***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTech View Post
Free event shirt for players!
Bigger Tradeshows/ more venders!
Better Refs on Field #2 (center court refs have been amazing but not field 2)
Get more teams involved by more advertising or special deals!

Is anyone sure about the NPPL status or next year? It seems like the teams per division has been dramatically decreasing for the past 3 years! Back in 08 we had 103 teams in our division at the end of the year! This year we had 11 and I cant figure out why? I understand that 5man is not a strong point in NPPL but look at all the divisions. I want to see NPPL stay for the 2011 but it doesnt look promising. Im not bashing in any way but why cant we get NPPL like PSP? Nppl- Send banners to all fields in the US! Get more webcast going! Run sister events and lets pray for a kickass 2011

NPPL #1

I spoke to Chuck after vegas and I can assure you NPPL is doing everything they can to grow. They have a lot of good idea's! one thing people need to get is that 7 man isnt dead.... Its that 7 man DIED after 08. Now people like frank, tom and chuck are putting it back together. I garuntee have faith in your league and within the next few years you will see record numbers in the NPPL. See you all on the beach in 2011
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2010, 11:30 PM #23
SouthPark22

Oh Yeah! The Beach in 2011 for sure!
SouthPark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:31 AM #24
Auvil
Looking for a PMR, or DM!

Auvil supports Team VICIOUS
NPPL and PSP need to merge. PSP is by far more exciting and honestly I think NPPL will die out within 5 years. PSP has really been releasing some good footage this year and pretty much all local tournaments anywhere follow the PSP format. The NPPL needs to improve a lot on the time in between rounds. Xball is fantastic to watch. Still think SPWPC was the best filmed as far as camera angles. If you haven't seen it watch some clips on youtube and see what I mean. The NPPL footage is boring and either shows one player at a time (just his back, cant see what hes even shooting at) or a far out view where you can't tell anything that is going on. The filming is critical to the sport and needs to be drastically improved. PSP has been imporoving but still has a lot of work to do as far as showing the footage as actual gameplay like football games on TV. This sport has a lot of work to do.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 AM #25
Auvil
Looking for a PMR, or DM!

Auvil supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
I spoke to Chuck after vegas and I can assure you NPPL is doing everything they can to grow. They have a lot of good idea's! one thing people need to get is that 7 man isnt dead.... Its that 7 man DIED after 08. Now people like frank, tom and chuck are putting it back together. I garuntee have faith in your league and within the next few years you will see record numbers in the NPPL. See you all on the beach in 2011
The NPPL is trying as hard as they can because they realize PSP is taking over. I know if people read through my posts on this they'd think I'm a PSP fanboy but in reality I like NPPL much better. The whole ramping/coaching thing in PSP is bs. This being said PSP has been releasing much better footage looks way more proffessional overall.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:05 PM #26
killertees
Join the Storm Army!

killertees supports Cereal Killerz 2
killertees supports Team VICIOUS
killertees is for the Gunfight
killertees plays in the APPA D4 division
So all of you know PSP lost money last year. Business is business if your not making money you eventually close the doors. I don't want to see either NPPL or PSP end, but I guess we will see in time.
VICIOUS FAN #155
Jesus Saves!
killertees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:15 PM #27
paintball_junkie187
Pain Lies Awaiting You...

has been a member for 10 years
Heres an idea, and this pertains to the PSP as well. Get rid of all the excess divisions. Pro, Amateur and Novice. That's it. That is what it was founded on. Make people play with heart and some fear. The greatest, scariest, most painful, rewarding and amazing games I have ever played came when we drew teams from above our division. The mighty Kapp Factory, Arsenal, Shocktech, all the big boys that we watched in awe and did our best to learn from standing across the field about to tear into us because we had nothing to lose and they had everything. Grinding with 40 plus teams in each division, meaning to get on the podium meant a war of perfection and attrition. No d4, d5, or any other lame *** watered down division of cowards who weren't willing to play with others that might be better than them. Taking beating after beating after bloody f'n beating until one day, we held our own. Then eventually we got to give those beatings out. And up the ladder you went and started the process again. Those welts were worth their weight in gold and I wish they would have been permanent. Because the leagues and game today is nothing like what it was.
Aside from the divisions, care about the paying customers. That would be us, the teams. I don't give a damn about grandstands, tv or large venues. This is OUR game, we do this for us. Paintball grows on it's own. The belief that it needs to be handled with gloves and treated like an infant is insulting and wrong. In the last 5 years more time and money has been wasted trying to grow this game than ever and look where we are....Ten steps backwards. This is a game of shooting others in the face with guns, period. Call them markers, take away the camo, whatever you need to sleep. Nothing changes how or why we play this game. It got to this point by individuals forming teams, teams forming tournaments and tournaments spawning leagues. No where along the way did Coke, Dominos, Affliction or any other major outside brand help give this way of life a hand. If we do what we do and these companies want to become part of it, so be it. I know we would welcome them with open arms. But let us stop chasing them and their strings attached money.
Soap Box is free now......
paintball_junkie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 PM #28
dirty907
Say my name!

dirty907 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_junkie187 View Post
In the last 5 years more time and money has been wasted trying to grow this game than ever and look where we are....Ten steps backwards. This is a game of shooting others in the face with guns, period. Call them markers, take away the camo, whatever you need to sleep. Nothing changes how or why we play this game.
Hell yes. I've been trying to say this for years, but I'm not articulate enough to put it in words.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 PM #29
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
NPPL actually had D1 teams playing Pro teams at Vegas, I think a Colorado team ALMOST beat Avalanche. Came to a 2 on 1 or something like that, but Avalanche ended up on top.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:42 AM #30
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

Well, it’s obvious that most of you have never owned or ran a business.
The goal of any business is to make money and be profitable. There’s a bonus if your able to do it with something you really enjoy. There are a lot of people in business who are passionate about their business but are ot making money.

There’s all kind of comments on PSP, NPPL should they merge, should NPPL be more like PSP etc…
What’s the difference in Burger King, Jack in the Box and Mac Donald’s? They all serve hamburgers and fries? But some people prefer one over the other. I would beat that most people who like PSP like the coaching and ramping. NPPL doesn’t have coaching and ramping. Having played both they are totally different games. In my opinion, you want to find out how good you are? Play a few game without someone telling you when to move or the other player is looking inside!
You want NPPL to succeed promote it locally. Talk to your local fields about having small tournaments capped-semi 12.5. Why do field owners like PSP? IT SELLS PAINT! There are a number of issues with playing ramped; you waste tons of paint. When you hit someone they are seldom hit more than once or twice, but you shot a line of rope at them. But more importantly IT SELLS PAINT and that’s where field owners make their money. PSP is business friendly.
NPPL is a true skill game. No coaching alone sets it apart, but too many players need sideline help to play.
Both leagues will be around for a long time, PSP because fields support it, NPPL because the true skilled players support it. You want paintball to grow as a sport? Support both!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:55 AM #31
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_junkie187 View Post
Heres an idea, and this pertains to the PSP as well. Get rid of all the excess divisions. Pro, Amateur and Novice. That's it. That is what it was founded on. Make people play with heart and some fear. The greatest, scariest, most painful, rewarding and amazing games I have ever played came when we drew teams from above our division. The mighty Kapp Factory, Arsenal, Shocktech, all the big boys that we watched in awe and did our best to learn from standing across the field about to tear into us because we had nothing to lose and they had everything. Grinding with 40 plus teams in each division, meaning to get on the podium meant a war of perfection and attrition. No d4, d5, or any other lame *** watered down division of cowards who weren't willing to play with others that might be better than them. Taking beating after beating after bloody f'n beating until one day, we held our own. Then eventually we got to give those beatings out. And up the ladder you went and started the process again. Those welts were worth their weight in gold and I wish they would have been permanent. Because the leagues and game today is nothing like what it was.
Aside from the divisions, care about the paying customers. That would be us, the teams. I don't give a damn about grandstands, tv or large venues. This is OUR game, we do this for us. Paintball grows on it's own. The belief that it needs to be handled with gloves and treated like an infant is insulting and wrong. In the last 5 years more time and money has been wasted trying to grow this game than ever and look where we are....Ten steps backwards. This is a game of shooting others in the face with guns, period. Call them markers, take away the camo, whatever you need to sleep. Nothing changes how or why we play this game. It got to this point by individuals forming teams, teams forming tournaments and tournaments spawning leagues. No where along the way did Coke, Dominos, Affliction or any other major outside brand help give this way of life a hand. If we do what we do and these companies want to become part of it, so be it. I know we would welcome them with open arms. But let us stop chasing them and their strings attached money.
Junkie, well said, sort of!
Paintball will grow by giving more people the opportunity to play and learn. I agree with 90% of what you said, but we need to keep the D4. Think of it as development, the true young guns. It needs restrictions. The problem with D4 is any 5 guys can make a team. D5 is usually reserved for pump. NPPL needs a Masters division; you know the +40 (that would be me). Why? We +40's have the money, were supporting our kids in the game and bringing them to tournaments. Any league that has an elitist mentality will fail.
I also keep reading where people say 7-man is dead. In Vegas, D4 5-manhad something like 22 teams and D3 5-man only hade 8-10, but D3 7-man had 28 teams! Plus all D2, D1 and pro teams were 7-man.

As Junkie siad: The soap box is again free...
Old 11-22-2010, 01:22 AM #32
forgiven2008
Boomer Sooner

forgiven2008 donated to help Peyton Trent
forgiven2008 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayforRelentless View Post
NPPL actually had D1 teams playing Pro teams at Vegas, I think a Colorado team ALMOST beat Avalanche. Came to a 2 on 1 or something like that, but Avalanche ended up on top.
The team was Denver Fury and yes they almost beat Avalance but they did beat XSV.
Youtube: www.youtube.com/houstonsurge28
forgiven2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:30 AM #33
ADOLF
SDVandals.. hit it up

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF plays in the APPA D4 division
ADOLF has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
San Diego!!!
VANDALS paintball brought to u by
HK GIANT FURIOUS BODY ARMOR PAINTBALLGATEWAY
SCAN MY AVATAR FOR MORE INFO
VAPORVENDETTA
ADOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:51 PM #34
impulsepunk

impulsepunk is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
impulsepunk owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
impulsepunk posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmora2980 View Post
Lets get nppl back in Texas
bunkerfest FTW
impulsepunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:58 PM #35
ehos

ehos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kuykendall View Post
Well, itís obvious that most of you have never owned or ran a business. Why do field owners like PSP? IT SELLS PAINT!
Paint sells for really crappy markup, especially at tourney's unless you want to gouge. That's not the way to make money especially if paint usage correlates to less new players entering the game.

The way to make money is to get more people into the game, more enter tournaments, then charging a higher entry fee in the SHOW. Entry fees, ancillary fees, perks etc will gather more revenue than paint sales.

Plus, that method of revenue collection doesn't cut off the source of revenue, the players. Paintball needs to do some navel gazing..
ehos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:31 PM #36
1cheeselova
Shenanigans

1cheeselova plays in the PSP
1cheeselova donated to help Peyton Trent
1cheeselova is reppin' sidebar 4 life
1cheeselova plays in the APPA D4 division
APPA would be nice
1cheeselova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:33 AM #37
ToLiveInInfamy
WHO WANTS IT?PIGS

^im eh about that^
but i do want yellow to be allowed
Old 12-10-2010, 09:37 PM #38
jangalang37

Annual Supporting Member
jangalang37 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jangalang37 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jangalang37 supports Team VICIOUS
jangalang37 posts videos on PbNation
jangalang37 supports Pev's Paintball
jangalang37 plays in the APPA D4 division
jangalang37 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I disagree about taking away the divisions but at the same time I think a team should be able to choose what division they want to compete in. Not be set back by ranking. If a team wants to get smoked by the pro's then let them thats a great way to learn. At the same time they need to be able to prove they are better than those in their divisions too. Im still new to tournament paintball and my team plays PSP but I like NPPL better because of the coaching and ramping is completely unorthadox and takes a lot of skill out of the game. That being said I basically agree with junkie and tim.... well put gentlemen.

Proudly sponsored by:
Field of Dreams 317-605-5159, GI SPORTZ, PBLyfe Jerseys, PLANET ECLIPSE

-There was like NO WAY!
jangalang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:50 AM #39
squally25

I would like to see d4 7 man
squally25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:17 AM #40
Meat Hammer

If teams have to submit a roster, and all rostered players must have an I.D. card. then I think it's only fair that before teams are let onto the field, that the players who are ready to go onto the field have their ID cards checked, in relation to the submitted roster. and yes, i mean before every game.
It was obvious in more than one event that players were jumping on different teams, even in different divisions. this was even more prevalent on Sunday, and some players on teams that didn't make it to finals where now playing for teams who did make it. some in the same division and other in different divisions. and if no one can be on more than one roster then it seems there was a good amount of rule breaking without any repercussion to the players and or teams involved. That makes players and teams who play by the rules, and that see this, not want to spent their hard earn money and time in NPPL.
Meat Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:31 PM #41
wildcat65gt500
Hack the planet!!

wildcat65gt500 plays in the APPA D4 division
wildcat65gt500 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by squally25 View Post
I would like to see d4 7 man
Definitely would like to see this as well.
wildcat65gt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:58 PM #42
MiaDvs
-Picris

MiaDvs owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
MiaDvs owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I have asked the NPPL to return to the Commanders Cup back to Miami but yes due to Hurricanes and bad weather it is a little bit harder then SD, Cali. I also know that trying to have an event in Miami Beach is really expensive and the City of Miami Beach will not give the NPPL the Beach for this event. I think the NPPL should consider the Ft Laud. boardwalk area or the Ft. Laud Beach area, i know they have alot of locations which are very spacious and can attract spectators to the event. Regarding the stands they should not try and charge so much for a seat to watch paintball, instead they should just charge $1.00 for everyone including players that did not make it to SUNDAY. I understand that the league needs to make more money but remember the league also needs to think smart if they get the stands full of people it makes their event look amazing to the paintball community. Unlike charging $5.00 or more and risking players to sneaking in or non paintball players to just turn away. I also agree that the league should give out free tickets and other prizes, lets be real guys paintball is not what it use to be. People have less money to play and their are much less teams playing in either one of the leagues. I think the league should take this into consideration and work with teams and players to try and help the sport grow not just think of money and scare away players and teams. Guys lets come together and help this sport grow thats the only why this sport will continue to be around.

PbNation Feedback: MiaDvs
MiaDvs is offline   Reply With Quote