PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-14-2016, 09:43 AM #1
Colesifer

I'm back!

Hey guys, I have been away from the game for about 8 years while I have been raising my son and living the family life, now I have decided on comming back to the game I love. I'm a speed ball player and have tournament experience over the many years I played. I'm currently working on buying everything I need again to start playing and maybe I can start having some fun with yall..

Where are the good feilds at anymore?

Any info would be great. I'm located up north in the sedona area.

Thanks!
Cole
Colesifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2016, 02:03 AM #2
ImpulseAbduction

has been a member for 10 years
Cole,

Welcome back to the sport. Sadly, I do not know the fields that would be closest to you. Nor the type of paintball you are looking for. FAP ( Fort adobe paintball) has completely shut down speedball and are done with it. They however have invested into their Rec ball.

Buckeye- 2 fields, 1 full awesome turf, rec ball area as well. This is where all the teams are playing.

Wild West paintball- Decent rec ball, currently 1 turf field, they will be expanding and adding a second in the near-ish future. About 3 - 4 teams practice out there. Us included.
GWC #174
PayPal Verified
-
Coaching PHOENIX EPIC
Always looking for new talent -- Actively recruiting
-
Bring Back 15 BPS please and True X Ball.
ImpulseAbduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:46 PM #3
Ajrob1

FAP closed down their speedball field? Why?
Ajrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:29 PM #4
Colesifer

Thanks for the response! Seems like nobody pays much attention to the forums anymore. I do plan on making the trip down to the valley to go play. Sounds like Buckeye will be where I will be playing for the most part eh?

I'm definitely a speed ball player..never really got into the rec ball side of things
I just picked up a rsx shocker and most of what I need to be on the feild to play..I still need to aquire a few things but I'll be out there very soon!

Cole
Colesifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:04 PM #5
ImpulseAbduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajrob1 View Post
FAP closed down their speedball field? Why?
That is the big question. From what I have been told:

They have been doing it for 14 years, they make way more money on rentals and rec ball. Too much drama with trying to host an event. ( They single handedly killed AZPPL - And they also managed to stop a WCPPL single event from being hosted here as well).

Because of relationships with WCPPL and Buckeye, that will never happen either. I have been doing what I can to partner with a couple people with some money to go into Wild West and help their expansion move along faster and become a dominant field.

Back On topic:

The bunkers were leaking at FAP, people were complaining, they had the best turf around, and the worst bunkers. They didnt want to patch, or replace with new bunkers. They simply got tired of running the business. Which really sucks.
If I had the money, I would buy that field in a heart beat.
GWC #174
PayPal Verified
-
Coaching PHOENIX EPIC
-
Old 06-20-2016, 03:06 PM #6
ImpulseAbduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colesifer View Post
Thanks for the response! Seems like nobody pays much attention to the forums anymore. I do plan on making the trip down to the valley to go play. Sounds like Buckeye will be where I will be playing for the most part eh?

I'm definitely a speed ball player..never really got into the rec ball side of things
I just picked up a rsx shocker and most of what I need to be on the feild to play..I still need to aquire a few things but I'll be out there very soon!

Cole
PBN died a lot when the owner sold it. A ton of drama with the build up, and people thinking it would never happen. He basically sold this place for its awesome content and driven community to another group fro approximately $4- 7 million dollars. A ton of traffic left, and with facebook allowing gear sales a ton of people went to that which really sucks. There is no feedback system etc. People are getting scammed, and you cant really sell paintball guns on Facebook anymore, because they classify it as a fire arm etc. So the gun selling will still mostly stick to PBN.

A teammate quit recently actually, and is selling everything. I have pants, jersey, bounce vest, elbow pads, mask and his AXE, and I think a tank for sale if you need something. Shoot me a PM.
GWC #174
PayPal Verified
-
Coaching PHOENIX EPIC
-
ReplyRegional Ups