This story starts around 5 years ago when I was playing woods ball with a church group and was given a dirty, beat up tigershark. I mainly play speedball but at the time I had built a custom cocker pump to use in the woods. One of the guys I was playing with picked up a pair of tigersharks for cheap at a garage sale. He only wanted the nice, clean one and gave me the other one. I cleaned it up and added a new power tube and seals. Gun shot just fine after that.
From there I decided to make it into a bolt action gun. I removed the pump handle and added a 16" spyder barrel I had laying around from my first gun. The gun is not Spyder threaded but it's close enough. I added nail polish detents in the barrel to stop roll outs. I use a piece of the pump handle arms to cover the left hand side slot. I was looking for a pump handle and I wanted one that would thread into the bolt so it was removable to travel. I had a stock shocker bolt guide sitting around and though it would work. I cut the bolt guide down to the size I wanted. Luckily the part I cut into was already hollowed out and was easy to tap. I tapped the cut end of the bolt guide, then screwed a screw into it and cut the head off of screw. Once cut to the right length the handle screwed in perfectly. I wrapped the handle in black athletic tape for grip and to cover the silver color. Since I was making this as a sniper I wanted stock class feeds. I made my own out of some 3/4" PVC pipe and a 90* elbow. I made two different ones, 1 that holds 10rds and 15rds. I found these black rubber ends around my garage and cut them into quick feeds so a 10rd tube can be loaded into them. I bought a stock butt end for a 9 oz tank that I already had. The last thing I added was a 30mm red dot sight. The rail on a TigerShark is a 3/8" dove tail but I just slid the sight over the rail and tightened it down. It held but wasn't on the rail since it is a weaver size rail mounting.
edit: forgot to add that I made a mock silencer for the gun too. I used a black plastic bat for the tube part, old school plastic pod lids for ends and packed it with thin layers of foam. It did end up reducing the noise of the gun but was just for looks.
This was the end of stage 1. I did these mods and used the gun in this setup a couple of times in the woods about 5 years ago, the same summer I received the gun.
How it currently sits:
With mock silencer
10rd stock feed (I know it's ****ty PVC and spray paint but its for being dragged through the brush on a free gun)
All packed up in my gun case, unzip and put together my rifle
I also have a 12 gram changer that I can use for a shorter version of the gun.
Recently I've been too busy and too poor to play speedball anymore after 4 years of college and playing/running the school team. I was looking at building another custom cocker sniper or buying a T9/T9.1 but both options were a lot of money. After not wanting to spend the money I decided I could do something with my old TigerShark that's been laying around in it's case for years.
Here is my new plan:
Mod to shoot First Strike rounds
some kind of rotating breach
Properly mount the red dot sight
dove tail to weaver adapter
barrel mounted, folding bipod
New mock silencer
not a big concern but it completes the over all look of the gun. I will probably make it functional since the barrel is only ported at the end it will be easy to make it quieter.
smooth body - removed the flying balls and wording, removed the word "Tigershark" from the frame. I plan on properly filling and sealing the left hand side cocking slot with black plastic so it looks stock. I also want to fill in the rail sides that have square cuts.
I wrapped the barrel in the black athletic tape as the handle to remove the shine from the gloss black it is.
fully custom polished internals and tuned to 295fps
I want to paint the entire gun and barrel with matte black Duracoat to give everything a nice even finish.
I have started these plans but haven't done too much. I wanted to make this thread to track the process and show everybody else what I'm doing.
I need to order some first strike rounds and have them in hand before I start modding the breech. I will be doing more of the body work soon and hope to have the left side sealed up very soon. I plan on sanding to smooth so you can't tell its there.
I will add pics when I take them. I'll try to grab some before too much changes.