Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-22-2010, 01:27 PM #1
sdweim85

Speedball Lingo??

Is there some link or place I can look up to learn all the lingo associated with Speed-ball. People tell me strategies and I have no idea what their talking about. I know what the snake is and that's it.
sdweim85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2010, 03:41 PM #2
murdaki11

murdaki11 is a Supporting Member
murdaki11 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~ji...tballlingo.htm
murdaki11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:48 PM #3
saltlife316

wow i wouldnt even know where to begin here ahhh the best way is to just be around more people who play paintball
saltlife316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:52 PM #4
sdweim85

Lol yea I played with some people and they told me to play front and head for the brick and watch left lane and snake. I was like .........you got it lol
Old 10-22-2010, 06:36 PM #5
ezekiel2517lim
One of the 5 best rappers

ezekiel2517lim plays in the PSP
ezekiel2517lim supports Cereal Killerz 2
ezekiel2517lim is an NCPA player
The more general terms are:
Lane: line of sight between bunkers in which streams of paint can travel.
50 *insert bunker name*: Bunker at the center of the field. Think of a paintball field as a football field. You can name bunkers accordingly to their position on the field.
Startbox: the area in which players start. Also refers the the bunker in front of the start area. At times also called "home"
Numbering bunkers: D1, Snake 2, etc. Bunkers in an area of a field are given numbers in correlation to their position on the field. Dorito 1 the bunker nearest to the startbox on the opposite side of the field. The same applies for the snake.
G count: Often used to keep track of dead players on the other team. G1: one guy dead, G2: two guys dead, etc
Dorito/Snake Corner: the bunkers that overlooks the dorito side, or snake side of the field. Most commonly the back left and back right bunkers.

As for the name of bunkers, Aztec, Temple/God, Brick, X, A, Pin, Can you can google them with paintball (paintball can, paintball aztec).

This should be enough to get you started.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:27 PM #6
sdweim85

Ah thanks that's what I was looking for. Lingo in terms of if I was actually playing. Because the terms are used differently when a active game is occurring. So if I'm on the 50 behind the snake, and I see someone directly in front of me I'd say something like "Brick side on the 30" Then after he got out I'd say G1, or whatever G(X) number corresponding to if I heard my teammates say it.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:15 AM #7
ezekiel2517lim
One of the 5 best rappers

ezekiel2517lim plays in the PSP
ezekiel2517lim supports Cereal Killerz 2
ezekiel2517lim is an NCPA player
More or less, but I would keep things shorter. Instead of "Brick side on the 30", just say "30 Brick", however if that brick is in the snake you would say "Snake 2"
Old 10-24-2010, 07:23 AM #8
huh101

huh101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
huh101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit

this should be the field that you are playing on. I will try to break it down for you to understand.

starting with snake side. The 2 little triangle things are called cakes. the farthest right one can also be called snake corner.

just in front of those is snake 1 which would be the laying down tube and the "knuckle". inside of snake one is a pin which are mainly just lane blockers but can be played.

forward of snake 1 is snake 2. the 2 laying down tubes and the knuckle are snake 2.

forwards of snake 2 is the 50 dorito. There is only 1 50 dorito on this layout. you can also call if 50 snake just to eliminate confusion with dorito side and snake side

now to the middle. the all blue triangle is call home base or home.

forward and to the right of the home base is called a temple

forward and to the right of that is called a maya temple or stand up temple.

just to the left of the maya temple are 2 more pins and in front of those is the 50 A

Now to the dorito side. Back left is another maya temple or dorito corner

to the right of that is another temple

to the left and in front of that would be a dorito. the first dorito is D1.

In front of D1 is a brick. called D2

in front of D2 is another dorito D3

just inside the doritos is 2 cans. The big tall stand up round things that are bigger then pins.

other common terms are clone/mirror - Theres a guy in the same bunker as you buy on the opposite side of the field

Tape/wire - hes shotting/looking on the outside of either snake or dorito side

highway - hes coming to bunker your ***

if you have any other qestions feel free to pm me.

huh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:16 PM #9
ibeam

I took huh101 diagram and labeled each bunker...hope this makes it easier to read.

My Ion Entry
ibeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:56 PM #10
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeam View Post
I took huh101 diagram and labeled each bunker...hope this makes it easier to read.

The back 3 bunkers could also be called (and often are called) 10, 20, 30 from left to right.
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:58 PM #11
ma2lin

The temples are also called Aztecs
ma2lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:03 PM #12
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
D2 also is not a dorito, it's a brick, or a box..it COULD be called D2 for simplicity but if you're calling it that without discussing it with others they'd shoot for the 2nd dorito which is labelled there as D3..
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:08 PM #13
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ask the people you are playing with so that you understand what THEY are saying.

I use this to illustrate a point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
The back 3 bunkers could also be called (and often are called) 10, 20, 30 from left to right.
He states the 3 back bunkers "are often called" 10, 20, 30. In 15 years I have never heard the 3 back referred to as 10/20/30, because in most cases the field is already broken down with 10/20/30/ect going from the start box to the "50" and to the other side. I have heard red/white/blue, left/middle/right, show tape/center/back tape, but it could be any series of words a team chooses to use.

That's not to say he is wrong, because he could very well be used to that and it could be something often used with the people he plays with. Some terms are "standard", but most groups will use some of their own, and in some cases people use common terms differently so it throws off anyone trying to listen to their "code".

tl;dr = ask the people you play with, they might have their own codes that will confuse use if you learn something different.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:43 PM #14
sdweim85

Wow thanks a lot you guys definitely went above and beyond. I can't wait to get back out there and no get shot by my team because we weren't communicating
Old 10-24-2010, 05:28 PM #15
huh101

huh101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
huh101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdweim85 View Post
Wow thanks a lot you guys definitely went above and beyond. I can't wait to get back out there and no get shot by my team because we weren't communicating
sometimes some players refer to the entire back line as 1-5. i believe on this laout its 1-6. but again. jsut ask your players that youre with what they call it.

huh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:08 PM #16
DangerManXX
DangerMan

Video Rundown of Current PSP Bunkers

A fast rundown of PSP bunkers.

http://youtu.be/dS3G5JB1Hv0
Pinterest: DangerManXX
Instagram: DangerManXX
Facebook: DangerMans Lair
DangerManXX is offline   Reply With Quote