not a single store owner has heard of it but just because it wouldnt suprise me if new jersey did this i think i am going to call my local police station.

I walk around outside *while transporting my marker to the field* with a barrel hopper and tank on my gun. Very occasionally people will stare and just realize its a *toy or paintball gun*

ive been pulled over one time with my gun fully assembled in my front seat with a seat belt across it as a joke with one of my friends. Cop looked at it asked what it was asked if it was unloaded and sent me on my way after giving me a seat belt ticket.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:22 AM #8
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Generally speaking, it is unwise to carry a paintball gun assembled in arm's reach of the driver or a passenger, particularly if it happens to be something flashy like a decked-out Mil-Sim type gun. No matter the type of paintgun, however, you're asking for trouble.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:10 PM #9
DircheBag

DircheBag has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
assemble at site only... from what I know there is no required permit as long as you are over 18... I wouldn't walk around with it assembled or drive with it assembled anymore... you prolly could have skipped that seatbelt ticket... but it's your money if you prefer to spend it on fines
DircheBag is offline   Reply With Quote