PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2011, 04:27 PM #85
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Engineer

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...ions/engineer/

Masters of mechanical mayhem, engineers tinker with explosives, gadgets, elixirs, and all manner of deployable devices. They can take control of an area by placing turrets, support their allies with alchemic weaponry, or lay waste to foes with a wide array of mines, bombs, and grenades.

Like elementalists, engineers use a single weapon set at a time, but they complement this weapon set by equipping special utility and healing kits. These kits provide the engineer with special weapons and backpacks loaded with a full set of skills to replace their current weapon skills.

Weapon Kits—These are utility skills that equip a new weapon in the engineer's hands when activated. For example, the flamethrower kit creates a short-range AOE weapon the engineer can use to overwhelm foes. The flamethrower has skills like Immolate to damage nearby enemies, Air Blast to defend from ranged attacks, and Backdraft to suck enemies into range of the weapon's powerful attacks.

Backpack Kits—When activated, these special utility kits equip a backpack that replaces the engineer's current weapon skills with a set of more specialized skills. For example, a bomb kit puts a backpack on engineers that allows them to deploy bombs with a variety of effects including smoke, concussion, and fire.

Turrets—An engineer can deploy turrets: immobile allied devices that help defend and control an area. When a turret is deployed, the skill in that slot is replaced with its overcharged version. For example, an engineer can deploy a Thumper Turret to cause AOE damage, and then activate the overcharge version of that skill for a big thump attack that knocks down nearby enemies. An engineer can interact with deployed turrets, packing them up and moving them around. This removes the turret—and the option to overcharge it—triggering a short recharge before that turret can be deployed again. Only one of each type of turret can exist at a time.

Tool Belt—An engineer tool belt is a set of special skills above the weapon skill bar. It enhances the effectiveness and functionality of the engineer's utility and heal skills. The tool belt can add a self-destruct skill to turrets or a detonation option to all mines. When paired with the grenade kit, the tool belt allows a grenade barrage; with the med kit, it adds a self-healing skill.

Interesting new class. After reading into it/watching videos, this looks like the new Ritualist. I think I like it.. Thanks for posting that, I had checked yesterday for a new class and probably wouldn't have noticed for a week or two.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery

Last edited by Rampager2000 : 05-19-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2011, 06:09 PM #86
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

has been a member for 10 years
It looks alright. As a melee class, the glue-shot/net crap is already making me rage, but so is the way of things. I'll probably make one of these as an alt. It looks fun.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:35 PM #87
patsrule711
I'm the Assman

patsrule711 is playing at Living Legends III
patsrule711 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
patsrule711 supports Team VICIOUS
patsrule711 is for the Gunfight
It certainly wont be the first class I am going to make.

My order of profession I would pick:

1. Warrior
2a. Ele
2b. Ranger
3. Guardian
4. Necro
5. Engi
6. Thief

This list is of course entirely bull**** since we know so little about each class. The classes I could play in GW1 are higher up simply since I know a bit about them. I am always a big warrior guy no matter what kinda game I play. Nothing more satisfying then bashing some skulls in with a sword/axe/hammer.

I wonder what the last class will be like.
Got two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur
patsrule711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:54 AM #88
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I'm with you on that one. Definitely warrior for me too.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:21 AM #89
Rampager2000

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a dervish/paragon mix. I've heard rumors of, in later years in expansions, there being more professions like there was in GW1. That being said, I will probably go ranger and gaurdian main again in this one. Being a top tier monk for a few months was one of the greatest things ever. In the later years of competitive PvP, the healing on the team was very well split up. Their decision to do away with the direct monk and make it an integrated, all around healing type thing really pisses me off and I forsee them later releasing a full heal spec or something.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 PM #90
patsrule711
I'm the Assman

patsrule711 is playing at Living Legends III
patsrule711 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
patsrule711 supports Team VICIOUS
patsrule711 is for the Gunfight
Figured it was worth adding a bit more info about the game.

Dungeon info
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...-the-dungeons/

Under water combat
http://www.arena.net/blog/jonathan-s...erwater-combat
Got two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur
patsrule711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:21 PM #91
Dj.Dynamik
Live Free or Die Hard

preordered my copy at gamestop last week. paid in full. now i have to wait til november to pick it up
Old 06-29-2011, 06:01 PM #92
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj.Dynamik View Post
preordered my copy at gamestop last week. paid in full. now i have to wait til november to pick it up
Gamestop lied to you. Their date is a place holder to make people preorder, not a real release date. There is no release date for this game yet and November is probably the earliest possible release date that could ever happen. You may be waiting at least another month for the game, probably more.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:20 PM #93
Rampager2000

Ehh, November is actually a pretty good ETA. Their realistic goal was September/October. To give themselves an extra month to test/work on things they made in November. Keep in mind, the game was originally supposed to already be out......

Old 06-29-2011, 08:38 PM #94
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

The latest investor report said the game wouldn't be out until 2012. I think November was a realistic date like 6 months ago. Now it leans towards the very optimistic side for sure.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:30 PM #95
Rampager2000

Well, the longer the better. I want this game to have as good of a launch as the original did. But I still think It'll be out this year for sure.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:46 AM #96
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I would love for it to be out this year. I feel really bad for the people who have been following this game since it was announced. I've only been following it for 6 months, maybe more, but it already feels like its taking forever.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:40 PM #97
Rampager2000

****, I was playing Guild Wars lifelessly two years ago when they announced the game and said it would be out Spring to Summer 2011. I have watched them push it back and everything. It's killing me. But I like that they're taking all this extra time. One of the coolest things about the original was how flawless the launch was. Servers weren't an issue. I know this has a lot to do with it being instanced but still...

Old 06-30-2011, 12:54 PM #98
Marko34256

Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
I would love for it to be out this year. I feel really bad for the people who have been following this game since it was announced. I've only been following it for 6 months, maybe more, but it already feels like its taking forever.
haha, do yourself a favor and just stop following games. it just makes it worse. i remember waiting forever for warhammer online and then being super disappointed by how mediocre it was once it finally came out.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:16 PM #99
Diametunim

Diametunim owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
True, the more you hype a game up in your mind the more it ends up sucking when it comes out. Sorry I don't update the thread much anymore. I plan to pick it up around the time beta starts.
Diametunim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:20 PM #100
Dj.Dynamik
Live Free or Die Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
Gamestop lied to you. Their date is a place holder to make people preorder, not a real release date. There is no release date for this game yet and November is probably the earliest possible release date that could ever happen. You may be waiting at least another month for the game, probably more.
ehhh whatever. the reciept will be tucked away in my wallet until the time comes...
Old 08-05-2011, 08:16 AM #101
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

PvP is being revealed, detailed, and is playable at gamescon on the 17th of this month. They are also revealing a bunch of other stuff (playable Asura/Sylvari) but pvp is the most important of course.

The devs have previously stated they wanted to save pvp for nearly last since it required all the professions to be mostly done. They are only officially showing 7 of the 8 professions and they still claim to have a big surprise for us. Will we get the 8th professions? A release date? An open beta date?

STAY TUNED.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:16 AM #102
Rampager2000

PvP in this game, I have a feeling, is going to be mind blowing.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:50 PM #103
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
PvP in this game, I have a feeling, is going to be mind blowing.

Take a look. Only one perspective but it looks great to me.

TONS AND TONS of new info is coming out of the new gamescon demo.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:37 AM #104
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I saw a tutorial post in the KOTOR thread, so I figured I would post what a tutorial section is supposed to look like. Great combat, huge boss.

Last edited by DayoftheGreek : 08-19-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 AM #105
Rampager2000

You played the original right? Some of the major bosses (not the regular ones in areas) could only be defeated with a particular set of skills. It wasn't like you could just hack, slash, spell and outheal them.

I remember the first time I beat Factions. Goddamnit that was so hard when I didn't know what I was doing.