TRUFFLE SHUFFLE

the economy happened

...and you are all getting old
Old 01-31-2011, 11:19 PM #86
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 is for the Gunfight
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
paintball goes through it highs and lows. Most hardcore ballers from when i was ballin quit and got married. But i know when i go to my local field it is mostly noobs every day it is open, and lots of them.

Out of these noobs, some will start playing more often. And in like 2 years a new scene of young hungry tournament players will be shooting each other.

ANGEL ARMY
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:41 PM #87
roach842011
Roach842011

Hey, its an investment. I was makin it work back wen i started but had to take some time off. Now i got a sweet job n **** so upgrading gear is pretty easy. Just gotta stick with it and do what ya gotta do.
roach842011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:42 PM #88
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
attitude of players.

more *******s. waaaay more *******s. and I'm ok with experienced ones... but I mean a while back, there was this kid who had told me rpoudly "yeah... I've been playin some paintball for the past 2 months..." I asked if he paid for his gear, he said "Hahaha, what, you do?"

I swear I almost castrated him without a tool right there.

I mean even Jonas Hill (yeah, he plays paintball! wtf!!!) pays for his own **** and is a good sport.

this kid talks about how skilled he and his gear are and actually CRITICIZES how rental players play!!!!

I doubt this would have happened several years ago... in fact I KNOW this wouldn't have happened several years ago. heck, I'm sure paintball was way more fun back in '95.

money has little to do with it. I know alot of friends who say they'd never play paintball because it's not worth getting all ****ed up and shot up and have to spend $80 doing so.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

HOLY **** EMPIRE SNIPER FOR SALE - LNIB and only $360? Whaaa?

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:06 AM #89
jangalang37

Annual Supporting Member
jangalang37 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jangalang37 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jangalang37 supports Team VICIOUS
jangalang37 posts videos on PbNation
jangalang37 supports Pev's Paintball
jangalang37 plays in the APPA D4 division
jangalang37 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i hear a lot of you guys say that these kids come out and ruin the sport for the noobs. Well what are we doing to correct this problem? If 1 person doesnt come back to the field that we are playing at and 1 more person and 1 more think if this happens 1 time every week thats 52 players we screwed up and let get away. that not only could have benefited the field owner by having more customers but it also could have possibly added 52 people to the tournament scene. I just started getting into tournament paintball, I have followed it for a few years and i have played rec for a few years. If we dont start helping these "noobs" and beginers out and start educating them on the actual fundamentals of the sport then we are no better than the idiot 12 year olds making people not want to come back. So I humbly ask for you to take a stand and the next time you see someone get discouraged because of some dumb *** kid then go talk to them and explain the simple basic common sense courtesies that normal human beings over the age of 5 can understand. We hear it all throughout our childhood play nice with others. well if you see someone not being so nice or just flat out being a dick then say something and maybe that can add 1 more person to the sport. If we add 1 more person a week to the fields attendence then we have accomplished something and made the sport into something better. Add it up yourself 52 people every year for every field thats open how many more people could we get to come out and play?

thank you im done with my rant.

Proudly sponsored by:
Field of Dreams 317-605-5159, GI SPORTZ, PBLyfe Jerseys, PLANET ECLIPSE

-There was like NO WAY!

Last edited by jangalang37 : 02-05-2011 at 02:08 AM.
jangalang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:00 AM #90
CHballer

CHballer supports Team VICIOUS
CHballer is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangalang37 View Post
i hear a lot of you guys say that these kids come out and ruin the sport for the noobs. Well what are we doing to correct this problem? If 1 person doesnt come back to the field that we are playing at and 1 more person and 1 more think if this happens 1 time every week thats 52 players we screwed up and let get away.

that not only could have benefited the field owner by having more customers but it also could have possibly added 52 people to the tournament scene. I just started getting into tournament paintball, I have followed it for a few years and i have played rec for a few years. If we dont start helping these "noobs" and beginers out and start educating them on the actual fundamentals of the sport then we are no better than the idiot 12 year olds making people not want to come back.

So I humbly ask for you to take a stand and the next time you see someone get discouraged because of some dumb *** kid then go talk to them and explain the simple basic common sense courtesies that normal human beings over the age of 5 can understand. We hear it all throughout our childhood play nice with others. well if you see someone not being so nice or just flat out being a dick then say something and maybe that can add 1 more person to the sport. If we add 1 more person a week to the fields attendence then we have accomplished something and made the sport into something better. Add it up yourself 52 people every year for every field thats open how many more people could we get to come out and play?

edited for easier reading

That's like saying CURE FOR CANCER FOUND...available Fall 2012
CHballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:50 AM #91
twiiglegs
TWiiGleGs

twiiglegs is playing at Living Legends III
twiiglegs owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
twiiglegs supports Team VICIOUS
twiiglegs is for the Gunfight
Start shooting .50 cal or shoot less, play pump have fun and save money. People b/s/t to much get out there and have fun. Get one set of gear and keep it. turn your marker on semi w/ max of 6-7 bps when playing rec ball. Use a shake and bake and a tippmann or an other kind of rec marker when it is viable. Get in with your feild owner to get paint at a possible discounted price. Get your motor cycle lisence to save gas on going to the field Don't dump paint on un capped youtube videos. Paintball will be coming down in price in the next couple of years. Paintball technology and marker size is reaching a minimum and growth of technology is declining. Expect to see markers becoming cheaper instead of "better". As of speedball i see allot of teams dumping 2 cases on practices per player. There are ALLOT of drills that use smaller ammounts of paint. Just a couple tips and reminders to save some cash :]

Note: spending a grande on a new marker when your old one shoots ropes = 20 cases of paint

TEAM DNA

Last edited by twiiglegs : 02-05-2011 at 11:53 AM.
twiiglegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:20 PM #92
MetallicKnight3X

MetallicKnight3X is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangalang37 View Post
i hear a lot of you guys say that these kids come out and ruin the sport for the noobs. Well what are we doing to correct this problem? If 1 person doesnt come back to the field that we are playing at and 1 more person and 1 more think if this happens 1 time every week thats 52 players we screwed up and let get away. that not only could have benefited the field owner by having more customers but it also could have possibly added 52 people to the tournament scene. I just started getting into tournament paintball, I have followed it for a few years and i have played rec for a few years. If we dont start helping these "noobs" and beginers out and start educating them on the actual fundamentals of the sport then we are no better than the idiot 12 year olds making people not want to come back. So I humbly ask for you to take a stand and the next time you see someone get discouraged because of some dumb *** kid then go talk to them and explain the simple basic common sense courtesies that normal human beings over the age of 5 can understand. We hear it all throughout our childhood play nice with others. well if you see someone not being so nice or just flat out being a dick then say something and maybe that can add 1 more person to the sport. If we add 1 more person a week to the fields attendence then we have accomplished something and made the sport into something better. Add it up yourself 52 people every year for every field thats open how many more people could we get to come out and play?

I agree totally with this. I use to play at the indoor stadium in Utah and now in Houston and San Antonio.. A lot of kids already get intimidated when you're all decked out in your gear and got a sick gun and go out and actually show you got the skills.. then they are afraid. I'm no pro.. but If i start to see it happening then go help them settle down.. I usually just give them a few pointers.. let them shoot my gun so they can obsess over wanting it and take time while walking out to the field to show them things to look for and if you are on the opposite team maybe let him get you out.. it may mean little to you but them getting you out just made their day and they more then likely will come back.. make it fun guys. Money isn't much of an object you just gotta make it fun for everyone experienced or not.

BALLIN THE WESTCOAST!!
MetallicKnight3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:19 AM #93
ck028

^ well put. You can't just rape everyone. It drives new players away.
ck028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:56 AM #94
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicKnight3X

I agree totally with this. I use to play at the indoor stadium in Utah and now in Houston and San Antonio.. A lot of kids already get intimidated when you're all decked out in your gear and got a sick gun and go out and actually show you got the skills.. then they are afraid. I'm no pro.. but If i start to see it happening then go help them settle down.. I usually just give them a few pointers.. let them shoot my gun so they can obsess over wanting it and take time while walking out to the field to show them things to look for and if you are on the opposite team maybe let him get you out.. it may mean little to you but them getting you out just made their day and they more then likely will come back.. make it fun guys. Money isn't much of an object you just gotta make it fun for everyone experienced or not.
Qfmft
Old 02-06-2011, 03:02 PM #95
hkarmy52
keep it at 90 boys! chris

hkarmy52 supports Cereal Killerz 2
hkarmy52 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hkarmy52 supports Team VICIOUS
1.The economy, not enough cash to play.
2.Newer guns equal bigger prices and older model guns go down in price so your not getting much out of the gear that you buy back.
3.No advertising on TV etc, ESPN dumped NPPL tv because not many people watched it.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:57 PM #96
Matty Dye
~ Steady Based ~

Matty Dye posts videos on PbNation
@ the guy saying our prices are high in Canada,

Rec is expensive, where as speedball, we pay anything from $30-$40 a case.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:43 PM #97
End Phenomenon

@simple- I would almost agree with you except alot of people seemed centered around the idea that im reffering to scenario, but Im not Im talking about combining the 2 smaller fields and teams but enough space that it is not all about how fast your guns shoot or a persons natural ability to tell when to bunker someone, you say it easy to get exciting footage of paintball well if that were true I could tell you there would be alot more publizied events compared to the nationals which is the only telefised one now. You say speedball has a very clear cut goal, my reply is doesnt any good game? You already make the assupmtion that whaterver game would replace speedball would be confusing and hard, not a good attitude to have.
End Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:36 PM #98
Irish916
eThug

Irish916 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
attitude of players.

more *******s. waaaay more *******s. and I'm ok with experienced ones... but I mean a while back, there was this kid who had told me rpoudly "yeah... I've been playin some paintball for the past 2 months..." I asked if he paid for his gear, he said "Hahaha, what, you do?"

this kid talks about how skilled he and his gear are and actually CRITICIZES how rental players play!!!!

money has little to do with it. I know alot of friends who say they'd never play paintball because it's not worth getting all ****ed up and shot up and have to spend $80 doing so.
I can't say with 100% accuracy but generally all the *******s are the 15 year olds with brand new gear.

Th majority of tourney players are pretty nice people. You won't really see them at recball fields ****ting on rental players. They have higher priorities, like practicing against good players who they'll be playing at an event in 2 weeks.

It's usually days I play recball where I don't have practice and my friends who don't play want to play paintball with me or we don't have practice and my teammates and I play recball and do dumb **** like use pocket hoppers, musket ball, nxl ramping at capped at 5bps, lay on the ground like snipers, do somersaults/side rolls while playing, etc.

We just generally dick around for fun because regardless of whether we try or not, we are still considerably better than everyone we play that day. We know it, and people know it after a game or two. I don't have to talk **** to rentals for people to see I'm good.

If there's some kid with brand new gear running his mouth and being a dick to rentals, I'm usually a dick to that kid. Something simple like "Your gear looks brand new, did your mom buy it this morning? If you were playing better your gear wouldn't be clean." usually shakes their false-confidence pretty hard.

When recballers approach me and ask how did I do this or how was I able to pull that off, I'm nice and generally tell them how and why it works.

tl;dr; tourney players are nice, 15yr olds who feel self entitled are the dickheads. Don't let it ruin your day.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:05 PM #99
I BE RIPPIN

I BE RIPPIN is a Paintball photographer
I BE RIPPIN plays in the PSP
Don't play national tournaments, just play regional tournaments. You play 5x more than you would at a national tournament for a cheaper price.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:04 PM #100
empire1122 (Banned)
professional rapist

empire1122 is playing at Living Legends III
empire1122 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
empire1122 supports Team VICIOUS
empire1122 is for the Gunfight
empire1122 posts videos on PbNation
empire1122 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
1. Ramping
2. Saturday douche bags
3. Economy
empire1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:27 PM #101
Alvecchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire1122
1. Ramping
2. Saturday douche bags
3. Economy
Ramping is not hurting paintball...
Old 02-15-2011, 04:46 PM #102
empire1122 (Banned)
professional rapist

empire1122 is playing at Living Legends III
empire1122 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
empire1122 supports Team VICIOUS
empire1122 is for the Gunfight
empire1122 posts videos on PbNation
empire1122 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
It isn't hurting the tournament scene at all, but if a rental gets blasted on their first trip to the field, odds are they won't be coming back.
empire1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:45 PM #103
Alvecchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire1122
It isn't hurting the tournament scene at all, but if a rental gets blasted on their first trip to the field, odds are they won't be coming back.
Are you implying that they can't get blasted on semi just as bad?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:13 PM #104
YoImBeast

YoImBeast owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
YoImBeast supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvecchio View Post
Are you implying that they can't get blasted on semi just as bad?
i think he means if theyre shooting rental sh*t semi's and someone comes out with a ramped gun.. lets just say 12bps capped.. they see it as " i just got r*ped by a fast gun paintball sucks " THe first time i went i only played renters with Tippy 98s. it was fun.. once the game was over and the experienced group walked out i heard guns shooting up to 25 bps and almost shat. If i played with them.. i prob would have never came back the next day and bought a ion from the shop at my paintball field cus i loved the sport so much
Old 02-15-2011, 08:24 PM #105
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by empire1122 View Post
I beg to differ. The vast majority of tournament players started playing recreational paintball. Therefore, if you scare the first day recreational players away, that leaves far fewer people to "graduate" to tournament paintball. So the tournament paintball scene is hurt just as much.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote