PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 PM #43
ElDiablo316
The Fighting Chicken

Still it is your word aginst his, I still fail to see what you wanted the field owner to do about it. Agreed that you feel wronged and maybe you were, BUT it is still a he said vs he said.

and just an FYI I was there when the man said he got it from the table not the ground and your responce was..." did you bring it, then it must not be yours"

I have no doubt that he had a pod that belonged to you....but you can not prove he took it from your bag, just like he can't prove he got it off the table..it is a wash and the field owner did the best they could....unless you want this country to become Nazi Germany where the mere accusation is enough to convict you.

and on a last side note before I am done with all this E-Thuggery, you did trash Colin at Official, so if you two are "good" then it is because like most people in the paintball biz..they are forgiving.

So next time you get "ripped-off"...either deal with it yourself or raise a bigger stink with the owner...but don't come on a public fourm and whine that you got a raw deal because someone would not brace the thief youself

www.Draxxus.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2010, 07:29 PM #44
Stubbs Magee
Not Mike.

Stubbs Magee plays in the PSP
Stubbs Magee owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Stubbs Magee plays in the APPA D3 division
If a guy stole your pod, take his after the next game. Problem solved.
Fort Paintball.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:38 PM #45
jonboy01 (Banned)

jonboy01 plays in the PSP
jonboy01 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jonboy01 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs Magee View Post
If a guy stole your pod, take his after the next game. Problem solved.
Or just kill him, then take the pod. Derr.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:03 PM #46
Stubbs Magee
Not Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy01 View Post
Or just kill him, then take the pod. Derr.
Only if you possess ninja skills. This guy seems to be lacking in the required skills to perform such an act.....
Fort Paintball.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:44 PM #47
2_JuLeZ_8

I would have lit his *** up.. !! LOL "RATS" are the lowest of the low.. and that pik you took was priceless.. his face said "RAT" hahah set a trap next time your out there.. when he gets close give him a hopper full !!!! "JUSTICE"
Old 11-01-2010, 09:21 PM #48
PlumberNick9
ASM Council

Annual Supporting Member
PlumberNick9 plays in the PSP
PlumberNick9 donated to help Peyton Trent
PlumberNick9 supports our troops
PlumberNick9 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PlumberNick9 plays in the APPA D4 division
OP sounds like a big puss. You had your chance to kick his ***, now its too late. Get over it cry baby.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:16 PM #49
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

Like many of you I have played all over. I can't believe the number of bags, boxes, and trunks i see laying around open and unattended. There's always people (A** holes) who feel entitled to other peoples stuff.

Because we all unpack, set-up, air up, gear up, leave our stuff and go play we as players have to be aware and use some better judgement when it comes to gear.

Here's a few rules I learned from experience and some teams:
Rule #1 Never ever leave your gun unattended.
Rule #2 Someone from the team or group should always remain with the gear
Rule #3 When you leave your gear to go play alway keep the bags closed.
Rule #4 (the most important) mark everything you own. Tanks, pods, mask, gloves, pads, and even rags should heve your name or initials on them. Guns should have your name and DOB (date of birth) on the inside behind the grip.
Rule #5 keep a bike lock in your bag to lock your bag to a table or chair (hard to carry both away) USE THE LOCK.

With that said. Relying on simply telling the field owner someone has taken your stuff requires you or someone to go get them. The best thing I ever saw, at a field, was when a guy tried to take some stuff from another guys bag. The guy started yelling "THEIF", he yelled it over, and over and over and pointed at the guys walking with him as he walked away until there was a huge crowd. The crowd stopped him from leaving and the issue was resolved when the field director came and told the guy to empty his bag or the cops would be called. He did the items in question (gun & mask) was identified. The guy he stole it from said thats mine and here's how its marked. They checked and it was marked. After coming close to getting his A** kicked by the crowd he left and was banned.

There's strength in numbers and if there is a large crowd the field owner/director is force to take some type of action.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:17 PM #50
onlinepie
Matt@FPS-Photography.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiablo316 View Post
I was there and yes you did approach the owner who went over to talk to that person right away

So as you stood by your bag some random man took a pod outa your bag infront of you then gave it back to you??

I actually asked the owner later in the day why the guy was still there. All shed say was it was a tough decision. It was the first and the last time I'll ever play there. Believe mw when I say I was not cool with it!
If you were not "cool with it" why did you not get a refund and leave?

You said in a earlier post she was very nice..but you still blame her?

The whole problem was and is that it was your word aginst his..he did not even have the pod in question..you did.
The man was there with a group in which he paid over $400 to play paintball with rental equipment for his group...iam not saying he did not take a pod but you have to admit to pay that kind of money and to take a pod out your bag seems strange.

the man did say that he picked up a pod off of the table, but when you said it was your he returned it...how close were you when he got it?/ and I do believe that it was not your first time at this field...you were on the nation last year blasting Official paintball games of Texas and some of the regular players there, where you said you were only playing at FORT from then on.

I hate a thief, and what ever they get --they deserve it---but in this case the man had several witness saying he did not go in you bag, not all of the were in his group (most were) I think what happend here was a little what you said and some of what he said and the owner could not sic the cops on him over a pod and just your word vs his...if he did go into you bag you learned a couple of lessons...# 1 seeing someone "eyeball" your bag , it is time to move your stuff or lock it in a car...# 2 you see a person in your bag..kick the crap outa him, don't run tell it and expect them to take just your word...when you have NO PROOF!

this sucks all the way around but really can anyone honestly say that they want a field owner to come and harrass them and accuse them of a crime & ban them with out ANY thing other than a disgruntled paintball players accusations?

Since the guy "took" your pod , you called him out here on the nation, even tho there is no way he reads this stuff...but to try to get everyone to dump on the owner in a public thread because you did not get the result you wanted....lets just say that was a "not cool" thing to do.

best of luck to you at the new field you pick to play at [/quote]

I wish I could Sig all of this

you know why they call it an xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away
Old 11-01-2010, 10:18 PM #51
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

One last thing. If that pic is really the A** hole you need to post the field and location so other know who to watch out for. non-regular players typically play one field. regular players play multiple fields but have fav's
Old 11-01-2010, 10:19 PM #52
onlinepie
Matt@FPS-Photography.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdare View Post

"You're Mexican too bro. Why didn't you help me out?"
"That's just how we do things. It's ok to take stuff from other people"
You almost made sense until this. Now your racist?

you know why they call it an xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away
Old 11-03-2010, 11:06 PM #53
whitexican04

It must suck to have a really really small dick, I think ever field should get together and ban this guy for being a little *****. Just my thought, O and i am not talking about the "stealing mexican"
Old 11-03-2010, 11:52 PM #54
SHOCKER_1992

SHOCKER_1992 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jesus christ people this thread is so ****ing stupid... i know how to fix all this ****, drop the ****ing thought..

its over and done with and everyone has to keep nagging the problem so bam wam ding problems solved!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:07 AM #55
bdare
NOR*CAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kuykendall View Post
One last thing. If that pic is really the A** hole you need to post the field and location so other know who to watch out for. non-regular players typically play one field. regular players play multiple fields but have fav's
I posted the guy's picture in the thread for the field where this occured.
GA 68/45
Halo V35 w/rip
Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 AM #56
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
phillysteve supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjshotty View Post
I can tell you first hand (watched it happen) that one of the owners here in SA, when notified of theft, will lock everybody in until the person's found out (searching cars, bags, whatever it takes). Thief is perma-banned from the field and he gives the gear owner option to press charges before releasing the thief.
You're not allowed, by law, to keep a person against their will in any location. It does not matter if you suspect the person of stealing something or not. If you're not an officer, you cannot inprision someone or hold them. Try and hold me against my will and see how quickly you end up in a cell. If I try to walk away and you grab me and move me against my will it is now considered kidnapping and you will be charged for a felony wether I can kick the **** out of you or not, I'd rather ruin your life with a felony.

I must agree though. The OP is sounding pretty whiney. The guy tried to take a pod that he said was laying around. We all know the 'pod rule'. You may leave the field with as many pods as you came to the field with, regardless of who has whos pods. Pods come and go. I will go to a field with 4 pods on my back and leave with 4 completely different pods on almost a weekly basis, it happens.

1. You told the owner what happened, multiple people did not account for the story the same way you did thus the owner had no reason to believe any one side enough to take action.
2. You caught the guy, embarrassed him, and got your item back. The field has nothing to gain by banning him for you when the stories are so contradicting and nothing was permnantly lost.
3. You're posting a picture of a guy who doesn't come to these forums, rents equipment, and picked up a pod and are creating a witchhunt to have him banned, grow up like you expect him to.
4. Get a lock for your bag and never leave anything you can't afford to lose out in public. Put it in your car and you won't have to worry about sticky fingered individuals.
5. We all hate thieves, but there is no proof that this guy is a thief.
6. In the paintball community we have many more people we run into on a daily basis on and off the field who piss us off a lot more than some guy picking up your pod that was left out in the open. I am sure if this guy really wanted to steal from you he would have sat out a game and taken your whole bag when no one was around.

Now lets stick a fork in this thread and call it done.
GLOCK 19

Last edited by phillysteve : 11-04-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:58 AM #57
bdare
NOR*CAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
You're not allowed, by law, to keep a person against their will in any location. It does not matter if you suspect the person of stealing something or not. If you're not an officer, you cannot inprision someone or hold them. Try and hold me against my will and see how quickly you end up in a cell. If I try to walk away and you grab me and move me against my will it is now considered kidnapping and you will be charged for a felony wether I can kick the **** out of you or not, I'd rather ruin your life with a felony.
I agree with you but just to play devils advocate... What about store owners who hold shop lifters until the police arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
I must agree though. The OP is sounding pretty whiney. The guy tried to take a pod that he said was laying around. We all know the 'pod rule'. You may leave the field with as many pods as you came to the field with, regardless of who has whos pods. Pods come and go. I will go to a field with 4 pods on my back and leave with 4 completely different pods on almost a weekly basis, it happens.
I guess I have to remember I'm 35 posting on a forum filled with teenage kids.

The pod was not laying around. It was in my bag. I wasn't pissed because it was a pod. I was pissed because the guy went into my bag.
GA 68/45
Halo V35 w/rip
Old 11-04-2010, 11:19 AM #58
crudmoe

crudmoe owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
crudmoe owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
dude jus some advice u shouldnt have posted ur age cuz now ur gonna get teased for that by others...jus a heads up ok....
Old 11-04-2010, 11:23 AM #59
Beatrite
Don't Bro Me, Bro

Annual Supporting Member
Beatrite plays in the PSP
Beatrite owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Beatrite supports Team VICIOUS
Beatrite is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Beatrite plays in the APPA D5 division
I don't think anybody will tease him because of his age, but his assumption that we are all teenagers is wrong.

PBNTXS.com - support local paintball - AllBall Paintball - Cynical Inc.
E-Thug and Grammar-Nazi since '99.
"The fact is PBIndustry has been incompetent, uninterested, uncooperative and witheringly stupid almost forever--and we're still here and so is paintball." - Baca Loco
Old 11-04-2010, 12:00 PM #60
Stubbs Magee
Not Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrite View Post
I don't think anybody will tease him because of his age, but his assumption that we are all teenagers is wrong.
You only 14...
Fort Paintball.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:17 PM #61
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
This has run it's course so it's time to close it.
Dan
Closed Thread