Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-19-2015, 11:04 PM #1
lovethesundaygrind

Disruptive speedball? And teams in Tucson?

I'll start off by asking does Disruptive have airball anymore? I heard their airball field went down. Also any teams out there? I know Hellcats made a comeback ? Anyone else?
lovethesundaygrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2015, 01:34 PM #2
lovethesundaygrind

I guess the lack of replys really says it all. Man I wish Tucson paintball was still competitive.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:18 PM #3
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
There's no real competitive paintball in any of Arizona anymore, not just Tuscon.

2014 Vapor for trade only

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:53 PM #4
lovethesundaygrind

Sad stuff I guess that happens when there is half filled airball at disruptive.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:18 AM #5
Indecisionx

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethesundaygrind View Post
I guess the lack of replys really says it all. Man I wish Tucson paintball was still competitive.

Not to say you're wrong... cuz it's dead everywhere in this state. But I find it hilarious that no replies in 2.5hrs qualifies a city as dead, lol.

Last edited by Indecisionx : 02-22-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Indecisionx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:41 PM #6
jdoghubb
AZ Paintball 105+ Degrees

jdoghubb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdoghubb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Anyone know how well the xpl event did today? Numbers total and number of teams from az? I'm sure it's not "dead". And I'm sure the ones saying it's dead are the ones who aren't out there every week.
jdoghubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:22 PM #7
Indecisionx

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoghubb View Post
Anyone know how well the xpl event did today? Numbers total and number of teams from az? I'm sure it's not "dead". And I'm sure the ones saying it's dead are the ones who aren't out there every week.
Something that all the people from Phoenix need to learn is that "Arizona" does not mean "Phoenix" or "Greater Phoenix Area." Phoenix is only a very small part of Arizona. I know this is a really complicated and convoluted concept, but I swear it's true.

Also, there are many of us interested in playing in a competitive series of some sort that isn't a APPA, PSP, or XPL level event. XPL doesn't even have a functioning website... sounds promising. I'd love a statewide series... but the general consensus is 1) there aren't enough players to support it and 2) fields don't want to host because of cost.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:14 PM #8
lovethesundaygrind

Quote:
You are partly right I haven't been to the fields in a while. I has my reasons to stop playing like everyone. Mainly the loss of competition at the feild. I will go back to the feildbrkng new people with me. Along with old players hopefully. I am going to try and do my part. That's why I started this thread to hopefully get a team to compete with.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:00 PM #9
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
The big thing is convincing the talented players to actually WANT to play tournies. I've been playing at Cowtown a lot recently on Saturdays, and there's some really talented players there. But they don't have any interest in tournies due to cost and travel. The only way I see teams forming is if there's an AFFORDABLE tournaments they can enter that doesn't require a ton of travel.

2014 Vapor for trade only

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:10 PM #10
lovethesundaygrind

True very true. They can't be forced and if they don't want to play then that's their choice. But this thread is about looking for Tucson players who might want to play. I'm all for making thread about ideas to get AZ pb running again but this one has kinda gotten off topic.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:10 PM #11
98tippmann98
Did you say chocolate?

98tippmann98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98tippmann98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
This. Tucson Soulless. We have a D5 and D4 who both played XPL this weekend and D4 ended up in second place. We've been together for about 2 months. The team consists mostly of DP employees and others picked along the way, all out of Tucson. We're out there every weekend. If you see half of the airball field up, thats most likely us using what we have to drill, or we'll play open game every once and a while. Tucson paintball definitely isn't dead to those who come out every weekend.

"Letís face it, our sport is RELIANT on word-of-mouth advertising. That is one thing that has not changed since I have played and will not change until the industry steps up and makes a change that will not only help grow our sport, but allow field owners to make more profit, which will then allow for REAL advertising and so on.."
98tippmann98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:07 PM #12
lovethesundaygrind

Congrats gentleman glad you are making due.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:47 PM #13
jdoghubb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tippmann98 View Post
This. Tucson Soulless. We have a D5 and D4 who both played XPL this weekend and D4 ended up in second place. We've been together for about 2 months. The team consists mostly of DP employees and others picked along the way, all out of Tucson. We're out there every weekend. If you see half of the airball field up, thats most likely us using what we have to drill, or we'll play open game every once and a while. Tucson paintball definitely isn't dead to those who come out every weekend.
Glad to hear it. I wanna see pics from the event, from the sound of it it was a great time.

The reason why all the "paintball is dead" noise is on pbnation is because the people complaining aren't out here. All of us who are striving to get better and play against other likeminded people know how the environment is. Every single outdoor field in Arizona can field at least one decent D4 team, maybe D3 team, guaranteed. All that's needed is motivation and dedication to play on a team.

At Wild West we already have 7-8 teams asking to use the speedball field for scrimmages and drills every weekend when its up. PHX Fatalysts are going to be the main guys setting up the field, and we plan on getting in touch with teams in the east valley who want to scrimmage and play consistently. Hopefully this will bring more local competition, and maybe a team ran tournament or two.

Players need to realize that fields don't need to be the ones running the tournaments, they just need to host them. A team could easily get interest, post a facebook event, get 8 teams and have a fun, low entry tournament. Our team did this with the two man-20 ball tournament a few months ago. Ya it was small, not very competitive, and no big payout, but it happened, it was local, and it was fun.

Phoenix Fatalysts #12
https://www.facebook.com/PHXFATALYSTS
Luxe 2.0/Ego11/CCM T2--Spire/Revvy---45/4500
AZ Player? Arizona Paintball And Airsoft B/S/T on Facebook.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:16 AM #14
AZbullitt

Working on a UofA team. I know several guys who want to play.. It's hard to college guys out on the field without teams to practice with locally.. but im sure they would be open to anything. But the big issue for tucson is disruptive is our only option and the field isn't even up every weekend. I also work at the field there and have heard many times about a new field but so far nothing.

Are you guys going to be at disruptive this weekend?
AZbullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:44 AM #15
98tippmann98
Did you say chocolate?

We make trips out to FAP or buckeye every couple weeks, and its always a quality practice with quality teams. Tucson guys, be patient! I know we've all been waiting a long time for this new field, but it's coming, and its damn nice. It will be worth the wait. As for this weekend, there's no scheduled practice but there's always at least 3 or more guys doing something.

"Letís face it, our sport is RELIANT on word-of-mouth advertising. That is one thing that has not changed since I have played and will not change until the industry steps up and makes a change that will not only help grow our sport, but allow field owners to make more profit, which will then allow for REAL advertising and so on.."
Old 02-23-2015, 10:33 AM #16
Indecisionx

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Glad to hear it. I wanna see pics from the event, from the sound of it it was a great time.

The reason why all the "paintball is dead" noise is on pbnation is because the people complaining aren't out here. All of us who are striving to get better and play against other likeminded people know how the environment is. Every single outdoor field in Arizona can field at least one decent D4 team, maybe D3 team, guaranteed. All that's needed is motivation and dedication to play on a team.
There needs to be a local feeder series for this to be feasible IMHO. And again, there are plenty of guys, like me for instance, that would play a once a month statewide series, but there isn't one. I don't have time to play on an APPA/PSP team and I don't have the money for the required travel. It's just not feasible for everyone. More power to those that want to do it, but it's not for everyone.

Quote:
Players need to realize that fields don't need to be the ones running the tournaments, they just need to host them. A team could easily get interest, post a facebook event, get 8 teams and have a fun, low entry tournament. Our team did this with the two man-20 ball tournament a few months ago. Ya it was small, not very competitive, and no big payout, but it happened, it was local, and it was fun.
This was all covered in the AZ Paintball thread. A lot of us would like to see a series as I mentioned above, but again the general consensus is not enough players are interested. I've said it would be great if one of the larger fields like westworld would start hat league or something playing once a month for 6mo. Good way to test the waters.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:43 PM #17
zuniga0331
Semper Fi

I moved back to AZ last year.... Came from playing on marine team at CP every weekend which was packed with teams every week.

The difference was, there was an RPL or D-league event EVERY month. Every local team in the area made their way down to kick the crap out of eachother on the turf. . .

I agree, if AZ wants to boost the tournament scene they need to set up an affordable local event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fZbZFHamrU
zuniga0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:17 PM #18
jdoghubb

Once the field gets set up at Wild West and I can gauge the teams and turnouts, we can get started organizing a monthly/bimonthly league ran by players for low cost. Have to first prove there is interest and some profit. I dont think we will have a issue with either if everyone on the AZPBN forums participates.

Phoenix Fatalysts #12
Old 02-24-2015, 01:07 PM #19
98tippmann98
Did you say chocolate?

There were specific days held in buckeye before XPL as a mock tournament, and everything was ran pretty smooth. I'd like to see some organized practice days for teams. The field owners gain profit, everyone becomes more connected as a community, and everyone gets the practice that they need. All we'd need is to start a facebook group, get teams involved, and they can post up when and where they are practicing. We must start small and prove to those it may concern, that there is a large enough community. Once we're all established and communicating, then we can start talking about kickstarting an Arizona league of our own.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:26 PM #20
jdoghubb

https://www.facebook.com/groups/595021717230747/

So revitalize that or make a new one? It hasnt seen much activity if any lately.

Phoenix Fatalysts #12
Old 02-24-2015, 06:41 PM #21
lovethesundaygrind

You should make a new one where people who want to participate can.
ReplyRegional Ups