Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-13-2010, 06:12 PM #1
BushDeadBox

Prefered Scenario Gear?

I have played for few years with cleats. I am starting though to notice my feet are killing me afterward.

Should I start wearing boots? Or is that more of just a choice to match the look/feel of scenario game?

Thanks,
-BDB
BushDeadBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2010, 09:24 AM #2
The Postman
0311 grunt

The Postman is for the Gunfight
The Postman posts videos on PbNation
The Postman supports our troops
The Postman is attending Decay of Nations VI
i wear under armour football cleats
The Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:48 AM #3
JESTERTLS

It just might be the type of shoe that it is. The boots help with ankle support. And they are probably a bit more comfortable then cleats. But cleats are lighter weight and are designed differently. There are plenty of boots that give as good of traction as cleats but you dont see to many people sliding with boots. There are toss up's to either.

You might try some type of insert into the shoe to see if it helps prior to switching if you like the aspects of the shoes over boots.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:20 PM #4
Snipes33
Tactical Recon Unit

Snipes33 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Snipes33 supports Team VICIOUS
Well it's basically this:

Speedball = cleats
Woodsball = boots

I've sprained my ankle multiple times with cleats in the woods, and for fun I wore boots on the airball field. It's awkward.
Snipes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:37 PM #5
Mephysteaux
Pronounced Meh-Fist-Oh

Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I played in boots for years, then made the switch to sneakers. I'm still pretty wary of taking rough terrain too fast even though I haven't hurt my ankle playing so far, but sneakers have been noticeably better for me, basically being the difference in whether or not I'm too exhausted to operate after the game.

Hellkatz present: Blues Brothers - May 11, 2013 - LVP South, Hatfield PA

Join Fitocracy, the free online social fitness game.
Mephysteaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:13 PM #6
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
I used to use cleates for speedball and woodsball untill my cleats just fell apart on me, i used a pair of boots I had sitting around for work and they were great, nice ankle support,waterproof,great tread for rugged terrain.

the tread had a decent grip pattern that worked well in mud and rocky areas as well as structers, which cleats tend to not work well on at all.sure they work in mud but your footing on big rocks or wood tends to be real slippery adding to the possibillity of hurting yourself from sliding or falling,not to mention on structers cleats make alot of noise when youre trying to be stelthy.

certain big chain stores sell decent boots you can give a try for playing woods ball for 25,waterproof and decent grip . if you like them or want to spend a few more dollers you can go with Bates tactical boots or even the converse tactical, all have decent arch support and foot mobility .

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4388362
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:31 PM #7
Suspect 69

yea, I run cleats for Speedball and urban terrain, and lightweight hiking boots with vibram soles for woods / scenario. Been at this awhile too.

Company Commander 101st Airborne NE Allied Command.

Team SOD- NY-NJ Rec Ballers Since 1996
Shocker 4x4 SF, Shocker NXT, Russian Legion Shocker, Bob Long Alias, WORR Pro-Stock 'Cocker, PE EGO 11, and a PGP for up close and personal.
Suspect 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:01 PM #8
MAT8686

I recommend boots for woodsball. They are nice for the ankle support, and if you buy soles for them, very comfortable. Depending on where you play, you might want a jungle style type boot that has holes to release water easily, or get water proof ones. I use waterproof, mainly because by the 2nd game of the day I'm soaked from the chest down, because I like to run through streams and creep through water, which I believe to be quieter since you don't rustle bushes. The only problem then is that your screwed if you need to move fast. Either are very good though, and I hope you find a good boot or shoe that works for you.
MAT8686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:58 PM #9
shooteronyour6
...uses PB to share Jesus

shooteronyour6 helped look for balloons
Urban Assault boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushDeadBox View Post
I have played for few years with cleats. I am starting though to notice my feet are killing me afterward.
Should I start wearing boots? Or is that more of just a choice to match the look/feel of scenario game?

Thanks,
-BDB
Never tried the cleats in wooded/uneven terrain for pbvious reasons, but have you considered Urban assault boots? They're light, have great traction for those wet slippery areas like lg. rocks and fallen trees/branches, and not only are they water proof, they don't have a heel like a normal boot which gathers mud and makes the boot heavy.
I wish I could think of the Brand I have, but I have worn mine for 7 years, and work great. I can actually feel fairly small sticks too, which makes it easier to get around undetected.
Psalms 40:2-3
FeedBack link:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...oote ronyour6
shooteronyour6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:19 AM #10
C|-|AINSAW

I only play woodsball/scenario. At the games I ware my black waterproof work boots (steel toe) and standard white socks. Only time I wear sneakers is at my buddy's house when we're running drills and practicing. I wear boots for the sheer fact of the ankle support and traction. Yea they can get heavy and hot at times, but the last thing I need is a sprained or broken ankle.
Spyder VS1----------Spyder Sonix----------Spyder MR1----------Spyder Pilot ACS----------Stryker EMX1000----------Smart Parts SP8----------Tippman TPX----------Tippman Alpha Black----------POS Brass Eagle T-Storm

If you paid for all your paintball gear (and cars) by yourself, put this in your sig. --2002 Mustang--2003 F150
C|-|AINSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:07 PM #11
JHunter13
Dragon Slayers PB Team

JHunter13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
if you got some buck to spend you can try CAT shoes they have some nice models that fit great into woods and speed and provide great traction and ankle support
JHunter13 is offline   Reply With Quote