PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-06-2010, 11:56 PM #1
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Issue: Eclipse Nexus 05 Won't Properly Shoot **Resolved**

**RESOLVED****RESOLVED****RESOLVED****RESOLVED****RESOLVED****RESOLVED****RESOLVED****RESOLVED****RESOLVED****RESOLVED**

Alright, so I'm not that new to Ego's; having owned 4 thus far, I am somewhat acquainted with how one works and the utter basics. With that being said, I only set the board to the factory settings, adjust the LPR 2 turns from flush and set the inline regulator's input pressure to achieve roughly 285-290 FPS -- that's about all I know how to get an Ego up and running. Now, I have just received an Eclipse 05 Nexus that was in...well it has seen better days I'm sure. Having bought and received a solenoid via the B/S/T section way in advance; I installed it, gave the Ego a complete clean up and [tune] up. Got my tank and aired the Ego, fired a couple of shots...turning into a string of shots, boy was I happy. Now, this was only dry firing, so I had no idea what the actual input pressure was without a chronograph (guestimation) and or a gauge at hand. I was content for that day. Now today, I went to go shoot the Ego some more. To my amazement, the Ego wasn't properly shooting. It cycles and everything, no leaks or flaws. From what I can tell, the rammer just doesn't seem to be hitting the valve stem. It does hit it once every 20 or so shots, but it's more of a burp or a weak pop. Every so often it sounds like a real shot, if that makes sense. I am puzzled as to what this may be...I haven't touched it or adjusted anything, so this makes no sense. My head tells me it might be a failing solenoid...I sure hope this isn't the case. Nonetheless, I am here to seek the help of the nation. Any information regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated -- thanks much in advance,

-Jarred

**RESOLVED**
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it

Last edited by tgs-killer : 10-07-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Resolved
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2010, 06:00 AM #2
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Have you tried running the LPR at flush? How do you know the HPR is set properly? Have you tried adjusting it?

Also, have you put in a brand new, name brand battery?

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 10-08-2010 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Double post.
xluben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:39 AM #3
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son

Annual Supporting Member
Jkpz28 is a Supporting Member
If I remember right I think the old star regs where close to the correct pressure at 3 turns in from all the way out. Plus do you have the correct amount of shims for the shim stack on the piston in the HPR? Is the black cup seal on top of the piston in the HPR still there? Did you screw the asa knob all the way in? Some times this would be too far and choak the air from flowing into the reg.
Jkpz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:32 AM #4
coyut
PE Tech and www.341.ch

has been a member for 10 years
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Also be sure the QEV's are not broken, not clogged, and they are locked with loctite so there's no air leak.

Selling my Coyut SL74
coyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:19 PM #5
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Have you tried running the LPR at flush? How do you know the HPR is set properly? Have you tried adjusting it?

Also, have you put in a brand new, name brand battery?
I'll try running the LPR at a lower setting -- the HPR is definitely not set properly, that's for sure. I have it set at 2 1/2 turns from its lowest (off) setting, just to give the marker a sufficient amount of air to judge it's function. As far as the battery goes, I have a brand new Duracell 9volt in there. I've tried multiple new Duracell's with no change in performance, all full battery life levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpz28 View Post
If I remember right I think the old star regs where close to the correct pressure at 3 turns in from all the way out. Plus do you have the correct amount of shims for the shim stack on the piston in the HPR? Is the black cup seal on top of the piston in the HPR still there? Did you screw the asa knob all the way in? Some times this would be too far and choak the air from flowing into the reg.
The stock HPR seems to be that of a stock Ego5 -- I'm think the internals may be the same or similar to the Star. As far as I know, the HPR is working fine with the correct amount of shims. Just to make sure, I will completely strip the HPR to possibly eliminate it as a [problem]. I've tried having the ASA partially turned in and turned in fully; it's an Eclipse OOPS. Still no performance gain or change,

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyut View Post
Also be sure the QEV's are not broken, not clogged, and they are locked with loctite so there's no air leak.
I will try checking the QEV's -- hopefully I won't ruin the diaphragms in the process

I will try to examine and eliminate any of the possibilities listed above. I do thank you for your responses and I will post up any updates,

-Jarred

Okay, I've got a few things to add in. I have tried all of the above suggestions -- completely stripped apart the HPR, lowered the LPR, checked the QEV's, and scoured the entire Rammer assembly; everything seems to be in cosmetic and in working order. In so, nothing is wrong with the mechanical aspects of the Ego. Now, to further support that claim, I've mounted on the solenoid and eye assembly onto my Virtue Ego5...the same problem occurs. The bolt cycles, but does actuate forward enough to activate the valve stem. I've, from what I am able to see, have narrowed the problem to the eyes and the solenoid. My gut tells me it's the solenoid that's the issue, but my head tells me it has something to do with the eyes. I've read somewhere that Ego5 and Ego6 eyes are not compatible? They look strikingly similar, which is strange...the eyes I currently have came stock on my Ego5 and put on my Nexus. Now the Nexus probably has 06 style software? I am not entirely sure, making this completely speculation..

Here's what the eyes are reading:

-Turn Ego On, With Bolt In Forward Position: (-) / (+)
-Turn Ego On, With Bolt In Backward Position: ( )
-Fire Ego; While Bolt In Backward Position: [ ]
-Degas, Leaving Ego On; While Bolt In Forward Position: [-] / [+]
-Turn Ego Eyes Off: (

Now from what the manual says, with the indications of: "(+)/(-), (), ("; these show the eyes are working properly but they are either on or off. Conversely, with the indications of: "[, [+]/[-], []"; these show that there are faults with the eyes. Is there any validity from this to the instance of my issue?

-Jarred

I took the Nexus to the shop today and they were able to fix it. A service of $15 and a bag of paint later...ended up being $27 total to get a relatively simple problem to get fixed. The dwell and other settings needed to be [tweaked] in addition to both regulators, i.e., LPR & HPR. Odd string of events that's for sure. Any how, I do thank you for all of your suggestions nonetheless. Take care every one,

-Jarred
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 10-08-2010 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Triple post.
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote