Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-20-2010, 07:17 AM #1
brettb2020

Lightbulb Fix your Angel Sensi pad cheap and easy

So as most Angel owners know, the Sensi pad is quite easy to damage or it just stops responding like it should.

To replace the Sensi pad is quite pricey, 40 dollars plus shipping and tax. depends on where you live. Im from South Africa and shipping is not cheap and takes a long time.

So whether you choose to use my idea temporarily waiting for your origonal ordered Sensi or completely replace the original Sensi is up to you.

Even though this exercise is really simple, things can go wrong and I will not be held responsible for damages to your marker.

SO lets start

Items required:
1.)sharp stanley knife
2.)12mm piezoelectric plate like this. these are available from any electronic components dealer. should cost a couple cents
3.)an eraser. buy a decent eraser, I used a cheap one and it was to brittle and kept breaking

Step 1

Open the left grip, unplug all the connections to the opto board and remove the trigger frame. DONT loose the Sensi pin! remove the Sensi pad.

Step 2

Cut the eraser with the stanley knife as showen below. the final product of the eraser should resemble the shape of the Sensi pad so that it fits snug into its position.

I cut the eraser slightly thicker so that it will get compressed and held firmly in place when the trigger frame is tightened on. As shown here:

Step 3

Cut the wires off your broken Sensi pad. Solder the wires onto the piezoelectric plate as showen in the following pic. I just used some 0.25mm wire as my Sensi pad is not broken. dont put to much solder as this will stiffen the plate and make it less sensitive. there is no polarity.

Step 4

place the piezoelectric plate into the eraser as showen.

Step 5

place the your new sensi pad into the trigger frame. Route the wires clear from the screw and potential pinching areas.

Step 6

put the Sensi pin back in and screw the trigger frame back on. make sure the Sensi pin is free to move and is lined up with the piezoelectric plate. also make sure you are not pinching any wires.

Success! Run the Sensi test and watch the green and red light glow!
brettb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2010, 07:20 AM #2
brettb2020

I did the Sensi test 50 times and I got 50 out of 50.

brettb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:30 AM #3
kill-n-spree
MythicalAngelPumpWeilder

Nice job man, they should put this in the sticky.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led ,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra signature series,Rev-i,Angel IR3 Fly,Disco Dust Dark IR3,05 Speed,2K Blazer,Rasta A4 Fly

Angel Army
kill-n-spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:53 PM #4
HobbesMRH
merr

HobbesMRH is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Link no longer works. Can someone share some new links to compatible piezo sensors?
Old 02-04-2012, 05:49 PM #5
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Here's a current link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-12mm-Pi...em19c2b9 4e74

In the future when that link expires, you can run a Google or eBay search for "piezo disc 12mm" and you should be able to find what you need. These are commonly used as electronic drum triggers, so you may notice them marketed as such.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:09 AM #6
Kalibishop
Kalibishop

Kalibishop has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks for the update on what to search for, looking to fix my Sensi!
Kalibishop is offline   Reply With Quote