Old 10-26-2010, 11:33 PM #1
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

has been a member for 10 years
kapp_badbloodz supports Cereal Killerz 2
kapp_badbloodz supports our troops
kapp_badbloodz is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Eye Problems

Just picked a used Luxe. Havnt put any air or tried paint at all because I havnt been to the local field due to world cup. However, I did boot it up and saw with eyes on its as if the eyes are disabled. I can just shoot normally with the eyes on. I wiggled the connection between the eyes and the board to make sure the band was seated correctly and I did notice that the eyes would start working, however, they would not recognize a finger in and out of the breach. It was as if the eyes would enable but not recognize. Also, sometimes the eyes would do both situations, in and out, with the grip frame on.

I did:

Clean the eyes, clean the connection point of the eyes and board (just made sure it wasnt gunked or corroded or shorted out), and tried many different combinations and remedies...

I did not:

Is this a board issue or an eye issue? I'm more leaning toward eyes just want an opinion before I order a fresh set. OH and battery is at 50% is that common for eye failure? Thanks guys

Corey

"Originally posted by slateman: Air Force . . . serious business"
MGDT: "Originally posted by Marine786: We had one guy get orders for a deployment while on a deployment."
AFDT:"Originally posted by f2f4: Or maybe he meant our exposed and aerated crotches. Privates. Because lord knows our PT gear only encourages "wardrobe malfunctions.""

Last edited by kapp_badbloodz : 10-26-2010 at 11:42 PM.
kapp_badbloodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2010, 11:38 PM #2
Evac.
Wolfpack

Annual Supporting Member
Evac. is a Paintball photographer
Evac. plays in the PSP
It's your eyes. Either that or the eyes are not seated properly within the covers. Brand new eyes are 20-30 dollars so it won't be too expensive to replace.
Evac. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:04 AM #3
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

I checked the placement... I forgot to mention that. Im going to try cutting the band tip which connects to the board so it has a fresh connection. It always worked on my other guns so im going to try it with this set. sounds like I have nothing to lose.

Is there a prefered site to order eyes (any Luxe items) from?

MGDT: "Originally posted by Marine786: We had one guy get orders for a deployment while on a deployment."
AFDT:"Originally posted by f2f4: Or maybe he meant our exposed and aerated crotches. Privates. Because lord knows our PT gear only encourages "wardrobe malfunctions.""
Old 10-27-2010, 12:41 AM #4
Evac.
Wolfpack

Annual Supporting Member
Evac. plays in the PSP
punishers. dbs has some. just use google
Old 10-27-2010, 06:40 AM #5
Vale46
ViVa La Figa WLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
I checked the placement... I forgot to mention that. Im going to try cutting the band tip which connects to the board so it has a fresh connection. It always worked on my other guns so im going to try it with this set. sounds like I have nothing to lose.

Is there a prefered site to order eyes (any Luxe items) from?
You shouldn't cut that. The contacts you can either use an eraser on it to clean it or lightly scuff with some fine sand paper. Just lightly scuff it to expose metal. Cutting it is most likely not very good for it. Just a thought.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:07 PM #6
samthemanfoo

samthemanfoo is playing at Living Legends III
samthemanfoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
samthemanfoo supports Team VICIOUS
samthemanfoo is for the Gunfight
edit: Before reading the rest of my post, turn the gun on and lightly push down on the little black box the eyes plug into. now read the rest

mine did that. ordering new eyes didnt help, as the eyes werent the problem. Its the connector to the board. get some electrical tape and fold it over a few times, and place it between the grip and the connector (the little black box thing the eyes plug into). It wont slide during play, and the eyes will work great.

if you want a perm. fix youll have to send it into dlx or solder it back on yourself.
Luxe #2136, Dust Black/Polished Pewter
samthemanfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:56 PM #7
B the V
Hey, Life's Tough.

Annual Supporting Member
B the V supports our troops
B the V has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
B the V supports DLX Technology
^what he said. Happened to my gun. You probably need a new board.

LEGACY PAINTBALL
B the V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:44 PM #8
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

I ordered eyes anyways.

Now heres the question. Do both sides of the eyes light up red or just the left. I also noticed black burned marks on the right side of the ribbon and the right set of the eyes do not glow red. I believe this is why they register in and out of operation and dont recognize an object in the breach regardless if the eyes read as functional.

So I will try new eyes... if not then I will send it in and get a new board and some tech work done.

Tried the push the "black box" where the ribbon plugs in. Mine is brown and it did nothing.

What the cutting does is that the ribbon sometimes is manufactured long. you do what you said to do and cut the very end with the contacts off just a tad and it helps out a lot. It doesnt hurt the eyes at all.

Thanks for the help and I will update when I get my eyes. I googled but the only site that came up was Oringmonkey so I ordered from them and got a rebuild kit too

Old 10-27-2010, 10:47 PM #9
Evac.
Wolfpack

Annual Supporting Member
Evac. plays in the PSP
only one side lights up when a ball is in the breach both will light up. You can probably call Daryl and see if he can solder a new connector onto the board
Old 10-29-2010, 12:28 AM #10
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

Word... it will have to be after my event im going to on the 5th. Hope these new eyes work

Old 10-29-2010, 12:57 AM #11
Evac.
Wolfpack

Annual Supporting Member
Evac. plays in the PSP
you can still shoot obviously without the eyes but in some cases there can be barrel breaks. My old video displays the eyes off while shooting

Old 10-31-2010, 02:59 AM #12
AAA_ANDREW
HK + MW = Me

AAA_ANDREW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AAA_ANDREW has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AAA_ANDREW has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AAA_ANDREW has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ya man this same thing happened to me with my board the eyes circuit gets old and worn from the pressure under the grips the ends up coming off. it sucks that it happends but its better to get another board and try and fix the board for a back-up
AAA_ANDREW is offline   Reply With Quote