Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-20-2010, 04:30 PM #1
arktrans

Lightbulb Brass Eagle put paintball on the map

If it was not for Brass Eagle making markers affordable , the game may have not hit the poularity that it has. I have been playing ball since 1998, My first gun was bought at Kmart ,the infamous green raptor. I still have it today , with a few dollars in mods it works very well. The guns I have ,3 Green Raptors , 3 Rainmakers ,I use one of them quite often and they are very accurate and do justice by the name, make it rain paintballs, 1 Avenger, 4 Tigersharks, with simple mods that made these pumps very accurate with 270 fps, 2 Samurai, these are the coolest looking but not very good acuracy.
6 Tippmans 98 customs, what can I say about tippmans very sturdy and accurate, 2 ,WPG pneumatics , 3 ,Triumphs by Tippman, 1 pump hand gun by Sherman , very accurate gun. 1 spyder, 1 Rebel, 1 Gameface, I have about 6 more that I dont remember the names. But any one who does not know the history of paintball and just listens to the bad mouthing of Brass Eagle ,and does not hear the other side ,is missing out on some great guns . The Rainmaker is a pneumatic gun, so is the Angel . I have seen both blow out lines .With all the cheaper imports today everbody has a huge choice . Just research and pick one out to fit your budget and have fun.
arktrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 PM #2
aeddan1

What mods did you put on it??

Aeddan1
aeddan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:00 AM #3
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
JD9940 plays in the APPA D4 division
JD9940 supports DLX Technology
ITT:
we try to justify the low quality of BE and other cheap guns because the have potential to cause someone to start playing paintball regularly

Action Star Games
JD9940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:08 PM #4
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

Congrats on owning so many low-ends...?

I'll admit, my first gun was a Blade. That thing got me and so many friends really into the game. And I have a Stingray that I mess around with. BE guns are fun, but nothing to brag about. I don't see the need for this thread.
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

~PROUD member of the NRA~
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 AM #5
-=TigerPB=-

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagFan View Post
Congrats on owning so many low-ends...?

I'll admit, my first gun was a Blade. That thing got me and so many friends really into the game. And I have a Stingray that I mess around with. BE guns are fun, but nothing to brag about. I don't see the need for this thread.
And I don't see why it's necessary for you to post in a thread that's been dead for a month.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:56 AM #6
njmac

agreed, my first time playing/gun was a stingray. My cousin took me out to an open field made me wait 5 minutes then walk out and hunt him.... needless to say after I got shot about 40 times in 10 minutes I was hooked. I remember that stingray sounding like a cannon every time i shot it though. I wish I still had it laying around, I think i threw it away a while ago

Nurv Droid

04 Blue Prostock CCM Pump, Chrome Freak Kit

BLue Bomber ION w/CP rake trigger, cp Reg, CP razor drop, CP on/off, NDZ Skeleton Bolt, SP Freak kit 16" front
njmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:44 AM #7
rbsboi91
needs a job

rbsboi91 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
rbsboi91 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I only own one marker. A BE Raider. What can i say im broke as hell.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:23 PM #8
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
I would never define the Rainmaker as low end. Compared to today's low-end electronic guns, the RM was quality.

Sure the mac was ziptied to the ram, but it has a full metal body and would last a day without going down(can't say the same for many other low-end electros I see out on the field today).

All low-end electros are the same, without some minor upgrades they cannot compete with the higher-end guns just in terms of the quality of the parts and tolerances.

My modified Rainmaker was the most reliable gun I have owned to date. My Geo is rivaling it right now but chops/breaks way more paint than my RM ever did.

I went 400,000 consecutive shots without a break or chop back in 2000 or so, before eyes or halos, just 12volt revvys.

If you get confused just listen to the music play.
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:58 PM #9
tempxl

tempxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:53 AM #10
Zigenscarface

Zigenscarface owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Zigenscarface owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zigenscarface supports Team VICIOUS
my first marker was a brass eagle raptor in its original green color like 11 years ago when i was 12.. if i never got that marker, i would have not been where i am today.. ego9 modded right now, went through 14 markers this year.. if i had a brass eagle still i would take it out and use it with out a doubt
Zigenscarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:11 AM #11
surge101
Hayley?

surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
surge101 is for the Gunfight
surge101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
surge101 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My first gun was a blade, I never actually played with it on the field. Just shot at random things. It was too fragile to do anything else with it.