PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2010, 04:49 PM #43
B2K5Kypaintballer
rock out with ur **** out

B2K5Kypaintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
if u adjust the ROF cap on those guns, which all electros have for the most part, that solves ur problem
B2K5Kypaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:09 PM #44
edless

edless owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
edless owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Savage View Post
Canadian prices are extremely high. People buy less paint and shoot less paint so more new players are probably having fun and sticking around.
Up in Canada, its 120(member) to 200$(non-member) a case...

for speed we pay 30/35...
edless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:11 PM #45
Nitestalker

Nitestalker owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Nitestalker plays in the APPA D4 division
For those of you who believe paintball is in a decline based solely onthe number of teams in tourneys or number of players who attend big games could not be further from the truth. At my local field I have seen at least 20 people come out this year who have never played. Yea 20 people over the course of a year may not seem like a lot but if every field around the world had 20 new people come out to play that adds up to a sh*tload of people. Most people dont play in tourneys or go to big games because they either cant afford it (obamaconomy), they enjoy playing outlaw ball, or they just enjoy going to thier local field and playing for a few hours every couple weeks.

As previously stated the tourney scene unfortunately is getting worse with the number of cheaters and the number of smart @$$ little punks who like to run thier mouths, and a lot of people dont wanna deal with the bs. The last tourney I played the ROF was 12.5 and there was a kid on a team we played shooting 19.5. Wether or not it was intentional idk but that was something he should have checked at the start of the day. Wipers imho just suck, go home and grow a pair. If you cant go out and play a straight up game and win or lose with class then go the f*** home and play halo.

Scenario games are fun as he((, but they can be expensive. with $50-70+ entry fees and $60+ for a case of paint. Not to mention the cost for some to travel to the event (if you live in Neosho, MS and wanna go to OK D-Day or live in Tampa, FL and wanna go to Wayne's World you're settin better than most).

So if you think paintball is declining then look past scenarios and tourneys at where paintball started and we'll see.
Sponsored by: HPS, Empire Paintball, My wallet
Nitestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:23 PM #46
B2K5Kypaintballer

yes shane, that was quite ****ty lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by edless View Post
Up in Canada, its 120(member) to 200$(non-member) a case...

for speed we pay 30/35...
youre def gettin screwed bc alot of the paint is actually made in canada... lol
Old 11-22-2010, 05:32 PM #47
nickgibson87
I smell virgin

nickgibson87 plays in the PSP
nickgibson87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nickgibson87 plays in the APPA D4 division
nickgibson87 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
how is pulling a trigger fast a skill ?
nickgibson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:58 AM #48
Nitestalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgibson87 View Post
how is pulling a trigger fast a skill ?
Finger dexterity. A lot of women love it!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:30 PM #49
ballin v6
HKanada

lol^
ballin v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:56 PM #50
dragon6g
I shoot dead people

I have a theory why the sport is in such a decline and I don’t think it’s because of the economy. I’m a soldier and have been one for almost 15 years. For us we don’t have the economy issues that civilians have. We always get a paycheck, we don’t get laid off, my peers always get paid. Some get high dollar bonuses, we get almost guaranteed loans and mortgages, Military personal really will not feel a recession. And I have seen the same decline with my Army prospective paintball players over the last few years. I could be way off but here is my theory.
Airball fields and high end markers!! Now don’t get me wrong I am avid tourney player and I haven’t been in the woods in 10 over years and I’m not going back. But this is what I have seen and experienced. Years ago when you told some one that you played paintball you would have to endure some story of when this guy played once and it was so fun and he loved it. He would tell you stories that “he was here, they were there he shot, they shot bla bla bla…..” But he liked it. You didn’t care for the story but you liked his enthusiasm that he had. Now a days if you talk to someone that have only played once he tells you stories about being on the “balloon” field the only field getting shot to hell, getting shot out in 10 secs. , Refs yelling at him, punk kids, Or he don’t want his child around them.
I feel the sport is harder to break into then it used to be. Or at least it is more intimidating to outsides then it ever has. Now when a new guy shows up he thinks everyone is “pros” Years ago when we were in the woods we had camo on and half the time the new guys and 1st timers had camo on. The really experienced players had better equipment and got a lot of kills per game but a 1st timer could stay in the game for more than 4 seconds. I just think we are not replacing the people that are getting out for whatever reason to include the economy. It’s just seems to me that basically the 1st time players are not coming back to play again. They are not having a good time like they used to. I’m not saying you can’t jump into the sport. I’m just saying I think it is a lot more uncomfortable for a 1st timer to become a player. Just remember that all the 1st timers you see geting there face blown off by some punk could of been a future player. But he isnt coming back...
take everything in my sig cheap ! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4189113
Check out our team website
http://www.wix.com/hellbringer120/Resistance
dragon6g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:03 PM #51
Nitestalker

unfortunately you see a lot of this especially at bigger fields. Thankfully dont see much of that at my local field. Every once in a while we'll get someone like that but the field owner is really good about letting them know that we dont cotton to that kind of stuff
Old 11-26-2010, 06:38 PM #52
Waldo14

Waldo14 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I find the problem is paint and entry prices. paint average at tournys is like 100$ a case and it adds up. now also entry is alot of money per team. I recently spent 500$ at a tourny, i was playing div4. its just to god dam expensive
Old 11-26-2010, 06:43 PM #53
turbotee22

times are hard and people just dont gout out that much any more
turbotee22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:56 PM #54
B2K5Kypaintballer

how in the hell are u payin thatttt much for paint??
Old 11-27-2010, 09:25 PM #55
wolfe58
Wolfe58

$100/case? Clearly your getting ripped off.

Wolfe #58
Eye2Eye-Angel-HardCorps PB-XO
wolfe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:08 AM #56
P 2the aintball

P 2the aintball is playing at Living Legends III
P 2the aintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
P 2the aintball supports Team VICIOUS
P 2the aintball posts videos on PbNation
lol

CRASH AT THE WHAT? CRASH AT THE COAST 2011!!!!!

http://karmaloop.com Repcode : Kokopuffs <--- 20% off all orders

Ebay Name : Legitseller2011 (+80,-0)
P 2the aintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 AM #57
marinedddrrr

Its the younger players getting discouraged is what I think, they go out to play there first time and get pounded by more experienced players, so just my advice would be for people to have a pump gun and sometimes go play with the newer players and just help them out and show them the joy in the sport.
marinedddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:30 PM #58
ballin v6
HKanada

^ thats a big part, but also the economy.

and for anyone saying the price is to high, think about this. The paint costs in our sport are only getting cheaper.

compare paint prices to 5 years ago, its not more expensive. So this means people complaining about paint being so expensive know dont know what they are talking about.

so if people are saying paintball is dieing cause of paint prices, they are wrong. cause it was doing fine years ago when paint was even more expensive.

I think a big part is what marinedddrrr

And, the paintball industry almost expanded to fast before paintball expanded. know what i mean?
ballin v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:49 AM #59
DumpstaKid
dpx

people forgot how to have fun when playing paintball, when practice becomes more like a job its not as fun. that and the regular players at the fields who should be helping new players would rather make fun of them.
DumpstaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:02 AM #60
ehos

ehos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2K5Kypaintballer View Post
how in the hell are u payin thatttt much for paint??
He's probably in Canada. We have a 7 man 'tourney' coming up in Calgary. $80/case

For 7 man. Yikes. When I went to HB, it was $35/case for almost any paint you can imagine. I almost had a heart attack. I kept running around saying, hey! Why's paint so cheap? Why's paint so cheap? I bought 3 cases just for the hell of it, even though I was playing pump. I only shot 1 case and I gave away 2 cases for fun. I should've taken them back to the Hilton and rolled around in the paint I was so giddy.

We.get.screwed.
ehos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:15 AM #61
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just glancing through this thread makes me want to multi-quote so many posts. I agree wholeheartedly that there are too many, dare I say it, children in the sport. Age isn't relevant, more so how you carry yourself. I'm 18 and shoot an ego 8. My first gun was a Tippmann 98. My next was a Proto Rail the year they were released. Now I'm shooting my ego. Each one of these markers I purchased myself and know the ins and outs of each. I played last weekend with nine players. Out of those eight, six were under the age of 14 and the rest of us were eighteen or nineteen. Out of the nine of us, only me, my brother, and another friend of ours were using gear we purchased ourselves and actually, one guy was just using a rental. The six others were shooting minis, egos, an ephiphany, and a SLG. None of them could fix their marker, program the board, lube and tech it after they played, etc. And when they shot one of us out, we generally caught anywhere from 4 to 12 balls as opposed to the two - three they got maximum from us. They didn't tell us nice shot when we shot one of them out, but rather pitched a fit and argued with the referee about it whereas we called ourselves out and congratulated them when they got an elimination, no matter the bonus balling.

The sport has changed drastically. There isn't as much sportsmanship as there used to be and it is hurting the sport in a bad way. A way which, really, is continuing and progressing with each generation. So, I guess I'm asking the same question as well... What happened?
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:30 PM #62
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon6g View Post
I have a theory why the sport is in such a decline and I donít think itís because of the economy. Iím a soldier and have been one for almost 15 years. For us we donít have the economy issues that civilians have. We always get a paycheck, we donít get laid off, my peers always get paid. Some get high dollar bonuses, we get almost guaranteed loans and mortgages, Military personal really will not feel a recession. And I have seen the same decline with my Army prospective paintball players over the last few years. I could be way off but here is my theory.
Airball fields and high end markers!! Now donít get me wrong I am avid tourney player and I havenít been in the woods in 10 over years and Iím not going back. But this is what I have seen and experienced. Years ago when you told some one that you played paintball you would have to endure some story of when this guy played once and it was so fun and he loved it. He would tell you stories that ďhe was here, they were there he shot, they shot bla bla blaÖ..Ē But he liked it. You didnít care for the story but you liked his enthusiasm that he had. Now a days if you talk to someone that have only played once he tells you stories about being on the ďballoonĒ field the only field getting shot to hell, getting shot out in 10 secs. , Refs yelling at him, punk kids, Or he donít want his child around them.
I feel the sport is harder to break into then it used to be. Or at least it is more intimidating to outsides then it ever has. Now when a new guy shows up he thinks everyone is ďprosĒ Years ago when we were in the woods we had camo on and half the time the new guys and 1st timers had camo on. The really experienced players had better equipment and got a lot of kills per game but a 1st timer could stay in the game for more than 4 seconds. I just think we are not replacing the people that are getting out for whatever reason to include the economy. Itís just seems to me that basically the 1st time players are not coming back to play again. They are not having a good time like they used to. Iím not saying you canít jump into the sport. Iím just saying I think it is a lot more uncomfortable for a 1st timer to become a player. Just remember that all the 1st timers you see geting there face blown off by some punk could of been a future player. But he isnt coming back...
I think you summed it fairly well. Paintball has changed. Not just the price (actually the price is indirectly responsible for much of the change). It's a "trickle up" effect. If people playing for the first time aren't having as much fun, they, and the their friends, won't be back. It's a domino effect, just like it used to be a domino effect when people were having more fun and coming back with their friends, who in turn cam back with more friends.

The big question is, what can be done about it, if anything? Personally I blame the field owners mostly for letting things get to where it is and not recognizing they need to keep a tighter rein on things.
Horizon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:23 AM #63
paintballbudd

to everyone who has posted, or read a good portion of this thread:

think hard about this, dont just blow it off (sub-consciously defending your precious marker)

the beginning of the downfall of the sport of paintball was the invention of the electronic marker. as technology advanced, the sport suffered. cheat boards got so out of control, event organizers threw in the towel and allowed cheating. they dubbed it ramping. its all been downhill from there.

i shall not go into nitty gritties. but for those with more than a decade in the game, think about it carefully, and ask yourself if this is not the freaking truth.

now imagine if some set of events took place that brought an end to this insanity, and mech markers dominated the sport of paintball once again. can you honestly say this one simple (actually not so simple) change could very well revitalize the faltering sport of competitive paintball?

if/when the time comes, i hope people who remember and understand will recognize salvation when they see it on the horizon, and embrace it. competitive paintball can be made fun and skillful again, and if gods willing, it will be done.

-buddo

Last edited by paintballbudd : 12-10-2010 at 08:46 AM.
paintballbudd is offline   Reply With Quote