PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-18-2010, 09:23 PM #1
anarchyballer
~636~*St.Louie*~636~

has been a member for 10 years
TechT iFit worth it?

So it seems that every kind of paint i use now just falls straight threw my .689 lucky barrel. i have been looking for a barrel that has small bore sizes to large and the TechT iFit seems to be the only one that goes below .676 but still has the larger bores.

so..
does anyone know if this 1.75 inch of barrel makes the marker as accurate as the longer bored barrels?
are there really paints out there that are .667?

im very interested in picking this up and putting my lucky on it but want to know what you all think.

if you have tried this out and didn't or did like it id like to hear why.

thanks all
cheers!
...MASTER......................||..\_|\\\\........ ...
.....FLEX.........................U........\\\\... ........
anarchyballer's feedback
anarchyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2010, 09:56 PM #2
02zx9r

02zx9r donated to help Peyton Trent
02zx9r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
02zx9r supports Bob Gurnsey
02zx9r supports our troops
I have heard good things about it, but in my opinion you dont need a full kit, I bought the CP full kit and used the .685 a few times, but mostly use my .682 and just recently bought their .679 back.

I never used the .689, .693, .696 backs that came with my kit and sold the .693 and .696 and am in the process of selling the .689 and .685 backs.

This is all just my personal opinion though, so take it with a grain of salt
02zx9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:06 PM #3
anarchyballer
~636~*St.Louie*~636~

i agree that it isn't necessary to have all the inserts but i found a brand new 9 piece kit for the price of the 6 piece. wanna jump on it if you all think its the way to go.
anarchyballer's feedback

Last edited by anarchyballer : 10-18-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:13 PM #4
02zx9r

02zx9r donated to help Peyton Trent
02zx9r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
02zx9r supports Bob Gurnsey
02zx9r supports our troops
i probably would then, again opinions vary
02zx9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 PM #5
Mr. Stealthy

The kits do work and do improve both accuracy and efficiency. The 1.75 inches of control bore does an effective job of gaining performance while still being modular. The shorter control bore length is however, not as efficient as using a longer control bore which will yield you even more gains.

I like the system because of how compact it is and the fact that you can use it with multiple barrels allowing for a lot of flexibility in regards to barrel choice. The performance gains are significant and certainly better than not matching your paint. Another advantage to the shorter control bore length is a decreased chance of breaking paint for those who use extreme underboring. For maximum efficiency gains however, a longer control bore will give you a little more performance (ideally around 7 inches of control bore).

In summary: Equal accuracy to longer control bore kits but less efficiency. Definately worth the money in my opinion (I am wanting to get one).

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 10-19-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:40 AM #6
anarchyballer
~636~*St.Louie*~636~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Another advantage to the shorter control bore length is a decreased chance of breaking paint for those who use extreme underboring.
didn't think about that. i definitely agree.

Quote:
For maximum efficiency gains however, a longer control bore will give you a little more performance (ideally around 7 inches of control bore).
The only problem i have had searching for such barrel kits are being able to find bore sizes that i want. underboring these new small paints is virtually impossible with any of these longer kits i have found

Quote:
In summary: Equal accuracy to longer control bore kits but less efficiency. Definately worth the money in my opinion (I am wanting to get one).
to me accuracy is key. i'm not too worried about it not being the most efficient barrel.
anarchyballer's feedback

Last edited by anarchyballer : 10-20-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:26 AM #7
anarchyballer
~636~*St.Louie*~636~

so i found this on you tube. Complete contradiction to what they say.

"Don't think a 2" control bore is enough? Well your wrong! Tech T has done extensive testing that proves traditional barrel kit backs 4-6" are less effective. After the first 2" of a control bore the paintball actually reduces speed due to an increase in friction. This mean you have to increase your velocity with any barrel back longer than 2" which means you get less shots per tank, and higher stresses on the paintball."

in this video it shows that by adding the techt ifit kit to the same bore sized barrel you gain fps. this means that pressure can be turned down making air usage more efficient..

completely debunks their theory.

the only real benefit i see now is that it would be a safer way to underbore and also it has the smaller sizes that just dont exist in other kits. most of which go from like .679 to .695 hmmmm
anarchyballer's feedback
Old 10-22-2010, 09:00 PM #8
townsie

Always have options..

I used to shoot a freak kit and loved it! I got out of paintball when I was shoot and Angel IR3 and just bought an Angel A1 Fly. The problem is Angel changed there threads and my old Freak Kit won't work on my new angel. And Smart Parts doesn't make a back for the new Angel Threads. After much searching I found this.

http://www.deadlywind.com/products/8...cf-barrel.aspx

A company makes a barrel system out of Carbon Fiber that takes Freak System back. Just pick the length of barrel you want. It DOES NOT come with Freak inserts though and you need to purchase those also, but its another option to buying the whole ITech kit as you can just buy the inserts that you want. I bought one for my new A1 so that all my old freak inserts will work.
townsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:09 PM #9
thedjap1 (Banned)
Im Faster& Stronger

thedjap1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I just picked up the 6 piece kit I'll let you know how it is once I get it next week:-) also got a pathogen 2 barrel to go with it !
thedjap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:22 AM #10
anarchyballer
~636~*St.Louie*~636~

Quote:
Originally Posted by townsie View Post
I used to shoot a freak kit and loved it! I got out of paintball when I was shoot and Angel IR3 and just bought an Angel A1 Fly. The problem is Angel changed there threads and my old Freak Kit won't work on my new angel. And Smart Parts doesn't make a back for the new Angel Threads. After much searching I found this.

http://www.deadlywind.com/products/8...cf-barrel.aspx

A company makes a barrel system out of Carbon Fiber that takes Freak System back. Just pick the length of barrel you want. It DOES NOT come with Freak inserts though and you need to purchase those also, but its another option to buying the whole ITech kit as you can just buy the inserts that you want. I bought one for my new A1 so that all my old freak inserts will work.
i have to admit.. thats pretty damn sexy..
anarchyballer's feedback
Old 11-22-2012, 08:29 PM #11
rkenders
Northern Colorado

The i-fit kit ADDS 1.75" of bore to what is already there. Freak kits have a 6" bore length. What Tim is showing in the video is that adding more bore length to the 6" freak insert improved efficiency. The conclusion then is that 6" isn't the best bore length, that something closer to 8" is better.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:14 AM #12
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

It's been known for years that the more control bore you have the better your efficiency. It also make the barrel louder if you care.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Dyoel182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:25 PM #13
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
The i-fit kit ADDS 1.75" of bore to what is already there. Freak kits have a 6" bore length. What Tim is showing in the video is that adding more bore length to the 6" freak insert improved efficiency. The conclusion then is that 6" isn't the best bore length, that something closer to 8" is better.
First this thread is really old. Second techt said "Don't think a 2" control bore is enough? Well your wrong! Tech T has done extensive testing that proves traditional barrel kit backs 4-6" are less effective. After the first 2" of a control bore the paintball actually reduces speed due to an increase in friction. This mean you have to increase your velocity with any barrel back longer than 2" which means you get less shots per tank, and higher stresses on the paintball."

They then went on to show adding 1.75" of control bore INCREASED velocity.

So they did contradict themselves. And that does not mean 8" is best. 10" would increase efficiency again. and so on until you find when friction overcomes. probably longer than any paintball barrel

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote