Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Are you interested in me taking photos/video for Brawl.
Yes - I am interested/willing to pay 20 68.97%
No - I do not want photos/video taken 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2010, 04:11 PM #1
backcountry_bob

backcountry_bob donated to help Peyton Trent
backcountry_bob posts videos on PbNation
Brawl for it All

My name is Ben Patton. I am "Backcountry Films". Lots of you know me from around the Vancouver scene. I have recently been trying my hand at filming and taking photos at Ambush Paintball practices every sunday. After lots of interest, I have decided to start taking photos instead of playing competitively. Now my question to you people is, would you be interested in paying me for photos and video?

The poll is simple. I am trying to figure out if I would have teams pay me for taking a certain amount of pictures/video. The prices are undecided but I can say if a whole team puts money together, it will not be much individually (under $20 each). I have asked around and I have a couple of people interested in this but I need a rough number. Please put down on the poll if you would be interested in this. Feel free to comment as well to ask me questions individually.

My channel... Watch the "edit" videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/bobbythemedic?feature=mhum
(Go 1080p, massive difference)

My Photobucket...

http://s872.photobucket.com/albums/a...%203rd%202010/

Official prices for Brawl:

All footage I film will be recorded in 720p at 30 frames per second. You would receive all your raw footage and photos on a CD (or multiple) most likely in the mail unless we make other arrangements. You will receive a free edit as well with your choice of song. You must suggest one or be up to my mercy of song choice.

If you just so happen to make finals, I will keep filming/taking photos free of charge. I would also like to warn that the Agriplex doesn't have amazing lighting so my photos are going to be quite difficult to stay crisp and amazing. I will do my best. If they are really ****, you get your money back. Unless of course... you don't mind me, you know, keeping it? Seeing as I don't have a job and such.

150+ photos = $50.

Half of your pre-lim games recorded = $50

All of your games recorded = $80

Half your games filmed/80+ photos = $100

I am pretty flexible when it comes to input from you guys. If you want me to get certain photos, or you think you want a certain angle, go ahead and ask.

My email is ben@hwgroup.ca. My cell phone is 604-765-1792. Please text, but if you would like to call, please call after 3pm and before 9pm any day of the week. I think I am going to only do 4 teams. I will consider doing more depending on what the combinations of photos and footage are.

Thanks and GET PUMPED FOR BRAWL!

Last edited by backcountry_bob : 11-05-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: dropping prices
backcountry_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2010, 04:40 PM #2
Euouae

Euouae supports Cereal Killerz 2
Euouae donated to help Peyton Trent
Euouae supports Bob Gurnsey
Euouae supports our troops
Ben's a real legit guy. His work is pretty awesome too so help him out and support - you'll end up with some cool pics/vid of yourself and your team!

.Impact <3 HK.
Euouae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:29 PM #3
6SDarreN10

yeeeea
6SDarreN10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:58 PM #4
-Graham

Does sick work, if we didn't already have a media guy I'd definatly go to him.
-Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:04 AM #5
peterb_92
mowing grass to ball

peterb_92 posts videos on PbNation
peterb_92 supports DLX Technology
yahhhh ben is awesome wooh
Old 10-15-2010, 01:15 AM #6
backcountry_bob

good news people. i have a pass. so contact me through messages if you are interested. ill be posting prices soon.

i would like to warn everybody. it is quite low light inside, so it will be hard to get great photos. i will do my best but i cant promise jimmy hickey.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:47 PM #7
backcountry_bob

edit.

Last edited by backcountry_bob : 10-16-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:34 PM #8
SGTspazzo
Joint Force

SGTspazzo plays in the PSP
Ben is legit. He is a good photographer with a great attitude. Say yes or be square....

Joint Force D1 PSP/NPPL
MACDEV | VPL | PBRack | PaintballGear.ca | Ambush Paintball
SGTspazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:30 PM #9
spacey
tsk tsk

spacey plays in the PSP
spacey posts videos on PbNation
spacey is an NCPA player
spacey plays in the APPA D3 division
spacey supports DLX Technology
How's vancity synergy doing these days
2013 AXBL D3 Series 2nd place
Inception
2012 AXBL D3 Series 3rd place
Aaron
SPEEDBOAT
spacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:50 PM #10
eruptone

got him to do our photos and he was nuthing but professional and easy going. for the prices hes got itsd a steal. def gonna use him our next event!

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SCENE!
eruptone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 PM #11
estakado
Part Time Ninja

has been a member for 10 years
estakado plays in the APPA D4 division
PM me if you have footage of BTA games. I'd pay for a DVD.
Part-Time Ninjas (PTN) #5